12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Id really appreciate some help.

I would like to record the sound coming from a web page. e.g. practicing over the top of Guitar Tabs web page while listening to the backing track as well as my guitar playback at the same time in Studio One 6 (Artist 6.6)

I have a Steinberg UR22Mk2 with stereo loopback enabled. My guitar is plugged into Input 1. The UR22 is connected to the PC via USB and the phones output from the UR22 feeds speakers.

If I create a new song in Studio One and then add a mono audio track input L and add BIAS FX 2 like I would normally for practice, I get feedback through the speakers.

How do I configure the track and interface so that I get the BIAS FX 2 modified guitar and sound from Guitar tabs web page to come through the speakers as well as being recoded in the DAW?

Thanks

Windows 11
Studio One 6.6 Artist
BIAS FX 2
Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver, standard mode 512 samples, sample rate 44.1 kHz

Studio One Artist 6.6
Windows 11 Home
Intel i5-9400F
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2
Microstar MS-7B98
by SwitchBack on Sun May 05, 2024 5:03 am
The feedback has nothing to do with the use of loopback, probably. To prevent feedback make sure that the microphone doesn't pick up the output from the speakers. The best way to avoid feedback is to use headphones instead of speakers.

Loopback provides a virtual output, for your system sound (including your web browser's), which is returned to a virtual input you can use in Studio One. Not sure how Steinberg does it but enabling loopback probably adds a pair of stereo inputs and outputs to your 2x2 interface. Set Windows system sound to use the extra pair of outputs, for Studio One to pick up the signal from the extra pair of inputs. The guitar will be on one of the original inputs. Then set Studio One to use the original pair of outputs for Main Out. That's the basic setup.
by timteather on Sun May 05, 2024 7:11 am
Hi @Switchback,

Many thanks for your reply.

I connected a headset. In Studio One I have a single mono audio channel, with the monitor off and mute on and record on. I can see and hear signals from both the web page and from the guitar. In this configuration BIAS FX doesnt seem to be working. If I unmute the channel there is still feedback. Its the same if I remove the monitor as well.

Ive read elsewhere about the virtual inputs but if I look in the Audio I/O setup I cant see anything there and I can't see any in the windows audio configuration.

Any more suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Studio One Artist 6.6
Windows 11 Home
Intel i5-9400F
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2
Microstar MS-7B98
by Tacman7 on Sun May 05, 2024 8:01 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Most interfaces don't 'turn on' loopback, it's an available input that you have to set up in S1.

Just set it up like a regular input but set the input on a track and record it but don't monitor it, leave the slider all the way down.

Loopback.jpg

See across the top? That's information S1 gets from the interface, those are available inputs that you set up as needed. This interface doesn't actually have loopback on it. But up at the top usually all the way to the right it will have a loopback input from the interface, so click that on the loopback input you set up.

ok, here's an older pic of an interface that comes with loopback inputs:
InputSetup.jpg

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by timteather on Sun May 05, 2024 9:09 am
Hi @tacman,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I've seen these settings in other postings, I don't have them in my setup for some reason.

This is what I have:

Audio setup Steinberg driver.png

Studio One Artist 6.6
Windows 11 Home
Intel i5-9400F
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2
Microstar MS-7B98
by timteather on Sun May 05, 2024 9:09 am
and this is the song setup

Song audio io setup.png

Studio One Artist 6.6
Windows 11 Home
Intel i5-9400F
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2
Microstar MS-7B98
by Tacman7 on Sun May 05, 2024 9:54 am
I don't see a loopback input, maybe need to turn it on? Or they have some sort of scheme to send it...

Maybe read up on it:
https://www.google.com/search?q=steinbe ... 2+loopback

If your interface doesn't have a loopback input you can do it manually if you have enough I/O. You do not have the I/O to set that up. Basically you take a pair of cables and run from output to input and record but not monitor.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by timteather on Sun May 05, 2024 11:25 am
Thanks @tacman,

I'll have a look.

The loopback seems to be working - the web page audio is coming through as is the guitar audio. The only thing that isnt working is BIAS FX2.

Any ideas?

Thanks Tim

Studio One Artist 6.6
Windows 11 Home
Intel i5-9400F
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2
Microstar MS-7B98
by SwitchBack on Mon May 06, 2024 2:25 am
Had a peek at the manual and Steinberg's 'loopback' seems more like a 'mix in with the rest'. You have to turn off all monitoring in Studio One and I don't see an option to process/record the browser audio separate from the two interface inputs:
UR22.png
by timteather on Mon May 06, 2024 9:02 am
thanks @switchback,

Looks like this isn't going to work,

Can anyone recommend an audio interface that does do what I need?

Thanks

Studio One Artist 6.6
Windows 11 Home
Intel i5-9400F
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2
Microstar MS-7B98
by SwitchBack on Mon May 06, 2024 9:22 am
The PreSonus Revelator interfaces were designed with online collaboration/podcasting in mind. Maybe the Revelator io24 or io44 is the one for you.
by SwitchBack on Mon May 13, 2024 10:55 am
The new PreSonus Quantum ES/HD interfaces have loopback too, so that may be another option. Study the manuals though, the ES2 may be too limited for your application.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1