7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I've just started learning how to use Studio one about a few weeks ago. I've pruchased a midi controller called an AKAI LPD 8, it's a simple midi controller that's fairly well-known since it's very affordable.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have each of the pads on the controller play a different track so that I can trigger them while I perform live with vocals and bass. I would ideally want a drum track or keys, or other instruments coming in during the song.

Right now I can only get one pad on the controller to play-trigger the whole song with all the seperate tracks included.

I realize this is a very basic question to many of you but I would appreciate it if you could tell me how this could be accomplished. I've been searching for an answer to how to get this done for weeks. Let me know if you need me to ellaborate since this is a pretty basic description of my situation.
Thanks.
by RyanRoullard on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:47 pm
Hmm... this isn't really something that Studio One is set up for, unfortunately, though someone more clever than I around here may have a workaround for you.

I suppose you could set up several samples in an instance of Impact, and assign your controller's pads to different Impact samples... but that sounds less than ideal...

Ryan Roullard
Documentation Manager
PreSonus Audio Electronics

Windows 10 Professional
3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i9-9900K
16 gigs RAM
ASRock Z390 Pro4 Mobo

Studio One 5 Professional
Quantum interface
ATOM SQ
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 am
S1 can't do a lot of the things I could do in Cubase with midi but that's not it's strength.

I think that:
You could create a device that takes only ch1 from a midi port, then create another device that uses the same midi port but only works for ch 2.

So if your device can have one pad be ch 1 and one ch2 then it should work.

If your device can't do that there is software (http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator) or hardware (http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm) that can convert most any midi event into any other event. So it should be able to change the channel of certain pads.

Seems like it might work.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by johnnygeib2 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 pm
You could actually use Studio One's Keyboard split option to set up zones on several tracks to accomplish this.

by Texas Willie on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:13 am
themuzic wroteYou could actually use Studio One's Keyboard split option to set up zones on several tracks to accomplish this.

Hey Jonny....How does one go about doing that in S1. I'm very interested to try that out!

TIA

TW :mrgreen:

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile x 2
Studio One Pro DAW v2.6
Akai MPK49 Midi Controller
Guitar Rig Kontrol Pedal
Epiphone Wildcat Semi-Hollow A/E
Breedlove Custom Studio A/E Guitar
Fender 12 String Acoustic/Electric
Fender American Stratocaster
Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headphones

Windows 8 x64, SIIG PCIe DP Firewire 800 3 port card.

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30 GHz; 8 GB Ram
Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb SSD-For O/S and Programs
Western Digital 1TB HDD x 2
Western Digital 1.5 TB HDD
by johnnygeib2 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:45 pm
Let's say you have a 4 pad controller. You want each pad to trigger a different track. In theory, you would set up 4 instrument tracks and set their keyboard zones to very narrow ranges. But make sure you have that pad controller set on each track.

A video would be a better way to show this but I'm not in the studio at the moment. I'll do some testing and see what I come up with.

by Texas Willie on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:28 pm
Thanks Johnny..... :D

TW :mrgreen:

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile x 2
Studio One Pro DAW v2.6
Akai MPK49 Midi Controller
Guitar Rig Kontrol Pedal
Epiphone Wildcat Semi-Hollow A/E
Breedlove Custom Studio A/E Guitar
Fender 12 String Acoustic/Electric
Fender American Stratocaster
Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headphones

Windows 8 x64, SIIG PCIe DP Firewire 800 3 port card.

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30 GHz; 8 GB Ram
Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb SSD-For O/S and Programs
Western Digital 1TB HDD x 2
Western Digital 1.5 TB HDD

7 posts
Page 1 of 1