37 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I have a lot of tracks in my template organized in folders, but after working and saving my project, I'll often open the console or load the song up and see tracks have jumped out of the folders or things are moved around in the console even though they are in the correct order in the arrange page.. The do this randomly and I'm not sure why??

If I send four audio tracks to a bus, and put it to the right of all of those tracks, 5 minutes later the bus will have moved in-between one of the tracks or somewhere random...

Also the height of all of the sends on my template aren't level even though they are all empty tracks and don't have any inserts on them at all???

I've tried to build a template from scratch and save it, but when I reopen I find the send heights are all misaligned..

Anyone else having these issues??
Thanks..
Robin

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by wdkbeats on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 pm
I reported this bug a few times, it's been there since v3.0 came out. No fix so far :(

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by Robdp on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:27 pm
I'm surprised more people aren't letting Presonus know about this or talking about it.. Although it doesn't effect performance so to speak, it's still pretty annoying having to rearrange your Console every 30 mins or so when it decides to mix the order of the tracks up for no reason...

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by wdkbeats on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:16 am
Yeah, there's some code of silence regarding this bug.

You have to check "keep FX/bus/VCA channels to the right" to keep track order correct, but then you can't have any busses/VCA's next to your audio tracks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by garryknight on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:52 am
It doesn't affect everyone, from what I can see. I have my FX buses set to stay at the right but audio and instrument buses and VCA faders to appear wherever I want them.

I highlight, say, my drum channels, add them to a folder, use the drop-down in the folder header to create a new bus and then rename it (and the folder) within the folder header. I get a drum bus which, when I expand it, has the drums to the right. And it's this way consistently with all of my non-FX buses.

So, in a session, I'll have a DRUMS bus, a BASS bus, a PADs bus, and so on, each of them expandable out to the right when I want to access the relevant tracks.

I can drag tracks into or out of a folder and put them wherever I like and it's all consistent with no jumping around. Maybe it's this combined use of folders and buses that keeps them consistent.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by wdkbeats on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:12 pm
Yes, it happens when using templates with folders already created. I made a mixing template with folders, busses and fx channels and experience the "tracks moving by themselves bug" every day.

by frank.crow on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:51 pm
wdkbeats wroteYes, it happens when using templates with folders already created. I made a mixing template with folders, busses and fx channels and experience the "tracks moving by themselves bug" every day.

I didn't start experiencing this until the latest update. I was transferring midi data to a new track to experiment with some different processing. I thought it might have been a corrupted template so I deleted my pre existing templates and created a multi out drum kit from scratch.

On a side note I have everything set to "keep right" and also coordinatate with folders to stay organized but when I open the folders my tracks have spontaneously reorganized and if I try to put them back other tracks sputter all over the place.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by garywilliamson1 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 pm
you can level out the sends hitting ctrl and grabbing one.

S1 Professional 5.1
Digital Performer 10.11
UAD Apollo USB
Custom PC, Ryzen 3800XT, 64G ram
composer page:
http://www.sakredwavesmusic.com
by Robdp on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 am
Good to know I'm not the only one... I too have my template organized with folders, Busses, FXs and VCA's and find it so frustrating when I'm working in big sessions expecting my tracks and console to be a certain way and everything is jumbled around.. Annoying.

The send bug is also a big on for me.. The heights NEVER seem to match up even on identical tracks with no plugins to be seen....

@garywilliamson1 - Not sure if that is a PC thing but not seeing anything happen doing the steps you said?? Tried a few different key strokes too..

Producer/writer
by tombuur on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:02 pm
I have tracks jumping around too ...

It is actually because of this I found this thread looking for an explanation or solution.

