15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm working on a mix and I have some audiobend markers in an audio track and all of a sudden at the end of the track, the last 15 seconds go silent, right after the last bend marker. Fader is up, region isn't muted, no hidden mute automation, waveform is clearly there.

So I remove that last bend marker, and the audio comes back. But then, when I go to playback again, more of the track is muted now. I remove more bend markers, the audio comes back, but it keeps muting further up the track. I adjust the end fade, and it magically all comes back. I put the bend markers back in, same problem from the end as before.

I used Undo History to go way back and come back to where I was slowly, and it all came back, and then suddenly started happening again. I close the song and reopen, and the audio is still muted.

This has happened to me on mixes in the past, on Version 2.x and I always just worked around it. Appears related to having audio bend markers in the track.

Thoughts?

6 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 10.12.6 | 16GB Ram | Studio One 3 Pro | Pro Tools 10 | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by bstin on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:18 am
I've also had weirdness with bend markers occasionally. Sometimes audio drop outs and other times mangling the time in a way that the bend marker isn't representing (eg. audio playing different than what waveform suggest).

In almost all cases Bounce In Place has been the solution.

So, if I were you I would cut your track using scissors tool somewhere before last 15 seconds and bounce-in-place that "correct region".

Then you can focus on just the last 15 seconds and experiment with removing bend markers / bouncing in place until the markers become "uncorrupted".
by Sturphy on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:27 am
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

6 core Mac Pro 2013 OS 10.12.6 | 16GB Ram | Studio One 3 Pro | Pro Tools 10 | Orion Studio 2017 | Dangerous 2Bus+ | TK Audio BC1-S | Too many plugins...
by matthewgorman on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:58 am
You may also want to try clearing the cache. You can do that by opening the performance monitor

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by Sturphy on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 am
Thanks, also a good idea. I did some significant timestretching in the project, I could see that being an issue.

The track having the issue was timestretched before using audio bend... I wonder if that's a factor?

by Sturphy on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:13 pm
Well... neither of those fine suggestions worked. I ultimately had to play with the bend markers, add a couple new ones, cut the regions to bits, move them between tracks, and finally got the very last piece to work and then bounced the whole section. What a PITA! Clearly an audio bend issue.

by pellefridell on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:17 pm
Hi!!
i got the audio back working by manally deleting cachefiles in the cachefolder (first movning them)

Best regards,
Pelle

MBP Retina 16Gb ram
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
S1 V3, PTHD, Logic, Ableton
RME Babyface, RME Fireface, Studio 192
by Sturphy on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:35 am
pellefridell wroteHi!!
i got the audio back working by manally deleting cachefiles in the cachefolder (first movning them)

Best regards,
Pelle

Thanks Pelle, could you expand on that? Is that cachefiles folder located in the song folder for that song? What do you mean by first moving them?

by Steve Carter on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:35 pm
Had these audio drop-outs on a regular basis so I've been keeping an eye on this topic. Anyway, happened yet again this evening!
Had a keyboard track that needed tightening up timing wise - so split the track into sections (to make it more manageable) and applied an audio bend analysis and quantised to 90% on the first section, bounced it - all OK. But... after this the following section had changed to a black background and no sound on play!!!
Fortunately the solution was fairly painless, I bounced the second section and it returned to its usual colour and played normally and I was then able to perform the audio bend operation on it as previous.
Begs the question as to why this should occur - I've just put it down to one of quite a few foibles I've found in S1 that I've learnt to live with but would be nice if it didn't happen in the first place...we can all dream.
Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One Pro, Melodyne Editor 4, Vocalign Project, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope N2-O8 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Sturphy on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:20 am
Never mind Pelle.. found it.

Yes.. it's been a thing I've lived with in S1 as well. Perhaps it's time to kick this one up a notch, if others are having the same issue.

by pellefridell on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Hi Sturphy!
Sorry, I just saw your post.
As you found out, they are located in the session folder.
I have had several problems with sudden dropouts, so I delete the cache files once in a while and let S1 recreate them.
Best, pelle

MBP Retina 16Gb ram
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
S1 V3, PTHD, Logic, Ableton
RME Babyface, RME Fireface, Studio 192
by Black_Haus on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:32 am
Has anyone found a definite fix for this issue? I've found 3 or 4 threads on this same problem. I've been having the same problems myself and would like to know the best way to remedy it.

Dell XPS 8930 - Win10 64-Bit i7 8700K 32GB RAM 512 SSD 2TB HD S1 2 Pro, S1 3 Pro & S1 4 Pro
HP Omen - Win 10 64-Bit i7 7700HQ 12GB RAM 1TB HD S1 4 Pro
Firestudio Project x 2, StudioLive 16.4.2, Audiobox 44VSL Yamaha HS8 & HS10
Roli Seaboard Block & Lightpad, Nektar Impact LX49+, Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Avatar, ADA, SWR

https://www.zeroempire.net
http://constantcollision.com
by bstin on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm
There are similar threads over at Auria / Cubase / and Reaper on this same issue. All of which use "Elastique" time stretching algo.

Can't say where the fault lies, but its certainly strange that they all share this common thing.

One thing I've personally found is that this issue is most likely to occur when you have event (region) that is cut, with neighboring event somewhat close to it. Then if you time stretch a transient at end of Event 1 - it can then lead to silence / mute issues in Event 2.

As a protection, I've found that if I "block out my events" - that is put bend markers at the start and end of events, then it prevents these issues. Its as if moving a transient at the end of one event causes the events in other event to be secretly "pushed or pulled".

Therefore, for my workflow I always drop in bend markers (that don't move) at start and end of regions that I'm adjust which prevents these hidden movements from occurring in neighboring events / regions.
by Black_Haus on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:03 pm
Sounds simple enough and makes sense.I'll give it a try.

Thank you for the tip

Dell XPS 8930 - Win10 64-Bit i7 8700K 32GB RAM 512 SSD 2TB HD S1 2 Pro, S1 3 Pro & S1 4 Pro
Roli Seaboard Block & Lightpad, Nektar Impact LX49+, Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Avatar, ADA, SWR

by Black_Haus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:48 pm
When you guys delete Cache files do you delete everything? I see in the Performance Monitor "show cache folder" is this where I would delete files? Or is better to go through: My Documents>Studio One>Songs>Cache>Audio ?

15 posts
Page 1 of 1