86 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Hi Trucky,
My laptop has only two USB-C ports, one of which is used to connect to the dock. I tried plugging directly into a USB port on the dock but the result was the same: nothing. I also tried using the Korg KONTROL Editor and it couldn't communicate with the nanoKontrol2 either. It reported the nanoKontrol2 as "not connected". Wondering how to verify that the NK2 is even functioning properly. I guess I can try plugging it into my old Dell laptop and see if the Korg editor recognizes it.

Studio One 5 v5.3.0, 64-bit
Notion v6.8.2, 64-bit
Window Home v10.0, 64-bit
by Trucky on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm
robertiodice wrote
Trucky wroteNo need to download them as I gave them to PreSonus so they now include those fixes with the Studio One device files for the KORG nanoKONTROL 2..

Thanks for confirming that Trucky!

Back to my nanoKontrol2 problem. I note in the Options > External Devices > Edit Device window for nK2 that my "Receive From" and "Send To" options are very limited and don't include the options that you show in your instructions, i.e. [Receive from] nanoKONTROL2 1 SLIDER/KNOB] & [Send To] nanoKONTROL2 1 CTRL. Specifically, my choices for "Receive From" are (none), (Mobile Keys 49) and (Studio 68 MIDI in). Mobile Keys 49 is my keyboard controller and Studio 68 is my interface. Likewise, my choices for "Send To" are (none), (Mobile Keys 49) and (Studio 68 MIDI out). Does this tell us anything about what may or may not be happening?

FWIW, I am now on Studio One 5.4.0

This is what it should like:

So if you're not seeing those listed in the "Receive From" and "Send To" dropdown list you're probably missing the nanoKONTROL2 USB-MIDI driver for Windows 10. Here's where you can download it from the KORG website:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/0/159/3541/

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by robertiodice on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 am
Hi Trucky, again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

I had already downloaded the USB-MIDI driver but I did it again anyway just to be sure. Same result: nothing. Then I checked with the internet and found this very helpful video from Ian Dixon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SLcnbqwaI

Also found this generally informative video from Tim Shoebridge re Korg drivers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVy2aqQm3U8

Turns out that the Korg MIDI driver has to be in one of the first 10 slots because of a Windows 10 update that occurred in May 2019. My driver was in slot 14. The solution requires the use of RegEdit which I did and now it all works as expected. (I moved my Korg USB-MIDI driver to slot 2). After this fix, I was able to move the nK2 from the dock back to the 4-port hub with no problem.

Hopefully, these two videos may be able to help others who may be experiencing a similar problem with one of their Korg keyboards/controllers on a Windows machine.

Studio One 5 v5.3.0, 64-bit
Notion v6.8.2, 64-bit
Window Home v10.0, 64-bit
by Trucky on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:28 pm
Yes, that's an issue with Korg's driver where it only works in the first 10 slots.
Glad to hear it's working now!

Here's a tool that I highly recommend called "USBDeview " for analyzing and fixing USB issues like you experienced:

Website link:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Download link:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview-x64.zip

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by ivorycj on Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:22 am
I'm fairly familiar with Studio One, I was a PreSonus rep from 2005 - 2016 and love using their products. I'm on the latest version (5.4.1.66992 and just downloaded the nanoKONTROL config software from KORG, which I'm not sure I'll need due to Control Link.

I've been able to use Control Link to map all the volume faders to virtual instrument tracks (mixer faders), the knobs above them to pan and all the transport & track LR selection. The REC, MUTE and SOLO buttons are giving me issues...I can't seem to find the correct command in the Control Link search to simply Select the track associated with the channel strip on the NKS. Simply, when I hit the 'Select' button above Fader #1, I'd like it to select that track in Studio One so I can REC arm, MUTE, SOLO, etc. for live keyboard performance. Make sense?

Thanks in advance for your help!

CJ

ivorycj :shock:

Apple OS 12.5.1 (Monterey), Studio One Pro v.6.5.1.96553
Apple M1Max with 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Mackie DL32R (studio) | PreSonus Studio 192 (live rig)
by wendyredgen on Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:56 am
This worked!! Thank you so much!! Saved me hours of messing around trying to figure it out.

taylorscott2 wroteFor anyone in 2021 looking how to make your Korg Nanokontrol2 work as a CC midi device (for using faders for expression/dynamics/etc) this is what you do:

-Start the controller in CC mode: Unplug the device, press and hold down the SET MARKER and CYCLE buttons, plug it back in while holding them down.
-Open the Korg Kontrol Editor software you can download and assign the faders whatever CC numbers you want (CC1, CC11, etc), Click the "Communication" menu item on top, click "Write to Scene"
-Open Studio One, go to options, external devices, Add new Keyboard (don't add the device via the premade Korg menu - just click 'add new keyboard'
-Name it what you want, then on the "Receive From" dropdown menu, select your Korg Nanokontrol2
-Click "OK"

-Open as VST like Kontakt, open your favorite library
-On the Studio One track header (where your mute/solo/volume buttons are on the track), make sure your "Input" is selected on "ALL INPUTS"

Enjoy your new faders!

86 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5