66 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Hi,

The forum moderators alerted me to your situation and the community is working on assisting you.

Please consider the following, if this does not work for you and you are still not getting a solution, then please log a support ticket at http://support.presonus.com or in your my.presonus.com account and a support tech can assist you first thing on Monday.

If you are only getting sound on one output, it sounds like you are recording a MONO signal, ONE INPUT SOURCE, to a stereo track. OR you have a MONO OUTPUT set up in the Audio I/O output section and mapped to the MAIN OUTPUT in StudioOne Audio I/O setup.

So the first thing to check is the Audio I/O input and output.
- Go to Song --> Song Set up in a song and make sure you have MONO tracks routed to the input L and Input R in the INPUT tab. This is done by placing a blue "M" in the matrix routing box that lines up with the inputs horizontally and the track added on the left vertically so they match the input source to the track you created or ADDED in Audio I/O.

Now make sure the OUTPUT tab is set as a Stereo OUTPUT for the MAIN OUTPUT. This will ensure that both left and right output channels are used.

Then in the Arrangement view, where your song file is and the track names are listed, set the Channel Mode to MONO and set the input source to the appropriate input that the signal is coming from, Left or Right.

You can also choose a template in StudioOne, when creating a New Song, choose the AudioBox template and it will set up the I/O properly, create two tracks and assign the input sources to MONO tracks and arm them to record.

Regards.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:29 am
and to be honest I'm not totally sure what a core audio driver is, might sound extremely stupid, but i don't know. i haven't gone and installed anything though.
by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 am
sorry didn't see your reply till just now, i was trying stuff, ok i will try that, thanks for all your help! ill let you know how this works
by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:37 am
still no luck, thanks for your help though! i will fill out a forum ticket. thank you!
by codamedia on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:17 am
paytonreed wrote....when i pan i still hear sound out of both of my krk's. my main output (outputs 1 and 2) is set to stereo. the meter on the main output is recognizing the pan though, when panned hard right only the right meter rises.

In the quote above, you say your Studio One Main output is recognizing the pan... that the meters adjust left/right accordingly. That indicates to me that as long as the main output is set to stereo, AND there is no plug in inserted the problem is NOT Studio One. It appears to be behaving correctly.

Unless I missed it - nobody has asked about your connections beyond the Audio Box... I've come to learn that you should never assume anything ;) It never hurts to double check.

Is it safe for me to assume that your KRK's are active speakers... Are they connected directly to the main outputs - or do you go through some sort of mixer or speaker selector first? If it's the latter - connect the KRK's directly to the Audio Box and try again. Have you triple checked to make sure you have not "jumped' your KRK's to each other. Each one must be connected to it's own (left or right) output. (I know this is really basic, but it still needs checking)

You also mention the same thing happens in the headphones. Can you confirm that your phones are plugged into the Audio Box Headphone Output - and not a 3rd party headphone amp?

Good luck with this problem... sounds like an odd one.

sunmachine wroteYou could also try it with the built-in output of the MacBook to rule out an issue with the AudioBox.

Don't forget to try that as well... it's a great suggestion.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by johnnygeib2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:02 pm
Is there a number I can call you at? I've seen this before.

by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:41 pm
i have everything plugged into my audio box correctly,
Last edited by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by sunmachine on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:33 pm
Better remove your phone number from your post and send themuzic a private message instead!

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:37 pm
sunmachine k i removed it
by johnnygeib2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:57 pm

by johnnygeib2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:48 pm
Well, I discovered he has a very old version of Studio One 2. It was the very first release so if I remember right, this may be a bug. He will have to get with Presonus to get his account login fixes because we couldn't log in to get the update. One he's updated I think the issue will solve itself. But, we will see.

by Kiwicomposer on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:48 am
Good catch Johnny.
Another good reason to put full specs in the request or signature.. Would potentially help catch this stuff..

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by tonytmusic on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:29 am
Did this ever get resolved? I had a similar issue with my Firestudio Project. I went into Universal Control and in the mixer section and fixed it there. I panned output 1 left and output 2 right. Is there anything like this for the audio box?

