12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Been trying to organize my FX chains and rename them to get them a lot more organized and delete unused ones but I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete an FX chain, I dont see anything in my studio one folder, there is presets, and fx chains but it only shows the ones I've made and not the ones I've downloaded of the exchange.

Please help! Thanks!
Last edited by Olley Ollet on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Studio One 6.5 (latest version)
• OS X version: 13.0
• Computer: Macbook Pro M2 Max 96GB
by oldblood on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:47 am
My user FX chains are in: /users/documents/studio one/presets/FX chains but I am on PC and I think you are a Mac user.

Clive

i5 @4.4Ghz, 16 GB Ram, GTX 550TI graphics OS:Win7 64
Focusrite Sappire Pro 24DSP,Nektar Impact LX88,
KRK Rokit 6, Cakewalk MA-150.
DAW S1 V3 Professional
Synths: Reason,
Plugs: Waves, Slate,Soundtoys, Eventide, Lexicon, Melda and various.
by frank.crow on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:14 pm
Olley Ollet wroteHello,

Been trying to organize my FX chains and rename them to get them a lot more organized and delete unused ones but I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete an FX chain, I dont see anything in my studio one folder, there is presets, and fx chains but it only shows the ones I've made and not the ones I've downloaded of the exchange.

Please help! Thanks!

I've simply brought the FX chains list up in the browser view and right click delete. My fear/question is how do I bring back any defaults I might've deleted accidentally while I was trying to clean out my updated FX chains.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by -Luis- on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:38 pm
Olley Ollet wroteHello,

Please help! Thanks!

The easiest way to find the location is by right clicking on the FX chain you want to delete and select show in Finder.
by Olley Ollet on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:33 pm
yeah i don't know whats going on, but it won't let me right click an fx chain, nothing happens...

i can right click a preset in a synth or plugin and delete it but when I right click an fx chain nothing..

EDIT: Again, the only ones I see in my file directory is 6 lead chains i made myself... theres about 15 in the uncategorized list in fx chains and about 50 in the subfolders so where are they...

Double EDIT: Even after quitting and reopening the app I only see my presets in the hard drive...

im so confused... lol.. how are they no where on my hard drive but they load... and now I deleted some of my user presets, but when I click the FX chain, they still are visible, but they no longer load when you click them (as they shouldn't, i deleted them) but they still appear in the list.. again after quitting and re opening the app.

by Lawrence on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:35 pm
Some presets may be in Soundsets and can't be individually deleted. Not sure if that's what you're looking at or not but you'd have to do "Show in Explorer/Finder" to find out,
by Olley Ollet on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 pm
when i right click any of these random things at the bottom i downloaded of the exchange (not something that came with the sound sets) i dont get a show in finder, nothing happens...

for instance, i made the test test patch... deleted it in the finder... and its still there after closing and reopening studio one... but upon clicking the test test patch... nothing happens.. because its been deleted... it is just taking up space for something that doesn't exist!!!!

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 4.39.50 PM.png

by -Luis- on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:21 pm
Right click anywhere on that window and click refresh anything that you deleted will disappear after you click refresh.

As to why when you right click nothing happens, is hard to tell, here all my presets are stored in Documents>Studio One>Presets>PreSonus.

Default presets are stored inside the Contents folder>Presets>PreSonus.

Every preset that I've made, if I delete them from that location, or directly from the effects window inside Studio One they disappear as soon as I click refresh.
by Olley Ollet on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:34 pm
well i have no refresh button and again nothing happens when i right click.

There is nothing in my presets folder besides the 1 preset i havent deleted on purpose, yet the list of

analog flange-delay, marshal 1980A, multi tab filter delay, percition, vocal verb, default, and test test, and testsstst are still in the list... again not to mention the ones in the folders..

well i have my specs in my signature again.. dont know who deleted them tho it wasn't me!

by -Luis- on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:44 pm
Olley, you have to right click in the Effects tab in the Browse window,that's why the right clicking is not working.
by Olley Ollet on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:16 pm
the face palm is real over here i am such an idiot lawl

thank you so much musician2373 and others for helping me through this!

I am up and running and attempting to recreate the patches i deleted for no reason cause I'm an idiot lol!

thanks everyone!

by bennbenn1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:30 pm
Hi every one, I'm new to this, however I had this same problem about deleting unused FX Chain
I seen lots of answer, but none was helping to much, I finally realize how is done
So I will explain slowly, for people like myself.
1) Go to the browser Tab, It is to the bottom right side of your screen (Monitor) where it have your EDIT and MIX tab, If not open, Click on BROWSER, once its open
2) Look to the very top of your open browser box, you will see where it say, START - SONG and PROJECT, Below that is the little house Icon (Home) Next to it, you will see where it say INSTRUMENT and fallow by EFFECTS
3) Click on the one that say EFFECTS
4) You will see FX CHAINS, bellow you will see, all the FX Chain folders
5) Depending on where you saved your Custom FX Chain
6) Go to that folder and Click on it. you will see the FX
7) When you find the FX you want to delete
8) Right click on it, in the Drop down box click Delete.
9) IF you don't see Delete, Click on "Show in Explorer"
10) another Box will open and you will see the list in explorer, and delete the once you no longer want.

To finalize, once you finish deleting the once you do not want or need any more.
Right click on any FX and click REFRESH.
NOTE: Do not click Refresh till you finish removing ALL the once you don't want
If you do, IT WILL RESCAN and the process will take longer.

NOTE: : Be shore of the folders, files or FX's your deleting, are the once you made and want to delete
If you delete an unwanted folder, You may not be able to bring it back.

Thanks and I hope it help some one

12 posts
Page 1 of 1