7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using Studio One Pro 3.0.2.34331 on a windows i7-5810K - 3.3 Ghz with 16Gb of rams running in 64 bit mode.

I use an RM16 for sound and have two different sound devices connected through USB.
One is a Roland TD30 and a Yamaha Motif XF7.

I have setup two different devices for the TD30 and two different devices setup for the Motif.
One keyboard device for midi in and one instrument device for midi out.

When recording everything works fine. Playing also works fine, except when using the stop button and then again the external devices doesn't sound. Reconnecting these devices helps, but after one press on stop I need to reconnect again to get sound.

With vst's no problem. They work.

I've tried switched midi ports from emuled to direct, but that doesn't help. The midi monitor represent the notes that needs to be played, so it's really strange that it's not send to the extrenal devices.

Can anyone shed some light on this strange behaviour ?

Greetings

Peter
by Jemusic on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:58 am
Try connecting the two external devices via midi and not USB. I have never been a fan of hardware synths connecting via USB. Sometimes it is more trouble than its worth. There is nothing to be gained from it. No increase in performance etc..

What else is running on the USB port. Have you got a midi interface you can try.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by matthewgorman on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:06 am
Double check that your usb hubs are not in a powersave or similar setting. I don't think that would be causing what you see, but is an easy check to rule out.

Also, in advanced properties for your pc, make sure priority is give to background services. Those 2 items may be related.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by blackally on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 am
I must have a midi interface somewhere. I think it's a motu 8 port.

I need to search for it. When I found it I will reply back... Thanks guys..
by wadewaldock on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:52 pm
I am having this same symptom as Peter, using Studio One 3.5.6 Win x64 all connections are using MIDI cables.

After setting up the External Device, everything works perfectly, and MIDI notes are sent to the device and the notes are heard. Once STOP is pressed and the song pointer is positioned to the Start or any other marker, the MIDI notes will not be sent to the External Device upon pressing Play.

The MIDI performance window shows the notes that are supposed to be sent out, however the MIDI data itself is buffered in the software. Once 'Reconnect' is chosen from the External Devices window, the MIDI notes stuck in the buffer are flushed to the external device all at once (you can hear it), and the playback will work once more, but only once and then the problem begins again.

If STOP is pressed and Play is pressed immediately after, without any song pointer reposition, the notes ARE sent to the External Device. This makes me think that the Song Pointer is involved.

Any ideas? This could be a services issue, but I don't know how to troubleshoot this any further.
by stephantrmper on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:08 pm
I also have kind of the same but even worse problem.

I connect the Behringer TD3-AM (with just a midi-kable, I dont use the USB-port of the TD3) to the M4Uex to get/play notes from an instrument-track. It sometimes works for a short while and then it somehow doesnt any more. Even restarting the Computer does´nt help. Sometimes I have to wait for the next day to get it working again.

When I do the same thing with the Behringer Cat, it works fine without issues.

Is this a TD3 Problem?
by Tacman7 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:37 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

So we have people who relate to something from 2015.

That's ok we can work from there.

There's a new KB article just released:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... 0059654191

Wade: that sounds like a sync problem with data being held up. I would go through your setup panels and see how you have things setup and look for something. Like your interface setup and external devices etc.

Stephan: Having two synths there you can certainly unplug the one that's working and put the cable into the other one then it must be a setting inside the box maybe. Same thing though lot of setup info might trigger someone's memory about a solution. That midi interface is different:
automatic input and output detection, each port works as a MIDI input or MIDI output
standalone operation possible: never seen that before.

Good to put your info in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

7 posts
Page 1 of 1