7 posts
Page 1 of 1
My user made presets got a little out out hand, so i deleted them from the folder where presonus supposedly keeps them. (I checked from the locations folder in the program) For some reason, they are still there. I tried making a new song, and all my old presets are still there. My new presets are coming up in the wrong place in studione as well. I wanted them all in a folder titled 'woodie's presets', but they are all in different places. There must be some other place where these old presets are being stored. I couldnt find anything in the documents section. Anyone have an idea where I might be able to find them and delete them?
Last edited by chriswoodie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
by garryknight on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:49 am
What happens if you right-click one of the presets and do a refresh?

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by chriswoodie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:04 pm
When I go to my FX chains on the track, right clicking just closes the window. If you're referring to the 'file' pool, my old presets arent showing up there, so I cant refresh them. If I could find them there, I'd be able to delete them.
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:04 pm
I had a similar issue a while ago, before V3. I would click the home icon, then click the re-index plugins and they would go away and/or show up in the right place. Sometimes I would close and re open S1.
I think there was some phantom caching (file?) of this somewhere...... I would delete them manually on the HD and they would still show up.

The name of the FX chain should be the file name, so if you search the entire drive for that name (or part of) you should find it if it exists.
The one i just created is on my E drive under presets at same level as my song folder.

E:\Studio One V3\Presets

What version of S1?

One thing that would be nice is to be able to browse when saving them, You get a place to type a subfolder. but cant manage folders since it doesn't open into a file explorer.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by chriswoodie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am
Ok. reindexing presets did the trick. (Home button, Re-index presets) Thank you for that. I definitely agree with the browsing for folders while adding fx chains. Too easy to spell the folder wrong. Maybe rearranging them by folder manually and reindexing the presets will work though.

EDIT: yes. After you set up your fx chains, you can go to your preset folder on your computer, and arrange them in folders manually, then reindex your presets again, and your folders are good.
by bennbenn1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:48 pm
Hi every one, I'm new to this, however I had this same problem about deleting unused FX Chain
I seen lots of answer, but none was helping to much, I finally realize how is done
So I will explain slowly, for people like myself.
1) Go to the browser Tab, It is to the bottom right side of your screen (Monitor) where it have your EDIT and MIX tab, If not open, Click on BROWSER, once its open
2) Look to the very top of your open browser box, you will see where it say, START - SONG and PROJECT, Below that is the little house Icon (Home) Next to it, you will see where it say INSTRUMENT and fallow by EFFECTS
3) Click on the one that say EFFECTS
4) You will see FX CHAINS, bellow you will see, all the FX Chain folders
5) Depending on where you saved your Custom FX Chain
6) Go to that folder and Click on it. you will see the FX
7) When you find the FX you want to delete
8) Right click on it, in the Drop down box click Delete.
9) IF you don't see Delete, Click on "Show in Explorer"
10) another Box will open and you will see the list in explorer, and delete the once you no longer want.

To finalize, once you finish deleting the once you do not want or need any more.
Right click on any FX and click REFRESH.
NOTE: Do not click Refresh till you finish removing ALL the once you don't want
If you do, IT WILL RESCAN and the process will take longer.

NOTE: : Be shore of the folders, files or FX's your deleting, are the once you made and want to delete
If you delete an unwanted folder, You may not be able to bring it back.

Thanks and I hope it help some one
by michaelkhaleel on Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:35 pm
Thank you very much.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1