174 postsPage 2 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9
I guess it all comes down to who they want to sell to. Nuendo has a post market. Digital Performer has a large film scoring contingent. Cubase is for musicians who need powerful MIDI tools. Reaper is...well, it's Reaper; it does everything for everyone. And Studio One...I think the verdict is still out, especially with the new Fender guy in charge of pulling all the levers and switches.

JohnBW wrote
taylorscott2 wrotePlease god, a video track.

I have a hunch that this S1 update could swing a bit towards the needs of film and TV composers working on post-production. They have been requesting that feature for quite a while.

The last couple of S1 updates have added a lot of new toys for songwriters and musicians, so it's probably time...

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by davidspencerbarker on Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:40 am
I quite new to Studio One the professional version ( work gets in the way to use the software properly) :mrgreen:

As a hobbyist musician,I'm very happy with everything. (Still learning and discovering new stuff to play with :D

But with Studio One 6 around the corner.I can only hope for a favorable discount price to upgrade
If I decide to. :D

Its difficult to predict whats in the new version.But would imagine GUI improvements,new tools and features :D

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by PreAl on Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:36 am
As long as it integrates with Google Home so it will automatically turn on the kettle when recording I don't care, although it would be nice if they release a final bugfix patch for the 5.x version just before, like they've done in the past (not holding my breath). I generally wait 6 months or so for things to stabilise after release.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Tuoni64 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:35 am
And, of course, this will benow crunch time for me (and perhaps others) to decide whether to upgrade my perpetual licence or finally jump onto the Presonus Sphere subscription service.

Or, and this seems to be often overlooked, stay on S1 5 which, truth be told, is meeting my current needs perfectly adequately.

Not sure yet which way to jump this time.

Unfortunately, shiny new things usually sway me :)

Jason.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:23 am
Yeah, I get all of the above.

Bye......:roll:
by leosutherland on Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:28 am
Tuoni64 wroteUnfortunately, shiny new things usually sway me :)

Jason.

Shiny, shiny, bad times behind me
Shiny, shiny, sha-na-na-na
Shiny, shiny, bad times behind me
Shiny, shiny, sha-na-na-na

Starter for 10, artist? :)

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by roland1 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:43 am
It will be interesting to see what passes as an upgrade from the previous version. We have so many features now, many of them unnecessary to me at the moment. It's not like they can just change the colors of the plugins and say "All new version 6" or something.

So a valid update would have to deliver a substantive change: legitimate additions and not just cosmetic distractions. That said...

Maybe everything will get stripped down and we'll just get a transport with a stop and play button and a whole bunch of loops — 2 TB of "dope" loops from the Vanilla Ice collection. That's it. Songwriting has never been this simple. Anyone can do it. Even your dog.

Rent it now while supplies last.

[SIDE NOTE: I think that it goes without saying that I feel totally lost every time I hear the rhythmic pounding of a song full of sampled percussion instruments and synthesizers while the electronically altered sound of a young girl's robotic voice warbles over top at various intervals. My "old school" predates the use of computers for making music. Yesterday I even spent some time reacquainting my fingers with the guitar solo from Lazy by Deep Purple. No loops. Just blood, sweat and tears. Heck, I saw the original Van Halen and heard RUSH play Spirit of Radio here in Toronto before it was even recorded. That's right kids, I'm practically dead. :D ]

[Just like the music industry. ;) ]
Last edited by roland1 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:02 am
But I digress, Studio One 6? Who knows. The jaded view is ... jaded. The "OMG I can finally make music!" is OMGICFMM. ;)

I'm excited to see what it is, even if I'm not excited after. I'm not jumping ship regardless, I've tried all those "other" hosts and they would take a line from Garth, but I'm already in trouble for trying to be into "comedy" :lol:

by gregghart on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:45 am
I hope they do some major work on the Show page. I use that quite frequently now for playing out. It interfaces great with my NI keyboard so I can change patches on the fly. Kinda like Mainstage Lite. It would be great if it could become a Better Than Mainstage contender.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by graytermedia on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:47 am
gregghart wroteI hope they do some major work on the Show page. I use that quite frequently now for playing out. It interfaces great with my NI keyboard so I can change patches on the fly. Kinda like Mainstage Lite. It would be great if it could become a Better Than Mainstage contender.

