50 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
If you think about it, it's not trivial.

I use a lot of external gear - so if I were to adjust with negative track delay for each port - and midi clock is active for that port - it means individual midi clock to each - since each synth have different response time.

If you adjust a track to be played early - midi clock has to follow that amount, or the clock arrives too late and note on will be bad timing.

But if a general compensation according to pdc is enough - not so sure it is - given circumstances above. Midi clock is 24 bytes each quarternote - tricky and might raise cpu quite a bit - if so many individual ports to have it.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by rotoboy on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:24 am
Same problem, I use to work with heavy Kontakt symphonic sound banks. Each of them need it's own negative delay. For a specific project I tried to synchronize my MPC... too painful, I gave up! :|
We need the overall midi clock delay.

Mac Pro 2019 3,2ghz Xeon 16 cores
96Go Ram
10,15,7 Catalina
by bjrnmller on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:57 pm
Hello everyone

I have just updated to 5.1 and tried it out. I was hoping there will finally be an instrument track for external instruments that outputs audio and maybe even the adjustable midi delay. Did I miss something? I really like Studio One, but it's a show stopper if you want to work with hardware synth a lot.

Is it even up for debate on your side? Or is there another solution? It's good that you can now handle the external instruments a little easier, but still...
by Tacman7 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:22 pm
Welcome to the forum:

External instruments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdUtczw4rI&t=4s

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by MisterE on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:52 pm
Better late than never! For six years I kept my vow to stay on 2.6 and never give Presonus another penny until they realized the error of their external instruments ways. Now I'll keep my vow and finally upgrade on Black Friday!

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by robertgray3 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm
MisterE wroteBetter late than never! For six years I kept my vow to stay on 2.6 and never give Presonus another penny until they realized the error of their external instruments ways. Now I'll keep my vow and finally upgrade on Black Friday!

Being on 2.6 for six years sounds really inconvenient. You sure showed them! :D

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by MisterE on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 am
robertgray3 wrote
MisterE wroteBetter late than never! For six years I kept my vow to stay on 2.6 and never give Presonus another penny until they realized the error of their external instruments ways. Now I'll keep my vow and finally upgrade on Black Friday!

Being on 2.6 for six years sounds really inconvenient. You sure showed them! :D

Yeah, it's really held me back, as you can plainly hear here: https://themilkmen.space/vote-them-out-2020

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Lokeyfly on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 am
Any version of any DAW is fine when the end user has what they need in front of them.

Hey E. Hope all is well with you through these illustrious times!

Enjoy the latest version. I'm holding with 4.6 and could have performed the same body of work with 2.6 (which I still have). Be well!

LikeJemusic, Tacman7, and probably some others as I haven't read all posts, I use an external MIDI Patchbay 8x8 only from MOTU. All the Patchbay's I've owned from serial bus, parallel port, USB via PCI have never let me down with external equipment, nor timing. It picks up the MTC and runs with it. No delays. Just sayin'. No MIDI jitter either.

With percussion triggerings which typically reveal delays, I'm able to differentiate to the msec (of course after any loop around AD/DA), what I need that minimum delay to be by adjusting the audio interface buffer. Nothing else.

Typically, external gear with any more than one device will benefit from a MIDI Patchbay. To some this may not apply.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by ericma2 on Mon May 23, 2022 5:16 pm
Call me the RZArector...

So anybody else having issues with their external synth's sequencer not syncing with S1? I'm strictly talking about the sequencer not midi notes being sent to the hardware synths. Both my DB01 and Typhon lags behind when I use their built in sequencer. Like Jenmusic wrote earlier in the thread, the buffer size does not affect S1 sending midi notes out to the synths. I can have the buffer set to 2048 and Dropout protection to Medium and the midi notes sent to the external synths will be in sync with S1. The buffer size somewhat alleviates the latency of the external synth's sequencer (Had mine set to the lowest buffer and minimum drop out protection) but as soon as I put Pro-L2 on the master buss, it's out of sync again. This is only an issue when using the sequencer in an external synth.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by ericma2 on Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 am
I found the solution (for now) by adding negative delay on the return audio track. I'm using DMG Trackcontrol (it's free with registration.. had it for years, super useful tool!) My Typhon's sequencer seems to play in sync with S1.

This video was helpful

https://youtu.be/yowH_B_Kh0E

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3

50 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3