46 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Out of nowhere, Melodyne has decided to hang at "85%" during the load up of a song.

This has started following: While working in a song this afternoon, I opened Melodyne to edit a groove. It wouldn't completely fire up for editing. It simply opened and had Zero info in it - and claimed that it was now unregistered, etc..
I checked the "about" and it read as active and serial-ed, etc.
I decided to uninstall and reinstall. All went fine and, once again, it is confirmed as active.

Out of nowhere, Melodyne has decided to hang at "85%" during the load up of a song.

This has started following: While working in a song this afternoon, I opened Melodyne to edit a groove. It wouldn't completely fire up for editing. It simply opened and had None of the sound info info in it - and claimed that it was now unregistered, etc..
I checked the "about" and it read as active and serial-ed, etc.
I decided to uninstall and reinstall. All went fine and, once again, it is confirmed as active.

Restart StudioOne. It scans all extensions and reads “starting melodyne” TWICE during the start-up scan of S1, doesn't error, then continues as normal.

Attempt to fire up the song again. All VSTs, effects scan and load until Melodyne - where it hangs at "85%". It stays in this state, forcing me to close the entire DAW. Anything else I open, that has previously melodyne edited tracks, works just fine.

Ever see this before?

Thanks gang.
Last edited by badness on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intel Core i7-6700 @3.40GHz / 3.41GHz
Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

STUDIO ONE 5 PRO (v5.1.2+)
Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2
Roli RISE ( controller of the future - future - future ) :ugeek:
Moog ONE ~ Novation Summit ~ ASM Hydrasynth ~Waldorf KYRA
Roland System8 ~ Roland SE-02 ~ Roland D-05 ~ My dog Fred :|
DeepMind 12 ~ ATOM sq ~ Basses and Guitars
47 za-billion $'s of soft synths, effects, and debt (the rest a highly coveted government secret) .

http://www.soundcloud.com/inverted7th

by scottyo7 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 am
I have never seen this before on my system.
Shooting in the dark. :roll:

After Melodyne is loaded, it always pops up on my PC stating...
"Your DAW's buffer is currently too small. This will most likely lead to CPU overlaod and dropouts in the DAW when using Melodyne. Please set the buffer size to 1024 samples. Click on the button below to learn more about this problem and how to deal with it."

It may be possible...
1) That you need to max out your buffer size (mine max's at 488) within S1.
2) That your event is to large for Melodyne to open... cut the event into more manageable pieces.

Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v20H2.
-S1 Pro 4.6.2; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just Me
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by badness on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:33 am
I've seen the buffer notice before. When ever it occurred, it was after the song was opened and when I clicked to edit in Melodyne. Adjusting the buffer remedied that issued, when it occurred.

Since it has Just started this, following work on the one song, I have to think that there was "something" that I did or didn't do before closing the song. Any other song that has Melodyne edited files in it, opens and plays just fine. I am timid now, to open another song and edit something with Melodyne - fearing that another song will become "un-open-able".

I think, in the meantime, I'm gonna created a quick new song with some audio files, open Melodyne, save and close - then see what occurs when I try to open it. That's all I can think to do. I had thought I might restore the system to a day or so ago, but I pretty sure that system restore doesn't matter, either way, with software files, just system files.

Can a .song file get "injured" in some way?
If so, can a .song file be repaired?

I've written to Celemony as well and asked if they had any thoughts on this.

Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2
47 za-billion $'s of soft synths, effects, and debt (the rest a highly coveted government secret) .

by badness on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 am
Alright - I did a quick new song experiment. Created a new song, drug some audio into it and edited it with Melodyne. Saved, then closed it.

I reopened the test song and . . . . it opened and played perfect.

So - I had to take the leap and opened an actual saved song. Edited some audio and saved that. Reopened this song and, it too was fine.

This has to mean one thing: Somehow, the .song file in question has been damaged. I couldn't tell you how, but it must be.
Albeit a chunk of work, it's Not a crucial part of my current project and I fear that I may lose this one. I still have the saved folders and their information and if I Really wanna resurrect it, I supposed I could start a new version from scratch, incorporating the original files as needed. Then again, one of Those audio files could be the wrench in the mix.