Generally I think the whole track mixer system in S1 is a problem to me because the two views don't automatically syncronize like in other DAW's. You also have to set up the a bus in both views where other DAW's just do this automatically too. I can't see all tracks from a drum synth in the track view, only a single one. In the mixer they are all there, but I can't get them into a folder in the mix view. Etc. etc. Just a mess to me.
by frank.crow on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:51 pm
I've spent so many hours trying to find work arounds for all of the new glitches. Instead of making music I'm wasting time just trying to get stuff to work again. I never thought I'd say this but I'm really questioning if Presonus is still the company l once held in such high regard.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by jpettit on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:26 am
robpersaud wroteI have a lot of tracks in my template organized in folders, but after working and saving my project, I'll often open the console or load the song up and see tracks have jumped out of the folders or things are moved around in the console even though they are in the correct order in the arrange page.. The do this randomly and I'm not sure why??

If I send four audio tracks to a bus, and put it to the right of all of those tracks, 5 minutes later the bus will have moved in-between one of the tracks or somewhere random...

Also the height of all of the sends on my template aren't level even though they are all empty tracks and don't have any inserts on them at all???

I've tried to build a template from scratch and save it, but when I reopen I find the send heights are all misaligned..

Anyone else having these issues??
Thanks..
Robin

Robin if you would give some examples of specific steps that result in out of sync tracks and mixer then it can be verified by others and fixed ASAP.
Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Nokatus on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:54 am
jpettit wroteRobin if you would give some examples of specific steps that result in out of sync tracks and mixer then it can be verified by others and fixed ASAP.
Thanks

Robin, while the above ^ might technically be true, note that "as soon as possible" most probably means it will happen in 2018 or later. This is an old issue in Studio One, and I mean the issue of track/channel positioning having a life of its own. This was a pain already in version 2, so at least three years and going.

As I work with large templates, this is (was) a pet peeve of mine, and the disregard Presonus showed pretty much drove me to another product for such work. I reported it multiple times, posted screenshots and described the situations in which it happens. Finally, in an attempt to put some bandaid on it Presonus made it worse by forcing multiple outputs of an instrument always bunched together (see viewtopic.php?f=151&t=9681 , also the addendum posted in last September.)

It's still unreliable for large scale work where one should be able to trust the templates have folders, tracks and mixer channels exactly like they were set to be. Combined with the weird output placing "fix", it stopped even allowing you to set them where you want them to be, in the first place.

This, combined with the persistent lack of track templates and the generally high CPU load, was what stopped me from recommending Studio One to my peers during 2015.

Intel i7-3770K 3.8 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V | 32GB | RME HDSPe AIO | Win 7 Pro 64bit
Live 10 | Reaper 5 | Renoise 3
Presonus Monitor Station | Edirol PCR-500 | Peavey PC1600X
8040A | DT-880 | ATH-M50
by tombuur on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:16 am
I fought with this again yesterday.

If in the mixer I ordered track1-track2-bus, then went to track view and ordered folder-track1-track2. Now going back to the mixer I had track1-bus-track2.

Fixing this back to track-1-track2-bus, now result in track2 jumping out of the folder in the track view. An so it goes. Tracks are jumping all over the place. It is worse than Rubik's cube.

Adding to that the missing track templates and the ugly flat GUI (but beautiful stock plugins), I cannot use S1 at moment. It is a pity because I think S1 otherwise is easy to use and great in the creative stage, including good drag-and-drop presets etc.
by Nokatus on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:26 am
tombuur wroteFixing this back to track-1-track2-bus, now result in track2 jumping out of the folder in the track view. An so it goes. Tracks are jumping all over the place. It is worse than Rubik's cube.

Adding to that the missing track templates and the ugly flat GUI (but beautiful stock plugins), I cannot use S1 at moment.

This sums up my experience almost identically. The only difference is, I actually liked the GUI :D but the hit in functionality just isn't worth it. Now, if I happen to stop by over here and see what's up, I'm just chiming in if I see someone still suffering from these same issues, noting that seeing an actual fix in the near future is doubtful. It's possible, of course, but unlikely.

Again, and I always say this... The best "fix" for this would be completely disabling all the constant automatic positioning of the tracks and mixer channels by default. Just position them once (when created), then let them be exactly where the user drags them from there, end of story. At least then it would be possible to trust it and it would be solid, staying the way the user sets it. As this hasn't been implemented, however (or more specifically, the auto-arranging hasn't been "un-implemented" to be just an optional feature), it kind of seems like the forced positioning has been coupled with some low level functionality in a manner which makes it difficult to fix. Oh well.

