5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tried today .... using Studio One for video Scoring with an MP4 file ... size is 175 MB only .

Put the file in Studio One 3.2 and Video Playback stutters , cannot work to this.
Interestingly the same file into a Pro Tools 11 session played back smoothly !!!

Help !!!!

KS1771
by jpettit on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:26 pm
Need to see your spec in your signature.
See mine for a link.
Did the same video work fine in 3.1?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by ssdigitalsystems on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:14 pm
Just started with 3.2 .... Have not used 3.1 .... On the same system the Video runs super smooth in Pro Tools 11.3.2 ....
by artelect on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:52 pm
Same here. Extrem poor video performance on 3 different, but very good Macs. Video-Stuttering, curser doesn't run smooth, nearly impossible for me to do scoring for video in Studio one. I had to switch to Cubase for that purpose and I really hate Cubase..... Tried different codecs, Mp4, mov....

OSX El Capitan 10.11.4
MacBook Pro Retina 2012 (2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD)
27" iMac Retina 5K (3,2 GHz Quad-Core i5, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
by thomasfeiner on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:29 pm
I'd go as far as saying that currently there is no real video support in 3.2. I'm on Win7 X64. A mere 9 Mb Mp4-video will cause freezes, hang-ups and severe stutters when it plays at all.

The same video file played in Reaper is absolutely supersmooth - no lag.

I was daring enough to try Studio One for a video production anyway, only to discover that some time critical audio cues were timed a bit off due to the approximative playback of Studio One's video. Ended up having to adjust the video instead to get the timing right.

Could we please have someone at Presonus take a look at this? I'm a new user so for me it's interesting to evaluate the responsiveness of this particular support department. If there is no response I shall have to move to some other platform for sound-design and film-music.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1