47 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Downloaded 3.2 today, and updated my previous version - very excited about the addition of VCA faders (the last thing I felt was lacking compared to Cubase 8). Now, various tracks in the arrange window refuse to move to above or below other tracks, or if they are in a folder, they flick very quickly back and forth and switch places by themselves. Or tracks just randomly jump around when I try to move other tracks. It is NOT POSSIBLE to order tracks as per my preference, which was NEVER a problem before. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? This is ridiculous. Did anyone actual test the new version? All of the videos of 'top producers' endorsing Studio One.... did they actually try 3.2? REALLY dissapointed, here... and I have sessions over the weekend in which I will look like an idiot who has no control of the situation because Studio One now has a mind of its own.

Mac Mid 2010 - 2.66 - 12 Core. Mojave. Presonus Studio One 6.5.0.96196 All the usual plugs etc...
by jpettit on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:56 pm
Can you start with your specs in your signature so we know if you are talking mac or WIndows etc? See my signature for a link.

Can you list precise steps to reproduce this behavior?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by garywhite4 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:01 pm
Running Mac os10 yosemite. Opened an existing project which I'm currently working on (so started the project on 3.1). That's about it.. It will not allow me to order tracks in the arrange window.

Mac Mid 2010 - 2.66 - 12 Core. Mojave. Presonus Studio One 6.5.0.96196 All the usual plugs etc...
by jpettit on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:13 pm
Not seeing it.
Can you get the same behavior with a new song and 10 blank tracks?
What are you tracks option settings?
Is it related to folders?
Bus folder?
VCA folders?
Multi Instrument folders?

If you want to prove an issue you have to get someone else the data to reproduce it or it will never be addressed.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by scottmoncrieff on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:16 pm
Using Windows 7 64, with 3.2 update here, straight re-install over the old version, no such issue's.

Try connecting a stardard usb mouse to the Mac instead of the touch sensitive magic mouse thing. I use to use a Mac whilst working in video production and that had the tendancy to react strangly.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by wdkbeats on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:39 pm
The "tracks moving by themselves" bug exists since v3.0. I experience it every day. It's connected to folder tracks and mixer.

Example: create 3 folder tracks, add 10 audio tracks to each one, then add some FX channels and and a couple of busses. Now try to duplicate one of the audio tracks - in the mixer you'll see that the last audio track of the last folder jumped to the right end of the mixer. Same happens when you transform MIDI to audio etc.

Very irritating bug.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by jpettit on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:47 pm
wdkbeats wroteThe "tracks moving by themselves" bug exists since v3.0. I experience it every day. It's connected to folder tracks and mixer.

Example: create 3 folder tracks, add 10 audio tracks to each one, then add some FX channels and and a couple of busses. Now try to duplicate one of the audio tracks - in the mixer you'll see that the last audio track of the last folder jumped to the right end of the mixer. Same happens when you transform MIDI to audio etc.

Very irritating bug.

Example:
1) create 3 folder tracks,
2) add 10 audio tracks to each one,
3) add some FX channels
4) add a couple of busses.
5) duplicate one of the audio tracks - in the mixer
6) you'll see that the last audio track of the last folder jumped to the right end of the mixer.

I do know there is some issues with moving tracks in a folder.
I will try that later today.

by wdkbeats on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:52 pm
OK. I can make a short video so you can see exactly what's heppening. Too bad it's still not sorted out.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by Sturphy on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:35 pm
wdkbeats wroteOK. I can make a short video so you can see exactly what's heppening. Too bad it's still not sorted out.

Agreed, this is a very annoying bug.

12 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 12.7.1 | 64GB Ram | Studio One 6 Pro | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by jpettit on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:36 pm
Still not sure what the OP issue was.

by Lawrence on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:53 pm
I have sessions over the weekend in which I will look like an idiot who has no control of the situation because Studio One now has a mind of its own

Relax a little bit and try to describe the issue in detail, step by step, to recreate whatever you mean. The shouting doesn't really help anyone help you.

Also, try to get out of the habit of using brand new software releases for critical sessions until you test it on your own individual system. No matter how well something runs for someone else doesn't mean it will always be the same on your unique system... so we typically test brand new things and use them for critical work only when we feel comfortable enough to do that.
by sunmachine on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:10 pm
garywhite4 wrote... and I have sessions over the weekend in which I will look like an idiot who has no control of the situation because Studio One now has a mind of its own.

Just download the previous version from your user account and use that again.
You can even have both versions side by side on your Mac.
So yes, relax! ;)

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by jpettit on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:51 pm
jpettit wrote
wdkbeats wroteThe "tracks moving by themselves" bug exists since v3.0. I experience it every day. It's connected to folder tracks and mixer.

Very irritating bug.

Example:
1) create 3 folder tracks, <== empty then add tracks or create folder packed tracks?
2) add 10 audio tracks to each one,
3) add some FX channels
4) add a couple of busses.
5) duplicate one of the audio tracks - in the mixer <= do you mean arranger? as you can not duplicate a track from the Mixer
6) you'll see that the last audio track of the last folder jumped to the right end of the mixer. <== not observing it.

I do know there is some issues with moving tracks in a folder.
I will try that later today.

WIll have to have more specific
I ran this test and the track duplicated correctly without any side effects.

by garywhite4 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:09 am
Here's a video of the problem occuring... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oklq6E-nVpg
I've tried to show that no new features are being implemented to make this happen - just using 3.2 compared to 3.1 - same project etc.
I'm back on 3.1 until I can find a way to solve this. Thanks for comments so far. :P

by wdkbeats on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 am
@jpettit - make sure you have "keep FX/bus/VCA channels to the right" UNCHECKED in the mixer. That's when things start to go crazy :)

by garywhite4 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 am
scottmoncrieff wroteUsing Windows 7 64, with 3.2 update here, straight re-install over the old version, no such issue's.

Try connecting a stardard usb mouse to the Mac instead of the touch sensitive magic mouse thing. I use to use a Mac whilst working in video production and that had the tendancy to react strangly.

Still using a wired mouse here - but thanks for the tip

by garywhite4 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:17 am
wdkbeats wrote@jpettit - make sure you have "keep FX/bus/VCA channels to the right" UNCHECKED in the mixer. That's when things start to go crazy :)

Yep, I tried all those mixer/track linking options unchecked. In the video all of those options are unchecked. Thanks for your input, though.

by wdkbeats on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:19 am
garywhite4 wroteHere's a video of the problem occuring... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oklq6E-nVpg
I've tried to show that no new features are being implemented to make this happen - just using 3.2 compared to 3.1 - same project etc.
I'm back on 3.1 until I can find a way to solve this. Thanks for comments so far. :P

Just watched your video and tried to reproduce this bug but everything works OK here. It might be something specific to this particular session, I had similar problems with a few older sessions.

by wdkbeats on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:47 am
Check this out, The Great "Whodini" :) Right-click - show image to get full size view.

https://imgur.com/L1pdyV6

by garywhite4 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:03 am
OK, so here's what I've found... In the track inspector, if I select 'None' as the channel for an instrument track, then I can move it freely with no problems. One instance of Battery is OK, though, to leave with the correct channel assignments, and the other instance of Battery will not play ball. I have two instances of Kontant in this session, and neither will allow tracks to be moved unless 'None' is selected. Nothing is linking the order of channels to the arrange window, though, that I can see..

47 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3