4 posts
Page 1 of 1
why is my virtual bass playing a sound while I am trying to record it or listen to song play back? I am using Studio One 2.6.5
by Steve Carter on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:45 pm
Hi Geeman
Can you provide some more information please.
Whst virtual bass are you using - Internal or external instrument?
What sound are you hearing? Another track playing, a previously recorded bass line or some form of distortion i.e. hum, hiss, pops etc..
What exactly are you doing when this occurs?
Also if you can add your equipment spec's it will be useful in providing assistance.
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jerrevanherpen on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm
Hi, i'm heaving trouble hearing my ps-49 midi keyboard through my audiobox with studio one. I configured the keyboard with studio one: receive from ps49, send to audiobox. I can see myself playing on the virtual keyboard on the screen, but i don't hear anything. I am hearing my mic through the headphones though.

Can anyone help me? :D
by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm
Did you select an instrument to trigger from the browser? There are no sounds from a keyboard like that. It only writes midi notes, that will trigger an actual sound for a selected instrument. You will see meter activity next to the track header when pressing keys, but you need to tell the keyboard what sound you are triggering.

The other possibility is that the instrument selected does not have any sounds mapped to the octave you are playing on the keyboard. In that case, raise or lower the octave in focus with the buttons on the keyboard.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1