6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello there, I have had a search through the forums and tried YouTube but I still can't map the pads on my MPK to the correct ones in impact. It appears most of the tutorials/videos concentrate on the older software for the MPK. I am not convinced the program is saving the mapping to the machine, or Studio one is not recognising the change of mapping.

I have mapped the pads out in the MPK software and tried to send it to all programs and even the RAM, but when I open Studio One, the default pads are being used. I have tried everything I can think of, but it's still defaulting!

The keyboard works fine, as does mapping the knobs. But these pads just do not want to play ball!
Any help on this would be most welcome as I can feel my hair falling out.

Thanks,

Rico
by richardpalmer on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:34 am
For anyone with the same problem, I found a fix!

It appears Impact registers the notes an octave higher than the MPK software, so if you shift them all up an octave they should work as advertised!
by atomic9 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:32 pm
I have the same issue with Alesis VI25.... if the above is the fix..how do you change octave for these pads. below is my original post. Thanks

"VI25 pads and studio one 3

everything shows midi input in studio one 3. only the keys trigger sounds, but not the pads . Like I said the pads do show midi infoy and register strikes. what is different about keybed and pads midi signals that studio one won't trigger sounds? virtual instruments
"
by matthewfinch on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:38 pm
Thank you for finding this out! That was the trick. One octave up from Impact default worked perfectly.
by waynelee1 on Mon May 30, 2016 12:32 pm
I cannot for the life of me map the pads in the MKII mini editor and get them to play correctly in Presonus.

Sending and receiving to the device seems fine but the AKAI does not play back the same values it thinks it has stored in its programs in Presonus.

Losing the will to live with the MPK mini2 :(
by Adria S. on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:43 am
Hi, I went through this a couple months ago. Here's my post with the solution: viewtopic.php?f=213&t=18056&p=98933

Studio One 3.2.3. on Windows 7 x64
FP10 FireWire
Kurzweil SP76 digital piano / MIDI controller
Akai MPD24 pad control

6 posts
Page 1 of 1