4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey there,
I am super new to studio one coming from mixcraft
I was wondering how to remove an effect from my vocal.after I dragged it into it.
Even when I delete the vocal if I record again on the same track it still has the effect. Everyone says to click the power button but even.Even when I open my FX channel its not there, no effect is there. Please help me guys !
by shanabit on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 am
Right Click, REMOVE

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by garryknight on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:06 pm
Depends on whether you added it as an insert on the track, a send on the track, or as an event effect.

For the first two, click the track then press F4 to open the Inspector over on the left-hand side. Look in the middle section (between the two black horizontal lines) for Inserts and Sends. If you can't see them, drag the upper black line further up. To remove an effect, as shanabit says above, right-click it and select Remove. There are other ways you can do this but this is the simplest. Press F4 to close the Inspector again.

For an event effect, click the event then click F4 for the Inspector. In the bottom section, just below the event name is Event FX with the word 'Disable' to the right. If the word 'Disable' isn't there then there are no event effects. If there are, you'll see them just below listed under Inserts. Again, right-click and select Remove, then press F4 when you've finished with the Inspector.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by bennbenn1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:47 pm
Hi every one, I'm new to this, however I had this same problem about deleting unused FX Chain
I seen lots of answer, but none was helping to much, I finally realize how is done
So I will explain slowly, for people like myself.
1) Go to the browser Tab, It is to the bottom right side of your screen (Monitor) where it have your EDIT and MIX tab, If not open, Click on BROWSER, once its open
2) Look to the very top of your open browser box, you will see where it say, START - SONG and PROJECT, Below that is the little house Icon (Home) Next to it, you will see where it say INSTRUMENT and fallow by EFFECTS
3) Click on the one that say EFFECTS
4) You will see FX CHAINS, bellow you will see, all the FX Chain folders
5) Depending on where you saved your Custom FX Chain
6) Go to that folder and Click on it. you will see the FX
7) When you find the FX you want to delete
8) Right click on it, in the Drop down box click Delete.
9) IF you don't see Delete, Click on "Show in Explorer"
10) another Box will open and you will see the list in explorer, and delete the once you no longer want.

To finalize, once you finish deleting the once you do not want or need any more.
Right click on any FX and click REFRESH.
NOTE: Do not click Refresh till you finish removing ALL the once you don't want
If you do, IT WILL RESCAN and the process will take longer.

NOTE: : Be shore of the folders, files or FX's your deleting, are the once you made and want to delete
If you delete an unwanted folder, You may not be able to bring it back.

Thanks and I hope it help some one

4 posts
Page 1 of 1