13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I receive a message that clipping has occured but not where or when,
I can't watch very long exporting reports for even 20 minutes!
Is there a way to know it?

Sergio
http://www.sergiobrunetti.it
At Home studio: Studio One 5 Pro - Notion 6.7
Windows 10 on Vertex4 SSD - I7 3960x - 32 GB RAM -
2010 MacbookPro 2.66 Ghz 8 Giga RAM -
Presonus Monitor Station and
MOTU: 2408 MK3, 24I, Traveler, MIDI Express XT
At theater: Studio One 4 Pro
Windows10 HP desktop
Presonus Studiolive 1642
by matthewgorman on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:41 am
Not right now unfortunately. Its likely the sum of the tracks, not one in particular. Myself, when this happens, whatever the clipping amount was, I drop the main fader by that amount and re-export.

Also, are you using a limiter on the main? you may want to just to catch those stray peaks. Make sure the limiter is on the post slot of the main, not the insert.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by vertigo on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:43 am
A notice of the very moment in which a clipping occurs should be something simple to implement in the software!

Sergio
http://www.sergiobrunetti.it
At Home studio: Studio One 5 Pro - Notion 6.7
Windows 10 on Vertex4 SSD - I7 3960x - 32 GB RAM -
2010 MacbookPro 2.66 Ghz 8 Giga RAM -
Presonus Monitor Station and
MOTU: 2408 MK3, 24I, Traveler, MIDI Express XT
At theater: Studio One 4 Pro
Windows10 HP desktop
Presonus Studiolive 1642
by matthewgorman on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:50 am
vertigo wroteA notice of the very moment in which a clipping occurs should be something simple to implement in the software!

Possibly, however knowing the moment may not make the fix easier. For example, clipping occurs at 1:37. Which track was it? Or most likely, the sum signal of multiple tracks. Now you risk jacking up the mix to correct, or wasting time trying to figure out which track to lower, or write automation. Easier to just bring the main down by a few db

However, maybe head over to answers.presonus.com to the Studio One feature requests. Take a look and see if there is an existing request, and vote it up. If there isn't one, create it.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jpettit on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 pm
I too thought it was strange that they did not tell you the time that it occurred ( since they know it).
I have a feature request in to add it, but it get very little notice. The response was similar to Matt's.
If it is .3db over turn the master down .3db.

This is true but puts a tax on all tracks due to one track.

If you prefer to leave the master at 0 db as I do, selecting all channels and adding a VCA is a quick way to bring the entire mix done.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Lawrence on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:22 pm
That's the thing... and I know I risk kicking off another one of those long "gain staging" debates just by saying it :) ... but if your mix clips by 2db, just pull the master fader down 2.5 db or whatever (or trim any master bus plugin by 2.x) and print it again.

It quite literally doesn't even matter, not at all.

Or, if you plan to "master" it later render it 32-bit float and ignore any such messages.
by davidsampson2 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:39 am
This probably won't work for all genres of music, but you could export it and accept the clipping, then put the output wave file in as a track and mute it. Then you could take a closer look at the waveform, use your ears and instrumentation, and make a decision.
by Lokeyfly on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:03 am
~Old post alert~
Hey, we've all done it. ;)

I

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by frank.crow on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm
Lawrence wroteIt quite literally doesn't even matter, not at all.

Or, if you plan to "master" it later render it 32-bit float and ignore any such messages.

I’ve been waiting for someone to finally confirm this. I figured as much but didn’t want to be wrong.

Thanks Lawrence

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by tkk on Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:42 am
None of the suggested "solutions" to add limiters/compressors or lowering the volume of the entire track work if you are recording classical music. The whole job is one or two audio clips, maybe one hour long and you don't want to compress at all, let alone limit your audio. The normal procedure is riding (automating) the faders but to do that you need to find the offending (clipping) spots.

Running the export function and marking all clipping spots with a different colour on the waveform shouldn't be that hard?

Studio One Artist 5.5.2
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
Studio 68
Dell desktop
E5-1607 0 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Fujitsu Lifebook P771
i7-2617M @ 1.5 - 2.3GHz, 8GB
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
by Lokeyfly on Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:23 am
Since we don't know what it is you're recording, and classical music doesn't have a corner on requiring any more limit reduction than most genres, you can try the suggestion with a limiter quite easily.

Just know what the amount of clipping was. That will come up on the clipping occured notice.
So if the overload was for example 1.8 dB. You could try the export again but with a few tenths of a dB lower ceiling difference. In this case 2.0 dB reduction.

It's important that you don't just set a ceiling level and reduce, but see the 2.0 dB reduction on the limiter (theres a reduction indicator). Studio One's limiter is quite good up to about 5 to 6 dB's.

You may hit another spike that is higher in the export, so it's a good idea to always run a peak check with your limiter, or metering before any export. That's just the right practice, bar none.

If it's a rather forgiving export in fidelity, you could try dropping by one half dB instead of two tenths. Again, the best method is going through the whole piece and see where peak readings are and by how much. Then, you have a set number to go by, automate gain or whatever.

Good luck!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Tacman7 on Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:33 am
There were a lot less solutions then than now, lot can happen to software in short amount of time.

The dynamic eq (ProEQ) might be good for killing resonate tones maybe, interesting to try.

So it wouldn't do anything until a threshold at a particular frequency could trigger a reduction of that frequency band.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:37 pm
Tacman7 wroteThere were a lot less solutions then than now, lot can happen to software in short amount of time.

The dynamic eq (ProEQ) might be good for killing resonate tones maybe, interesting to try.

So it wouldn't do anything until a threshold at a particular frequency could trigger a reduction of that frequency band.

Absolutely. If not for resonant tones, then taming low frequencies which often boost the signal in some almost unnoticeable ways. So instead of lopping off below 45Hz, or dropping a few dB's at 60 Hz, you can set the dynamics to only react when needed. So really where any resonant or problem frequencies produce a problem, levels can be better managed.

Glad to see the ProEQ 3 came along. Even though I don't have S1v6. It's a very useful addition.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

13 posts
Page 1 of 1