13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys

Im applying MPC grooves to my midi for quantisation swing, however every time I apply it, it also applies the velocity which is set as just straight 100%.

Is there a way I can take the quantisation from the template and not the velocity so I keep my custom set values?

I can get around it by applying the template and then setting velocities, but If i want to change the quantisation groove after that, itll re load the default 100% velocity.

Appreciate any insight on this!
by niles on Fri May 20, 2016 10:19 am
It might be a bug. To work around it first Freeze velocity and after that velocity to 0% should maintain your original velocity on groove quantize.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by jackwarris on Fri May 20, 2016 10:43 am
niles wroteIt might be a bug. To work around it first Freeze velocity and after that velocity to 0% should maintain your original velocity on groove quantize.

Cheers I didnt realise 'Freeze velocity' was an option!
by Lawrence on Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 am
Hey Jack,

Afaict (and you can try it to see) the velocity percentage slider on the quantize toolbar still works with grooves. If you set the slider to 0 before applying a groove it won't change any velocities, and alternately, if you set it to 100% it will fully replicate the velocities in the groove, and/or anything in between 0-100.
by jackwarris on Fri May 20, 2016 11:03 am
Lawrence wroteHey Jack,

Afaict (and you can try it to see) the velocity percentage slider on the quantize toolbar still works with grooves. If you set the slider to 0 before applying a groove it won't change any velocities, and alternately, if you set it to 100% it will fully replicate the velocities in the groove, and/or anything in between 0-100.

This was my logic too, but the slider didnt seem to resolve the issue, perhaps its my error and I will try again later. but regardless of slider it enforced default velocity
by niles on Fri May 20, 2016 11:20 am
Trust me, it's a leftover of the 3.2.1 Quantize Resets Note Velocity issue that was partially fixed. Your best bet is to freeze any changed velocity before quantizing with a groove preset.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Lawrence on Fri May 20, 2016 11:25 am
Yep. It worked fine the first two times and then it suddenly started doing the Niles bug thing when it's set to 0, maximizing all the velocities. Looks like they fixed the "quantize max bug" everywhere else, but missed one case of it, groove with 0%.

Niles is right, bug remnants.
by niles on Fri May 20, 2016 11:37 am
It's easy to reproduce.
  1. Add note with velocity of 127 (100%)
  2. Change velocity to 5 (3.94%)
  3. Do groove quantize with velocity to 2%

Result: Note resets to 127

by Lawrence on Fri May 20, 2016 11:39 am
Yeah. It didn't do it here the first two times I tried but it kicked in on the third try and did exactly that, and every time after that.
by tedannemann on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 am
No fix yet here too?

Studio One 3 (always the latest version) | Mac OS X (always the latest version) | UAD Apollo | Endless list of plug-ins and samples

Please vote for the integration of the Elastique Tape Algorithm: http://answers.presonus.com/7607/tape-r%20...%20stretching
by tedannemann on Thu May 04, 2017 2:12 pm
What can I do to get this bug fixed?

Studio One 3 (always the latest version) | Mac OS X (always the latest version) | UAD Apollo | Endless list of plug-ins and samples

Please vote for the integration of the Elastique Tape Algorithm: http://answers.presonus.com/7607/tape-r%20...%20stretching
by tedannemann on Thu May 31, 2018 8:02 am
2 years went buy and still no fix in Studio One 4. Are you bleep kidding me? Simple and plain MIDI grooves for quantisation. How are you guys dealing with this kind of ignorant software development? I can't be the only one using MIDI grooves in Studio One?

by Robert Johnson III on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:56 am
Still destroying my carefully crafted velocities (freeze does nothing)??? 3 year old bug and still going strong..Bloody

MacMini M2 Pro
Memory: 16 GB
OS X latest version
Apollo X6 Thunderbolt
Studio One Pro latest version

https://open.spotify.com/album/5DQ0uQnTPGAQH4rmaNboE8?si=DH54HeplSO2hVxPFLmUVNQ

13 posts
Page 1 of 1