10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Anyone using Studio One Pro V3 with the new Yamaha Montage ?

Are you able to use the Montage Quick Setup Modes to work in Studio One ? i.e. to record MIDI, ARP, and AUDIO ?

What about MIDI, how are you setting up the MIDI channels in S1V3 ? i.e. Cubase has a MIDI channel = 'Any' , which would allow Cubase to auto-channelize the track's midi channel to whatever midi channel is set on the Montage. Can this be done in S1V3 ?

Also, is there a MIDI Thuru Option in S1V3 ?

My primary DAW is Cubase Pro 8.5, but I just started using Studio One Pro V3, which a wonderful DAW, I'm in the learning phase of S1V3 at this time, and I would like to use it with the Montage in a similar way as I would use it with Cubase, so I'm hoping this is possible.

Any feedback on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
by L56 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:00 am
Hello Muziksculp,

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you still have the same question or found a solution.

I have a Yamaha montage and just upgraded to Studio one 3.5 and while familiar again with Studio One I encountered a lot of head scratching while dealing with a hardware instrument that is also an audio interface and midi but I think I have figured it out.

Maybe we can compare notes or maybe someone else has a question about Yamaha Montage and Studio One? Let's hear it!

Greetings,
L56
by muziksculp on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:25 pm
L56 wroteHello Muziksculp,

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you still have the same question or found a solution.

I have a Yamaha montage and just upgraded to Studio one 3.5 and while familiar again with Studio One I encountered a lot of head scratching while dealing with a hardware instrument that is also an audio interface and midi but I think I have figured it out.

Maybe we can compare notes or maybe someone else has a question about Yamaha Montage and Studio One? Let's hear it!

Greetings,
L56

Hi L56,

I figured out how best to connect my Montage to Studio One, all working nicely together. I don't use the Montage as my Audio Interface.

I'm currently on vacation until mid. December, I will post some feedback on how I have it setup, and how I'm using it when I'm back in my studio, and have some free time to post this info.

Enjoy your Montage !

Thanks,
Muziksculp
by caesarhernandez on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 pm
Looking forward to your reply :)

I am looking to get a Montage and am very curious about its integration capabilities with Studio One.

Thanks!
by L56 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:57 pm
Hi caesarhernandez,

I know you were replying to muziksculp, but I'd like to share the way how I set it up. But It'll have to wait until this weekend, because it's late and I need to sit down for it.

It's not very trivial because I use the montage as an Audio Interface and Midi Interface at the same time and as far as I know you cannot configure that as 1 device in Studio One.

Please bear with me. More information soon.

Regardless, get a Montage (if you haven't already). Fantastic machine! :-)

Regards,
L56
by L56 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:02 am
Ok, sorry for the late return, but I had to check my sanity multiple times and lost some hair in the process.

So the weird thing is that you cannot select the output of an External Device for a track when the input is also set in the SAME External Device. You have to create two separate External Devices PER instrument you want to use for MIDI input and output.

A working solution for me is to set a “New Keyboard” that received from the Montage Port 1 and a “New Instrument” to send to the Montage Port 1. So essentially the Montage keyboard is regarded separately from the Montage Tone generator. Then it also makes sense to have two External devices; 1 for each function.

I see the benefit of the Studio One way, but still: if you offer input and output per External Device it should work as expected.

BTW: This is not Specific to the Yamaha Montage. I have to setup the Korg Krome in the same way. (Also see screenshot).

Side Note: make sure Local Off is set (separate keyboard and tone generator on synth) and specifically for Montage also make sure the green keyboards in the performance overview page are set to your needs. They override the global Local Off setting and can cause quite a bit of Flanging/Phasing when set incorrectly

StudioOne3_MontageKromeMidiSetup_small.png

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: On a Mac here, running Sierra and using Studio One 3.5.4.45392.
by pattersongay on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:49 am
L56,
My Yamaha Motif XS6 records but I don't hear the recorded midi sounds with Studio One 4.
The Motif XS6 works perfectly with Bandlab Cakewalk Sonar.
Should the setup be twice. One as a new keyboard and the other as a new instrument?
I also have Presonus Audiobox USB 96 interface.
All assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks.
by Tacman7 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 am
That first sentence "records but I don't hear the recorded midi"

I'm not understanding.

So an external keyboard puts out midi and audio.

You record the midi on a midi track and the audio on an audio track.

Usually you would turn local control off on the keyboard and play your keys into a midi track in S1.

That track would send the midi out to the keyboard where it would sound.

But to hear it you need to setup an audio track (configured to where the keyboard is plugged in) with the monitor button on.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio Computer
Studio OnePro 4 64bit Melodyne Studio
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Nectar Impact LX25+

Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface:Komplete Audio 6
by pattersongay on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Tackman 7,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to record my synthesizer (Yamaha motif XS6) internal instruments on a midi track in Studio One 4. I can see the recorded midi data on the track, but hear no sounds on playback. The VST's and Instruments in Studio One are working fine when recorded and playback.
I also tried L56 method for his Yamaha Montage, but to no avail.

With Local Control off as you suggested, all internal sounds from my synth are inaudible to record.

Using BandLab's Cakewalk Sonar with my Motif XS6, midi record and playback is straightforward.

I like the features in Studio One 4 and would like to overcome this hurdle.

On the audio side, My Presonus Audi-box USB 96 (also hooked up) is working.
It is just the midi recording and playback of my Yamaha Motif's internal instruments with Studio One 4 I am having some problems.
Hope I am not too bothersome, but would appreciate all feedback for solutions on this matter.
BTW, are there any Studio One ins instruments file available, similar to Cakewalk Sonar?

Regards
by Tacman7 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 am
pattersongay wroteWith Local Control off as you suggested, all internal sounds from my synth are inaudible to record.

Yes, that's what local control off does. The midi from the keyboard can't get to the internal synth.
You route the midi output to a track in S1 and then that track routes it back to the internal synth to make sound. So the track input would be Mox output (create keyboard device)and the track output (create instrument device) would go to the mox input. This way you would record/edit your midi and hear what it sounds like through the synth.

You won't hear it in S1 unless the audio output from the synth is plugged into your interface and a track setup with it's input set to where you plugged the synth into the interface (create input in audio I/O setup).

Some people like to work with local off, some don't.

With local on you have everything setup the same way, just don't monitor the midi track when you're playing the keyboard or you get two sets of midi going to the synth.

To record the sounds of the synth you just need an audio track connected to the audio output of your synth.

Are you wanting just the midi or the audio recorded in S1? or both?

pattersongay wroteBTW, are there any Studio One ins instruments file available, similar to Cakewalk Sonar?

S1 doesn't have built in facilities for doing that but there have been workarounds

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=28448

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio Computer
Studio OnePro 4 64bit Melodyne Studio
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Nectar Impact LX25+

Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface:Komplete Audio 6

10 posts
Page 1 of 1