6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just started using Audiobox itwo with Studio 1. The problem is latency when when playing guitar with the Monitor engaged. If I turn the monitor off I can hear the guitar through the headphone output. I've put the Ampire plugin on the track insert but can only hear the result with the monitor clicked on...then there is a delay between strumming and what I hear. I've gone into Audio Setup and tried setting different internal block sample sizes but the input latency always shows 51.07ms and the output 62.09ms. Process precision shows 32 bit. Sample rate 44.1Khz Bit depth 32.

I'm using a laptop with Windows 8 64 bit Intel i3 2.4Ghz 8Gig Ram.

Until I get this sorted I can't use it....Help Please!
by matthewgorman on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 am
On windows you need to decrease the size of the buffer in the AB driver control app. Reducing the buffer size will reduce the latency, but increase the load on the cpu. It will be a balancing act if the pc is not up to the task. There is a lot going on in the background, so pure pc specs may not be the tell all for performance.

As a way to check the system, you can download latencymon, its a freeware app that you run with the AB hooked up, and it will give you reporting on the pc's ability to handle real time audio processing.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by philipperetourne on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:43 am
Thanks Matt. I've been trying to solve it in Studio 1. Done as you said and works a treat.Thanks again.
by matthewgorman on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:25 am
MAC users can do it inside S1, but PC needs the control panel.

Have fun with it.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by gisellechacon on Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm
matthewgorman wroteOn windows you need to decrease the size of the buffer in the AB driver control app. Reducing the buffer size will reduce the latency, but increase the load on the cpu. It will be a balancing act if the pc is not up to the task. There is a lot going on in the background, so pure pc specs may not be the tell all for performance.

As a way to check the system, you can download latencymon, its a freeware app that you run with the AB hooked up, and it will give you reporting on the pc's ability to handle real time audio processing.

Hi! I just came across this thread, and I follow what you are saying, but I can't figure out how to adjust the buffer size in Windows 10. Any guidance would be most appreciated. My specs are pretty close to the OP, block size 485, input latency 44, output latency 22, with dropout protection at minimum and 32 bit precision.

Thanks!
Giselle
by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:47 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

The settings in S1 should change your interface as far a block size etc.

The line that shows the device block size is a dropdown.

The numbers there reflect the capabilities of your interface. Some interfaces go really low and some don't. The M4 I have can go down the 16, some go down to 2.
I use a block size of 128.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Setup_To ... 257C_____2

Mine doesn't have a dropdown but it has a button for the control panel, I can change the sample rate and block size there in the controls for my interface.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

6 posts
Page 1 of 1