Some random history of the track/channel flakiness, from 2013: http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/42061.page

"Moving a mixer channel can even make tracks jump out of arrangement folders and all such nastiness. Also, if you get them where you want them, it's not guaranteed they remain there when you load the project the next time; only after a save-reload trial you know if you really have "stable" colors and track/channel locations in your project or not."

Intel i7-3770K 3.8 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V | 32GB | RME HDSPe AIO | Win 7 Pro 64bit
Live 10 | Reaper 5 | Renoise 3
Presonus Monitor Station | Edirol PCR-500 | Peavey PC1600X
8040A | DT-880 | ATH-M50
by frank.crow on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:04 pm
tombuur wroteI fought with this again yesterday.

If in the mixer I ordered track1-track2-bus, then went to track view and ordered folder-track1-track2. Now going back to the mixer I had track1-bus-track2.

Fixing this back to track-1-track2-bus, now result in track2 jumping out of the folder in the track view. An so it goes. Tracks are jumping all over the place. It is worse than Rubik's cube.

Adding to that the missing track templates and the ugly flat GUI (but beautiful stock plugins), I cannot use S1 at moment. It is a pity because I think S1 otherwise is easy to use and great in the creative stage, including good drag-and-drop presets etc.

I am in the same boat. I spent hours last night just trying to find some type of work around. No matter what I tried how close I thought I was to tricking the system I alway managed to hit the same brick wall. Last week I was feeling really good about my skill level and even finally was brave enough to share a mix. This week I find myself at a virtual standstill. I submitted a ticket to tech support not asking for any help just expressing to them how betrayed I feel. Kind of like a man who spent years in love with his wife only to find out she's been cheating the whole time. Now not only is his heart broken but she left with all of his money too.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by scottmoncrieff on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:48 pm
I bet it's because people are using those damn troublesome iIoks and Ilok software background service programs again. Been using 3.2 for the past 2 and a half weeks everyday and not had any issue like what has been described.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by jpettit on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:21 pm
• robpersaud
• wdkbeats
• frank.crow
• tombuur
• Nokatus

They have changes dozens of things since 2.5 to improve track to channels syncs especially in 3.0 and 3.2 They fixed 12 issues I documented in 2.5 alone in 3.0.

Have you tried many of the new channel types?
-Bus folders channels
-VCA folders channels
-Mult folders channels
or the half dozen mixer to track sync options?

If you still have issues look at my signature.
Thanks

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by tombuur on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:31 pm
Tried again starting with a completely new project. Goes like this:

Make 5 red, 5 green, 5 blue and 5 yellow audio tracks.
In the mixer make a red bus, a green bus, a blue bus and a yellow bus for these.
In track view make a pack folder for each color, and assign them to busses with the same color.
Now close all folders.
Make two new busses in the mixer called grey and black stem.
Change routing from the four colored busses so that two goes to grey and two to black.

Now try moving the grey and black stems so that they end somewhere between the closed colored bus folders in the mixer. Then as you do this, sometimes if you open the folders, a black or grey stem will have split the colored tracks from their corresponding colored bus. Even if this bus is not routed to that stem at all.

I believe that when a bus folder and its contents are opened, everything should stay together and not be split by another bus. Right?

My guess is there is something wrong in the program code about how busses should find their place in the order when you open folders in their vicinity (or perhaps more generally when you move tracks and busses).

I use S1 3.2 and Windows 10.
by scottmoncrieff on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:05 pm
I actually spent 30 to 40 minutes setting this up ^ and testing this out trying my best to break the system to the point of confusion, moving tracks, busses and folders on both the vertcal track and console mixer and really not seeing anything unexpected and end up comming back to point where I started. Turning off of the all the console options, and back on and testing that way also. I'd also point out that there was no point where I couldn't move any tracks or have any glitchyness as seen a few youtube video's.

Windows 7 64.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<

37 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2