In the end - Melodyne doesn't wanna load in this one song, hangs (at "85%") and basically brings on the need to kill off the entire running of S1. - Just never had this occur before.

Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2

by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:36 pm
Make a copy of the song file for safety purposes. Close the song and then open the copy to make sure the behavior persists. If it doesn't, then woo hoo, use this version. if it does the same thing, close the song. Go into preferences/advanced, and turn off ara integration. Restart S1, and open the copy. Re-save then reverse the above steps and see if that fixes it. Sometimes ARA gets a little confused.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by badness on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:40 pm
That is Exactly the advice given by Celemony.
And, it worked.

After reopening with ARA once again running, simply clicking on each audio part that had originally been altered by Melodyne and loading Melodyne for that clip, then saving Without any re-editing. Then reopening the song again = found all the original edits and ran perfectly.

For, what ever reason, the Melodyne edits did NOT save intact and when the .song file was searched for those files that had edit information but, none was there; it hung . . . never to open and, basically rendered S1 inoperable.

Thanks for the assist.

Windows 10 64bit
16 Gigs RAM
Studio 192

Toys:
Roland JUNO-DS 88
Maschine Studio 2

by jso on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 am
It crashes immediately. Any pointers?

Studio One Pro 3.3.1
Windows 8.1
by jpettit on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:42 am
Start by listing your specs in your signature.

How did you install, from the app or from the web site?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by jso on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:55 am
Fixed. It was the Melodyne VST causing the problem.

Studio One Pro 3.3.1
Windows 8.1
by jpettit on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:16 am
Great. :thumbup:
But if you share a it more there might be an issue that can be fixed in the future.

SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by jso on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:56 am
I removed the Melodyne.dll from my VST folder. I don't really use it.

Studio One Pro 3.3.1
Windows 8.1
by jpettit on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:00 pm
Oh there is a way we are checking now to deactivate and re-install.

by Daniel2000 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:51 pm
Hi,

StudionOne doesn't open after 3.3 Update.
Does anybody has the same issue?
It never happend with any of the previous updates.
StudioOne has been running rock solid so far on my Windows10, 64bit, i7, 16gig ram system
What to do?

Best regards,
Daniel
Last edited by Daniel2000 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU 3.40 GHz, 16 Gig Ram, Windows 10 x64, StudioOne Pro
https://soundcloud.com/user9149108
by Skip Jones on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 pm
I would suggest you open a support ticket.

http://www.presonus.com/support/Contact ... al-Support

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Skip Jones on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:21 pm
BTW, are you getting any error messages? If so please reply.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Daniel2000 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:33 pm
Skip Jones wroteBTW, are you getting any error messages? If so please reply.

No error messages ... it starts scanning and than hangs at "starting melogyne integration..."

by ciadude2 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:38 pm
I'm having the exact same problem.
I updated a little while ago and now it hangs at "Starting Melodyne Integration". No error, just the spinning blue circle when I move the mouse over the window. The only way to exit is by going through the task manager.
I've tried deleting Melodyne, rebooting, reinstalling, but it still hangs at this exact spot.
by Daniel2000 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:45 pm
Hi ciadude2,

thats exactly the same scenario as here...

...I think this is something that needs to be fixed by Presonus

by ciadude2 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:47 pm
Daniel, good news, I found a fix from another thread.

It has something to do with the outdated version of Melodyne. Go to the Melodyne site and download Melodyne 4(the free trial version) and install that.
Something about S1 3.3 doesn't like the older versions of the program but after doing this, I'm now sitting at the main file screen. Hope it works for you too.
by tovokas on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:50 pm
That's not really a solution. :)

Many of us have older versions of Melodyne, and deleting it 'just cuz' is not really an option. Hopefully this will be resolved very quickly.

(Though I have temporarily disabled Melodyne by renaming the VST, and Studio One is launching properly).

2017 iMac 27" i7 4.2ghz/ Windows 10 Laptop
16Gb Memory
Mac OS Mojave/ Windows 10
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Studio One 5 (Sphere) / Waveform 11

46 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3