6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I have a Zoom H4N that I'm hoping to use when I'm away from my lovely RM16. I know there's latency issues with the H4N as a Audio I/F, but it's more for learning and experimenting.

Issue is that I cannot arm tracks with it.

-H4 is selected Audio Device in Audio Setup
-I have tried at 44.1 and 48 kHz selected on both the H4N and Studio One
-In Song Setup I have used it as a stereo channel, or 2 separate mono channels.
-H4 is output

I am able to monitor the channels, but once I hit Arm Track the monitor deselects and the track does not arm.

All I can say is that it worked once for me, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Much obliged for any help.

Kevin

(Custom build Mac desktop, Sierra 10.12.4, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB, 500GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980)

Studio One 3.3.4.4
Studio 192
Mackie Onyx 800R
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:30 am
Most times I have seen this, its related to the hdd you are trying to record to. Make sure you have write permissions for that hdd, and that there is enough free space to record to.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by kevincurran1 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 am
Thanks mate, spot on. HD path was wrong.

(Custom build Mac desktop, Sierra 10.12.4, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB, 500GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980)

Studio One 3.3.4.4
Studio 192
Mackie Onyx 800R
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:49 am
:+1

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by guypmerrill on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm
Hi there,

I am having a similar issue but it isn't a file path problem. I am recording onto the HD on my computer. I have a AudioBox 44 VSL which works perfectly for that same file path. I also have a zoom H4n that I use as a portable recorder and I'd like to use it as a small interface with Studio One Artist as well.

When I try and use the H4N with Studio One the input tracks will not arm in the Audio I/O panel. I can arm and cue the output channels. Oddly, even though I can't get any output from Studio One through the H4N's headphone output, it will play audio from my web browser.

I can monitor input on the H4N, it seems to be working fine. I have been able to playback audio from studio one occasionally, but I can not see what I am enabling and/or disabling. at the moment it will not playback as if there is no audio devise selected. I was able to hear sampleone and mojito through the h4n last night but right now it is not working.

I can arm the track for recording on the sequencer and the mixer. The issue seems to be only in the Audio I/O panel. It looks like it's showing some default audio i/o because it shows more inputs than the H4N actually has.
Screen-Shot-2017-02-17-at-1.12.49-PM.jpg
I photoshopped screenshots of both the input and output panels of the Audio I/O settings here.

Another strange thing is that the audio options are grayed out for the H4N in my computer's Audio/Midi setup panel. It shows that the H4N is selected as both the computer's input and output in Audio/Midi and Sound settings.

In Studio One, Sound preferences, and Audio/Midi setup shows the H4N as just "H4"- I don't know if this matters at all. I have updated the H4N to the newest firmware version.

I am able to use the H4N with Audacity, the tracks arm, live monitor and playback audio. It works perfectly, but of course I'd rather use all those sweet dsps in studio one!

I am using a Mac with OSX 10.12.3 Sierra
Studio One Artist 2.6.5.30360 OSX x64
I have already tried resetting the PRAM in case it was an issue with audio control settings - no dice.

One last thing: I have made this work in the past. I have a couple recordings that I made with studio one and my h4n as the interface. My suspicion is that it might be an issue from upgrading my operating system. So I am wondering, if this is not a settings issue, is there a plugin or a driver that could fix this? Or maybe some folder deep in my mac's library that I could delete or replace. Any leads are appreciated! -Thanks
by michaeldesmond on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:55 pm
guypmerrill wroteHi there,

I am having a similar issue but it isn't a file path problem. I am recording onto the HD on my computer. I have a AudioBox 44 VSL which works perfectly for that same file path. I also have a zoom H4n that I use as a portable recorder and I'd like to use it as a small interface with Studio One Artist as well.

When I try and use the H4N with Studio One the input tracks will not arm in the Audio I/O panel. I can arm and cue the output channels. Oddly, even though I can't get any output from Studio One through the H4N's headphone output, it will play audio from my web browser.

I can monitor input on the H4N, it seems to be working fine. I have been able to playback audio from studio one occasionally, but I can not see what I am enabling and/or disabling. at the moment it will not playback as if there is no audio devise selected. I was able to hear sampleone and mojito through the h4n last night but right now it is not working.

I can arm the track for recording on the sequencer and the mixer. The issue seems to be only in the Audio I/O panel. It looks like it's showing some default audio i/o because it shows more inputs than the H4N actually has.
Screen-Shot-2017-02-17-at-1.12.49-PM.jpg

Another strange thing is that the audio options are grayed out for the H4N in my computer's Audio/Midi setup panel. It shows that the H4N is selected as both the computer's input and output in Audio/Midi and Sound settings.

In Studio One, Sound preferences, and Audio/Midi setup shows the H4N as just "H4"- I don't know if this matters at all. I have updated the H4N to the newest firmware version.

I am able to use the H4N with Audacity, the tracks arm, live monitor and playback audio. It works perfectly, but of course I'd rather use all those sweet dsps in studio one!

I am using a Mac with OSX 10.12.3 Sierra
Studio One Artist 2.6.5.30360 OSX x64
I have already tried resetting the PRAM in case it was an issue with audio control settings - no dice.

One last thing: I have made this work in the past. I have a couple recordings that I made with studio one and my h4n as the interface. My suspicion is that it might be an issue from upgrading my operating system. So I am wondering, if this is not a settings issue, is there a plugin or a driver that could fix this? Or maybe some folder deep in my mac's library that I could delete or replace. Any leads are appreciated! -Thanks

I'm having the exact same issue. Did you find a solution?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1