66 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Had the same problem and SOLVED it after hours of frustration

1. Open Universal Control app
2. Look on RHS in the OUTPUT section for three toggle buttons; main, phones and spdif
3. Make sure that all these buttons are off and Toggle as necessary (on is blue/off is grey)

You should then see that the output changes from "mixer" to 1&2 for main, 3&4 for phones and 5&6 for spdif.

Stereo to phones should be resumed.

I have never used Universal Control in the 5 yrs Ive had S1 but I recently opened it to see what it did and i messed about with the output toggle buttons without realizing their impact inside s1.

Next thing i knew when i opened a new session up a few days later and my phones were mono. Spent ages checking routings etc all to no avail so i feel everyone's pain on this one.

Hope this helps some of the peeps here

p.s I have firestudio mobile interface - actual channels etc may differ with different interfaces but i reckon the generic process should be the same
by williammeyer1 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 am
I just switched to the Quantum from a Duet. I was about to do a test and control to solve this problem as I just started experiencing this as I got into some mixing.

To fix this issue for me, which basically pan was making the volume lower only, I kinda really wiggled the headphone jack for a bit. Unplugged and reinserted the headphone plug a few times and finally the track I was playing finally panned.

So yeah, just try and make sure your phones are fully plugged in. Or you'll get sound in both ears.

Best,
by tompalmer4 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:33 pm
I was having this exact same issue as well. Nothing worked after reading through and trying all solutions in this forum then after reading the post above regarding the headphone jack, I had in immense face palm moment. I have a pair of Avantone headphones on them that have a switch that makes every mono signal a stereo signal. Turns out my switch got flipped to that setting. Silly mistake on my part that took way too long to discover but I want to post this in case anyone else has these headphones and just forgets about this feature like I had. Happy recording all!
by matthewwoodroffe on Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:15 am
I am having the exact same problem. It works on my headphones but my monitors are not having it
I have the same problem. I don't hear left pan right in studio one. I need to work the presennus should adjust this. I see you use MEC. I use windows 10 PC and am facing the same problem.
by renatocorreia on Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:42 am
OK, I know this is an old article, for me is my first time participating. I'm running S1 on Windows 11 through Studio 192 Mobile with DT 990. After experiencing the same thing, I've been reading and messing with UC the whole morning until it popped into my head that I had this same issue many years ago with my Focusrite Saffire 56.

I just had to change the headphone connector and VOILA.

Hope it helps.

66 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4