23 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I just tried doing a serious session with S1 and the overlapping audio/crossfade situation is a complete nightmare. I spent most of my time doing clean up where I normally wouldn't have to in EVERY OTHER DAW. For all of the amazing features S1 has; this just absolutely kills it for me and is the main reason I can't get most of my peers to convert.
by Giuseppetria on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:33 am
Was this fixed?

From Italy
Studio One Pro 5.0.2 64 bit
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core - 32gb ram
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + Minilogue XD
by Baphometrix on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm
Yes, it's been fixed. There's a new Options > Advanced > Editing > "No overlap when editing events" preference you can set if you prefer that moving Audio Events should truncate any events you bump them into.

You can also create a shortcut key to toggle this setting on and off at will. Search the keyboard shortcuts for "Toggle No Overlap". You can also make a macro button and assign it to that same command.

FWIW, the default "yes do indeed overlap two audio events" behavior is great when your goal is to crossfade two clips. Just overlap them as far as you want to the crossfade to span, then press X. By contrast, doing crossfades can be a LOT more tedious with a LOT more steps in other DAWs.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070

23 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2