24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Yes
Last edited by ericjohnson97 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
by ericjohnson97 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:01 am
Bbd wroteIf you look around in this forum, you will see many topics about CPU usage.
Best to do some research and test you own system step by step.
There are tons of users enjoying Studio One.
The best help and advice is when it is directed to specific and reproducible issues that others can help you solve.

Hey Bbd, while scanning this forum I noticed we have close to the same systems with same specs(exept I have the non "k" i7 4790 with 32gb ram). I was wondering how your system typically performs?
I'm doing testing on mine now(will post results). Tho I'm finding i am able to load far less into my projects than I figured should be possible. I use mostly komplete 13/kontakt & 3rd party plugins like isotope, plugin alliance, waves, ect...(both light and heavy, mixed with some internal presonus vst's)
Doing testing now but it seems Reaper is far lighter on cpu. Will post more specific results soon, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm experiencing a problem? My studio one cpu performance meter is reading far more than my windows 10 resourse monitor actually indicates I'm using...? What is a typical track/vst count for you?
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:11 am
Reaper has always been far ahead of game as far as CPU usage goes. Not sure how they do it, but it's way better.

This is an old thread! But yeah, changing the power schemes is very important (on windoze anyways ;) )

i5 3.9GH 11600k, 32 gigs ram, Windows 11, Studio One 6.x SPHERE, Audient id4 @64 buffer, Original ATOM and ATOM SQ, Faderport 8 and the now not as important Nektar T4, 44.1 sample rate.

I don't know what to do about this mouse problem. I have two, and neither of them are what I want. All the pads, setting and styles in the world don't seem to matter. They suck. One of the "banes" of my current existence.
by JohnBW on Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 am
ericjohnson97 wrote My studio one cpu performance meter is reading far more than my windows 10 resourse monitor actually indicates I'm using...?

They are not measuring the same thing.

"The Performance Monitor is going to show you the CPU load (shown as percentage) for the core that has the highest CPU usage. This number will NOT match what you see in the Windows Performance Monitor or the MacOS Activity Monitor, being that it is not a cumulative representation of all CPU usage.  "
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ur-system-

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2