As someone who's looking to move into small scaled-down shows, I'm really hoping for improvement with the Show page. I don't want to learn to do it in Ableton, even though that's what it's best at.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by Steve Carter on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:03 pm
The veiled references are losing me but full ‘in-DAW’ compatibility with Izotope RX would be nice - won’t hold my breath!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:47 pm
Steve Carter wroteThe veiled references are losing me

Remember "ice ice baby" ? It's a rip off of Queen's "under pressure"

Anyways, for those bold enough to watch, google "behind the music" and look up vanilla ice :)

BACK on topic!

about 5 days/ish. Then we'll know!

by Tuoni64 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:57 am
I too, as a playing musician, date from the 1980s.

In defense of our younger colleagues, Electronic Dance Music is much more complicated and harder than it looks to get right (I've tried); a good deal of it derives from the synth-pop of the 1980s which, as a synth player during the UK New Romantics era, I'm at least partially responsible for ;-)

Looking further back from the 1980s, we may have turned out greats like Deep Purple, Kate Bush, The Cure, and Ramones (entirely chosen at random out of my personal faves) but we also have to balance that with the indelible stain of inventing Disco & Funk (the Hustle anyone?) around the same time. And let's not forget Punk, I was actively part of that scene and while it was fun to play it can hardly be described as melodic or musically sophistimacated ;-)

And of course, this entire post is all totally tongue in cheek :lol:

Jason.

PS: We are a little off topic here again - seems to happen!

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by jackchicago on Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:07 am
Feature Requests List for Studio One 6:
https://answers.presonus.com/75833/stud ... ist-please

Feel free to add anything, or tell me if anything has already been done. Thanks.
by Lokeyfly on Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:29 am
Young, middle, or old, for those looking for..... well. . whatever you think a new version will bring you. I hope you find it in version 6.

Weather that is noodling with some cool features, GUI look, or new subject matter to go over (many even gripe about), I hope it involves you in the music and production aspects, than constant loitering in the forum. MMV.

Have fun and make awesome music! The world can use it.

As to S1v6 for me, I'll hold off for at least a few months to let things settle. I'm on the tail end of an album and ripples or new features will only get in the way.

Quick wishlist:
*More room in Track Inspector, by use of tabs.
*Actual velocity metering on tracks.
*Better choice of color swatches.
*Skip forward (reverse) looping.
*Continued improvement w Global & Focus mapping.
*Some new Instrument that is compelling.
*Continued Project Page enhancements
*Continued overall reliability and lean design.

Be well with your music, and in health!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by shanabit on Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:51 am
NEEDED:

1. Video Track
2. Surround
3. ATMOS

**If FenderSonus wants to capture the Protools, Logic,Cubase crowd .

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by BobF on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:37 am
Lokeyfly wroteYoung, middle, or old, for those looking for..... well. . whatever you think a new version will bring you. I hope you find it in version 6.

Weather that is noodling with some cool features, GUI look, or new subject matter to go over (many even gripe about), I hope it involves you in the music and production aspects, than constant loitering in the forum. MMV.

As to S1v6 for me, I'll hold off for at least a few months to let things settle. I'm on the tail end of an album and ripples or new features will only get in the way.

Quick wishlist:

As I'm sure you know, side X side installs work great.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:01 am
Well, here and abroad win 11 is starting to look......interesting. So we'll do 6, TONEX and see if they work first. I'm not clear if you can go back to 10 if there is a problem, but I'm guessing 6 will be "11" compatible.

BTB, I contacted Nektar and they didn't do the beta so not sure if that controller will work correctly with 6. I remember 5 was an issue at first.

by ianaeillo on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:13 am
Multi-outs on the master fader or multiple master faders. I don’t care if they call it 6 and the only difference is multiple outputs on the master fader, I’ll buy it. I’ll give you anything, Presonus. Want my car? It’s a Saab but it’s fun. You can have it. Please help me stop using Pro Tools. I’m begging you.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by Lokeyfly on Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:12 am
BobF wrote
Lokeyfly wroteYoung, middle, or old, for those looking for..... well. . whatever you think a new version will bring you. I hope you find it in version 6.

Quick wishlist:

As I'm sure you know, side X side installs work great.

Not familiar Bob, what is that? No success googling that.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

174 postsPage 2 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9