8 posts
Page 1 of 1
delete
Last edited by fidelityny on Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
by fidelityny on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:07 am
delete
Last edited by fidelityny on Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Sing4LTS on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:29 am
I'm in the same boat as you. I can not get the other 3 scenes to function. I can manually map them, but then that defeats the purpose. I have opened up the XML file for the nanoKontrol, but I have no idea how to go about editing it.
by Sing4LTS on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:06 am
Figured it out. I'll post up the template when I complete it. It's going to take some time.
I currently have 27 Faders and Knobs assigned (3 banks of 9)...the master fader is assigned to bank 3 channel 9. I'm working on adding the the mutes and solos now. I'll try to get bank 4 set up as well, however I think we are limited to 128midi cc messages. I may end up having to give up some CC's from either the mute or solo buttons in order to program, the last bank of knobs and faders. I'll post back when I get it all dialed in.
by Sing4LTS on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:00 pm
Zip is attached. All four layers are opperating as expected. I had to remove the ability to mute. This template will give full functionality of Pan, Solo, and Faders. You will need to utilize the KORG KONTROL edititor (attached in zip) to load the custom scenes to the nanoKONTROL. The "read me" will walk you through it.
by Sing4LTS on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:22 pm
by SteveBar on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:23 pm
Great thread... Funny that I was doing the same exact task, that is, creating my own nanoKontrol mapping, oy!. Downloading yours now. Thanks for saving us the hassle!!!

Did you happen to map the 6 transport buttons the same as the Kong mapping. I couldn't figure out which events to trigger, too many options! :-)
Thanks
Steve

SO2 Pro DAW, Arturia V Collection
i7 6700, 16G DDR3
Iris Graphics - 40" 4k Monitor via DP (I love it)
80G SSD 3G/s, 2T HD
USB 3.0, AudioBox 1818VSL
by SteveBar on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm
I followed the steps and all is work as you described. Awesome!
I looked at the XML and could not figure out how to modify it. I wonder if you could make a version that maps the physical fader 9 in all 4 scenes to the master volume. I know that this would reduce the number of tracks to 32 + master (wasting 3 tracks), but I'd like to control the master from the same physical fader for all scenes. Thoughts?
Thanks
Steve

SO2 Pro DAW, Arturia V Collection
i7 6700, 16G DDR3
Iris Graphics - 40" 4k Monitor via DP (I love it)
80G SSD 3G/s, 2T HD
USB 3.0, AudioBox 1818VSL

8 posts
Page 1 of 1