12 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I have Autoscroll button on, I go into the lyrics track to nudge some lyrics up slightly - and Autoscroll switches off. What is the reason for this bizarre behaviour? Can Presonus please sort this out? I have complained before and heard the argument about zoomed in audio editing needing this (I don't get it but concede some people like that). But in the Lyric Track? What is the reason for turning off Autoscroll in the Lyric Track?

I am sorry to keep complaining. Because to me, this behaviour in Studio One (a fairly easy fix) does not make any sense. Especially not in the Lyric Track.

Please give us the option (like Cubase has) to keep Autoscroll on when editing - or to turn it off.

Please upvote my Feature Request.

https://answers.presonus.com/76412/auto ... 412#q76412

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:02 am
garyshepherd wroteSo I have Autoscroll button on, I go into the lyrics track to nudge some lyrics up slightly - and Autoscroll switches off. What is the reason for this bizarre behaviour? Can Presonus please sort this out? I have complained before and heard the argument about zoomed in audio editing needing this (I don't get it but concede some people like that). But in the Lyric Track? What is the reason for turning off Autoscroll in the Lyric Track?

I am sorry to keep complaining. Because to me, this behaviour in Studio One (a fairly easy fix) does not make any sense. Especially not in the Lyric Track.

Please give us the option (like Cubase has) to keep Autoscroll on when editing - or to turn it off.

Please upvote my Feature Request.

Gary, I tried to vote again, but it didn't take because I voted earlier. So while signed in, I added plus one to every vote below that to help bolster this over needed "fix".

I challenge any (and that means any) developer anywhere to convince me the Autoscroll feature in Studio One is enough as it is. If so, I would claim they do not edit enough, or use the program enough to see the numerous shortcomings of this process. It is not in the best interest of user functionality to have Autoscroll in a permanent form as it is. There must be a manual override. Allow for, "Autoscroll", and "Turn-off, Autoscroll" as in manual override.

It's tiring in so many ways over the lyrics track. It's also note editing, event positioning, transient note bend relocating, etc. etc. etc.

"Thank you ahead, Presonus for your attention to this matter". It's not about votes. It's about ease of use, and not having the screen shift when a user is preparing to position something, Autoscroll engages, and potentially advanced the screen. This leaves the user dangling in unexpected futility, and then has to return back to the intended scene. Often having to Undo [Control + Z] a misplaced mishap. Additionally, turning off Autoscroll, until it re engages at some other time. Please update and repair Autoscroll.

P.s. Don't be sorry, Gary. Thank you for your continued courtesy and visibility on this.

It would have been nice if this correction were part of the 6.1 update. :shock:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by garyshepherd on Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:42 am
Lokeyfly wroteIt would have been nice if this correction were part of the 6.1 update. :shock:

Don't speak too soon but something seems to have changed. I am not sure this is intended behaviour change or a bug/mistake. When you start editing, the Autoscroll button does still switch off. However, when you do some editing, as soon as you hit spacebar for Play Start, the Autoscroll button seems to switch back on. I will be testing this extensively and report back - maybe something changed in 6.1.1 which I only just installed. It is not in the notes but who knows?

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:01 pm
garyshepherd wrote
Lokeyfly wroteIt would have been nice if this correction were part of the 6.1 update. :shock:

Don't speak too soon but something seems to have changed. I am not sure this is intended behaviour change or a bug/mistake. When you start editing, the Autoscroll button does still switch off. However, when you do some editing, as soon as you hit spacebar for Play Start, the Autoscroll button seems to switch back on. I will be testing this extensively and report back - maybe something changed in 6.1.1 which I only just installed. It is not in the notes but who knows?

Ok. Thx. I'm still with the 6.0.1 I think, so if you have a question about comparing, let me know.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garyshepherd on Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:02 pm
I have noticed in the notes to the update for 6.02:

"Autoscroll should work when nudging beyond the visible timeline"

While this did not seem to work before, it does now seem to work in 6.1.1. The Autoscroll button switches off but when you press play. Fingers crossed - can others test to see if this is solved by the Presonus update?

by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:13 am
I won't be able to check this today. Too much going on. I can check tomorrow. It wouldn't matter if nudging beyond the visible timeline. Stopping and starting has always restarted Autoscroll.
What is needed is to turn off Autoscroll. No auto turn on anything, no auto bob & weeving.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garyshepherd on Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:38 pm
I was wrong - this is still switching Autoscroll off when you make an edit in the Arranger window. It really is a bug - despite what they say. This should not be switching off Autoscroll. But it does - it is probably easy to fix but they didn't do it.

by Lokeyfly on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:45 pm
garyshepherd wroteI was wrong - this is still switching Autoscroll off when you make an edit in the Arranger window. It really is a bug - despite what they say. This should not be switching off Autoscroll. But it does - it is probably easy to fix but they didn't do it.

Thanks for checking, Gary just the same. Let's see what they do as a fix, or If they actually know the shortcomings of this not fully realized function.

Please fix Autoscroll to be optionally fully manual. Currently, Autoscroll has enormous flaws, where late editing (playhead near right of screen) and autoscoll turns on causes mishaps with in-process edits from text track editing, bend tool, note adjusting and Autoscroll can interfere in that process. The screen literally changes (advances) during an edit. This is undoubtedly a primary unfinished symphony in the design of Autoscoll.
This is not warranted by an FR. This ultimately requires attention.
Thank you. 🌹

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garyshepherd on Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:28 am
Lokeyfly wrotePlease fix Autoscroll to be optionally fully manual. Currently, Autoscroll has enormous flaws, where late editing (playhead near right of screen) and autoscoll turns on causes mishaps with in-process edits from text track editing, bend tool, note adjusting and Autoscroll can interfere in that process. The screen literally changes (advances) during an edit. This is undoubtedly a primary unfinished symphony in the design of Autoscoll.
This is not warranted by an FR. This ultimately requires attention.
Thank you. 🌹

Yes - it is quite bizarre behaviour. You start say resizing an audio event, and the Autoscroll button switches off while you are doing it. Then you press play and the button sometimes comes on again - but then with other editing it doesn't come on again.

I have to say I updated Digital Performer to 11.22 and it works well - Autoscroll stays on if you want it to, or turns off if you want it to, and the Melodyne integration is now flawless. It is a tempting backstop for some editing. I wish Presonus would fix Autoscroll to work like it should, and as it does in Cubase and Digital Performer. It can't be that difficult and the idea that S1's behaviour is intentional doesn't make any sense.

by Lokeyfly on Tue May 23, 2023 9:24 pm
Bump.
Please vote when you have a chance.
This is really sorely needed in Studio One.
The Autoscroll feature needs a permanent On and Off option. Not just a temporary select on/off. That is, unless you want the program to decide for you, right in the middle of an edit, then pulls the carpet out and starts Autoscroll when you least expect it to.

Thank you for voting!
https://answers.presonus.com/76412/autoscroll-should-toolbar-switch-when-editing-audio-arranger?show=76412#q76412

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garyshepherd on Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:30 pm
Just been doing some serious editing of audio in the Arrange window - vocal comping and editing. Jeez that Autoscroll switching off is seriously annoying. Come on Presonus, please fix this. If you don't want Autoscroll on, when editing - then turn it off! I want Autoscroll on and can't see any good reason why Studio One turns it off when editing. It doesn't make any sense.

Please Presonus - give us the option of keeping on Autoscroll when we have pressed the button.

Please upvote my feature suggestion:

by PreAl on Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:46 pm
Voted.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1