10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm wondering if anyone else is having an issue copying and pasting in Studio One inside of Melodyne.
Example: I used to be able to copy and paste a verse/chorus easily. Now I can't copy and paste one note.
I'm running the latest version of Studio One 3, and I'm also using the Melodyne 4.
I was experiencing the same problems in Melodyne 3, so it leads me to believe maybe there's some incompatibility between the two.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core 4.30 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Display: 2 Dell 4K Monitors
DAW: Presonus Studio One (Always the Latest Version)
Memory: 64 Gigs of 3200 MHz DIMM RAM
Storage: 2 TB NVME Drive
Interface: Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt 192 KHz, Typical Recording Setup: 48K at 24 Bit, 64 Sample buffer
Midi Devices: Komplete A61, Roland TD 27
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:43 am
ClintCurtis wrote: I'm wondering if anyone else is having an issue copying and pasting in Studio One inside of Melodyne.
Example: I used to be able to copy and paste a verse/chorus easily. Now I can't copy and paste one note.
I'm running the latest version of Studio One 3, and I'm also using the Melodyne 4.
I was experiencing the same problems in Melodyne 3, so it leads me to believe maybe there's some incompatibility between the two.

I'm not running M4 yet, largely to let issues be wrung out, but mentioning I have no copy/paste issues with Melodyne 2 Editor, and S1 v3 Pro, as you had success with in the past.

Possibly, make sure you've deselected the note(s) from Melodyne first before pasting as in clicking the screen off to the side so the notes are no longer red in color. Also, make sure the timeline is where you want it when pasting, because there's an outside chance that it's pasting elsewhere. Hope there's no paste issues. Surprising that you had the same difficulty in M3. So, I take it, it's been a while.

Also, what S1 and M4 type are you using? That may reveal something.

Can you paste inside of Melodyne itself? That's how I largely use Melodyne (editor) now.
That might tell us something.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Clintcurtis on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:59 am
Thanks Lokeyfly. The issue is inside the Melodyne itself. I am running Melodyne Editor. I just did the upgrade to 4, but I was experiencing it before, but not in Studio one V2. In other words, V2 with Melodyne 3 editor worked perfectly.
I do make sure I deselect the note I'm copying before pasting. It seems very strange.
S1 version is 3.1.1 and up to date.
Running on an iMac, 12 Gigs of Ram, Yosemite 10.10.5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core 4.30 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Display: 2 Dell 4K Monitors
DAW: Presonus Studio One (Always the Latest Version)
Memory: 64 Gigs of 3200 MHz DIMM RAM
Storage: 2 TB NVME Drive
Interface: Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt 192 KHz, Typical Recording Setup: 48K at 24 Bit, 64 Sample buffer
Midi Devices: Komplete A61, Roland TD 27
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:13 am
Strange indeed. Yeah, I originally thought you meant within Melodyne itself.
Just covering all the bases with broad copy/paste first. :)

Let's see what others have found. This could be a real issue, but I'm hoping you get it ironed out with someone who is successfully copy and pasting in Melldyne within S1.

Fingers crossed. X

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jackmatthias on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:04 pm
Just wanna bump this as I am also having this problem and it is a really disruptive :D
by briandhughes on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:10 am
I have Studio 4 but this is how it works with copy & paste.

You cannot use the CTR key to copy you must use the contextual menu.
1.First Select the note or notes you want to copy
2.Right click and you will get the menu to copy them notes into the clipboard.
3.Important, deselect the notes you just copied.
4. Right click and choose Paste. Also the playhead curser will move to the start of them notes.
5. Now the new notes are pasted on top the original notes and you can move them to where you want.

Brian

Dell XPS8500 I5 3.1Ghz 64bit 16gb, Windows 10, Zoom R16, Presonus Audiobox Itwo, Faderport, Studio One Pro 4
by 3persons1God on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 pm
briandhughes wroteI have Studio 4 but this is how it works with copy & paste.

You cannot use the CTR key to copy you must use the contextual menu.
1.First Select the note or notes you want to copy
2.Right click and you will get the menu to copy them notes into the clipboard.
3.Important, deselect the notes you just copied.
4. Right click and choose Paste. Also the playhead curser will move to the start of them notes.
5. Now the new notes are pasted on top the original notes and you can move them to where you want.

Brian

Brian, I have Studio one Pro and melodyne 4 and the problem still is there. any ideas? when i paste the copied notes they are deselected and you can't move them as a group.
by Bbd on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 pm
This thread is well over a year old now.
Please post your specs.
What version of S1 are you using and what version of Melodyne 4?
Thanks.

Update: Ctrl C and Ctrl V work just fine in S1 3.5.4 and Melodyne Studio 4.1.1.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Steve Carter on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Same problem here from time to time - one work around is to copy and paste twice because when the first attempt fails, often the secong attempt succeeds - what happened to the first attempt I don't know but would reiterate that deselecting (ensuring that the blob/s are no longer red) usually helps.
Generally I find the copy/paste function in Melodyne/S1 to be hit & miss.

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by billmihalik on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:56 am
I have noticed the same issue, Melodyne 4 studio. Sometimes I have to try and paste 2 or 3 times before it works, and it never pastes at the playhead or the cursor.

PC AudioLabs, Win 10 Pro 64bit, AMD FX-4350 Quad-Core 4.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Studio One Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

10 posts
Page 1 of 1