ASUS ROG G752 w Thunderbolt 3
Studio One Pro 3.2 & iPad remote
Firestudio Project (2)
iTwo
Eris E5s & Samson Resolv 120A
Samson s-phone headphone amp
-modular set up-
by jarkkonieminen on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:29 pm
I have the exact same issue. When I pan I can hear a difference in the sound but instead of sounding left or right the sound sits more in the background and in both speakers, also the same in headphones. How did you solve this issue? Would appreciate any kind of help.
by charles bowen on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:59 pm
I am a new user and having similar issues.

Using Audio Box44VSL on Windows 7 machine. I have what looks to be mono tracks. Song Input and output settings look okay.

Sound output decreases as I pan left and is silent when panned to far left. Level on the "Main" shows sound on left side. When I select mono on the "Main" sound comes from both sides. I don't think this is a Song specific issue as the same thing occurs with demo song (Louretta-Like The Rain).

Also having problems getting sound in Studio One at startup. Not sure if Windows is fighting with AudioBox or what. Usually I wait and sound eventually shows up, or I reboot OS. Kind of a pain though.
by jgchouinard on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:38 pm
jarkkonieminen wroteI have the exact same issue. When I pan I can hear a difference in the sound but instead of sounding left or right the sound sits more in the background and in both speakers, also the same in headphones. How did you solve this issue? Would appreciate any kind of help.

I've been having this issue as well, right out of the box with my Firestudio Mobile. Thankfully, I was able to fix it. Here's what worked for me:

Pull up the mixer for your device in the Universal Control panel (if you're on the basic settings page with your sample rate, bit depth, etc., just hit Ctrl-T). Look for the channels that are playing your DAW output (it was Channels 11 & 12 on mine, should say "DAW" at the bottom). Once you find them, pan the first one hard left and the other one hard right. Assuming all your settings in Studio One are the way they should be (as suggested by the helpful folks above), this should fix it! You can now go back into Studio One and pan your tracks however you see fit.

Happy recording!

<o> <o> <o>
"So good to see you once again, I thought that you were hiding from me. You thought that I had run away chasing the tail of dogma...

I opened my eye and there we were."
by jonny.klaiber on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:19 pm
I am having this same problem, and it just recently began happening. I never had any issues up until a couple weeks ago. The only thing is, for me, the panning doesn't work in ANY DAW that I open. Protools, Ableton, Garageband, etc. I adjust the pan in any of these, and it recognizes that there is panning occurring (the meters display that audio should only be coming through the left or right channel) but it still comes out of both monitors. When I pan left it gets slightly quieter and when I pan right it gets slightly quieter as well. I am currently using a Mac v. 10.9.5 with an Audiobox USB with KRKs plugged into the audiobox using 1/4" cables.
by thejackal on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:30 am
Go to your Audiobox setup and check this: are your output channel DAW1 and DAW2 panned in the middle? They should be panned all the way to the left and to the right respectively.
I used to have this problem and solved it this way.

WRONG

RIGHT
by eJammer on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:06 pm
2 years past. So you have already got an answer for this problem.

I also have experienced the same one just yesterday after I checked "Universal Control" for headphone outputs.

Try this

1)Go to Application > Universal Control
2)Turn OFF Main Output(Daw1-2)
Then you can hear STEREO

or

2')Turn ON Main Output(Daw1-2)
3)Change the pan of track 11 to Left(or Right) and Track 12 to Right (or Left)
Then you can hear STEREO

Good luck!

*Computer
iMac ME087J/A(Late2013)
CPU : 2.9GHz Intel Core i5 Quad Core
Memory : 512GB(SSD)
RAM : 16GB, 1,600MHz DDR3
*DAW
S1 Professional V3
*Audio I/F
Presonus FIRESTUDIO mobile
by markstewart3 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 am
Just in-case someone else is experiencing the same issues:

I am using an Antelope Zen Tour AI going into Studio One 3 Pro. What I discovered is that I needed to pan my line-out's to Left and Right. The panning was centered on my line-out's which prevents Studio One 3 from panning left or right. By panning Left all the way left, and Right all the way right I was able to get accurate panning in Studio One 3.

This will have to be done on the audio interface GUI that you own.

Hope this helps!

66 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4