8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Several virtual instruments I use with Sonar simply refuse to appear in Studio One Pro and three of those are essentials to me: Image-Line's Sakura, AAS's String Studio and G-Force's M-Tron Pro. They are 32 bit but I understand that Studio 2.6.3 can switch itself to 32 bit functionality automatically to accommodate these plugins, something that baffles me somewhat as I don't quite see how the program could handle 32 and 64 bit plugins in the same project. I believe I have tried all that was humanely possible and it's a pity because I really like Studio One's light footed workflow. A strange thing is that String Studio's stablemate, Tassman, works without demur.
I am using the demo version of Studio which shouldn't make any difference but perhaps I am missing something dead obvious that you might be able to point out.
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:52 pm
They are 32 bit but I understand that Studio 2.6.3 can switch itself to 32 bit functionality automatically to accommodate these plugins

This is incorrect. You can have both versions installed on your system, and it would only count as 1 installation of 5 allowed. On a mac, there is only one installer for 32 and 64. 32 is installed by default, and you have to rt click and deselect run as 32bit to get it to run as 64 bit.

Otherwise you would need some sort of bit bridge.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by denisdowland on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 am
Well, this is what I read on the Studio-One/Explore/Sounds Better page:
'Studio One's audio engine automatically switches to 32-bit mode on the fly for 32-bit plug-ins, and runs in 64-bit mode for 64-bit plug-ins'.
by jBranam on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 am
well don't know where you read that but only 32bit version of S1 runs 32bit plugs and 64bit version runs 64bit plugs. the only way to get them both ways... since some have ONLY 32bit versions... a lot of us use JBridge. it is a small program written by an individual and works a dream over 90% of the time but every once in a while you run into stubborn plugs. it works both ways... you can convert 32 to 64 or 64 to 32. it is very reasonably priced so check it out. it may help you. cheers

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by denisdowland on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:20 am
You beat me to it. The first thing I thought of this morning was jBridge which I used with an earlier version of Sonar. I re-installed it and the thing appears to work with Studio One without a hitch. Great rejoicings and hosannas from the multitudes.
PS: This is where I read it, since you ask:
http://www.presonus.com/products/studio ... nds-better
by stevewalker2 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 am
'Studio One's audio engine automatically switches to 32-bit mode on the fly for 32-bit plug-ins, and runs in 64-bit mode for 64-bit plug-ins'.

I believe that refers to audio-processing not binary compatibility. The 64-bit audio engine will process audio as 64-bit floating point for plugins capable of processing 64-bit floating point data (double) but will automatically convert to 32-bit floating point (float) data for plugins that can only process 32-bit data.
by matthewgorman on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 am
stevewalker2 wrote

I believe that refers to audio-processing not binary compatibility. The 64-bit audio engine will process audio as 64-bit floating point for plugins capable of processing 64-bit floating point data (double) but will automatically convert to 32-bit floating point (float) data for plugins that can only process 32-bit data.

I agree Steve, but it does seem a little mis-leading by directly referencing plugs.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:55 am
denisdowland wroteYou beat me to it. The first thing I thought of this morning was jBridge which I used with an earlier version of Sonar. I re-installed it and the thing appears to work with Studio One without a hitch. Great rejoicings and hosannas from the multitudes.
PS: This is where I read it, since you ask:
http://www.presonus.com/products/studio ... nds-better

Please note that the information at that link has been updated by Presonus to better reflect the definition of process precision.

Power to the People.

Matt

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1