66 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
no, and no
by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 pm
playing iTunes comes out like when hard pans happen like in the lead vocal, you only hear half of it. to be honest I'm not quite sure what this means in terms of mono or stereo
by mwright137 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:27 pm
So when you pan iTunes, you only hear the side you're panning to? That's the way it's supposed to work.

This also happens when you pan a mono lead vocal? That is the proper way pan works.

So which part is it that's not working? Can you export a mix down and upload it?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Kiwicomposer on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:28 pm
OK Maybe try this.
Open a New Song..
When you hit new song go to the Interface templates and choose one of the AudioBox USB Templates.
Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 4.25.31 pm.png

Create the doing file
Now recording some audio to a track..
Anything will do say some spoken words or a guitar or whatever

Now see if that will pan!

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by mwright137 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 pm
I'll leave it with you, Steve. It's late here.

Payton - you're in good hands...

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

My Website
by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 pm
alright, thank you so much for your time
by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 pm
i don't have an option for audio box usb stereo just audio box usb,
by Kiwicomposer on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:48 pm
Try that..
I have both on mine.. Not sure how or why .. It is just there.

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x

by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:01 pm
nope same problem
by Kiwicomposer on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Ok set the Stereo/Mono switch to stereo. if it is not set that way already (The toggle that toggles a zero or a sideways 8)
Does that pan?

If that doesn't work then try this..

Make sure that toggle is set to stereo.
Select the audio on the track
Hit Ctrl B or (Or CMD B on a Mac)
It will bounce and should change the wave form that you see into a stereo one ala two lines of the same thing

Then try panning..

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 pm
same thing, i can't get any type of track to pan mono or stereo.
by Kiwicomposer on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:22 pm
Hmm
I am gonna have to think about this one.. Something is not right.
Just cant think what...

Using the S1 Audiobox template should set everything up correctly so there must be something else gong on.

Give me some time..

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:26 pm
alright, thanks for all your help let me know if you think of anything. I can't even begin to think what could be doing this haha. It obviously has to be something i must have wrong with my output because I'm seeing the right level when panned right?
by sunmachine on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 pm
I didn't read carefully through the entire thread, so maybe you have already checked this.
In your first screenshot (download/file.php?id=394&mode=view) you have the very same audio signal panned hard left and hard right (tracks v2 and v3). When mixed together you won't hear any panning because that's how stereo works (there is no speaker in the middle, so when you play the same signal left and right with the same volume it will appear to be in the middle).
So, what happens when you only solo the hard lefted panned track? Do you hear it in the left speaker?

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:31 pm
ya when i solo it, i still hear it from both speakers
by paytonreed on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:33 pm
i have the same tracks panned hard left and right just for testing this.
by sunmachine on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 pm
What happens when you use two different mono tracks panned hard left/hard right? Say a vocal track and a keyboard or something. Also get rid of any inserted plug-ins.

You could also try it with the built-in output of the MacBook to rule out an issue with the AudioBox.

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:00 am
Still the same thing, and same thing with just the macbook.
by mwright137 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 am
Did you install a driver or are you using CoreAudio drivers?

My Website
by paytonreed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:04 am
i did not install any drivers

66 postsPage 2 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4