13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Thinking of running Malwarebytes Premium.
Anyone running that program and have any comments or issues with it?
What about issues w other virus programs that don't seem compatible with Studio One?
Notice any CPU degradation?

Maarkr
Studio: Studio One, IKM, NI, Waves, iZotope, Melodyne Studio + others (former user of Reaper, Acid, Sonar, Cubase and Reason)
i7 8700/Giga Z390 mobo, Win11 Pro-64 w32Gb, MOTU Ultralite mk4, Yamaha HS80M wSub, Live: PX-5S, FA-06, Epi Les Paul, Zoom R-16...

Latest album release at http://genemaarkr.bandcamp.com/
by scottyo7 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm
I have the "Premium" version of Malwarebytes... a 2 year license purchase with one renewal so far.
It hasn't caused one bit of an issue that I can tell with Studio One (S1).
You can see my specs below for a relative comparison to yours.

I have MS Office on my PC too for occasional use for work or personal use.
And I also use my PC for all my browsing and online purchases (ala Amazon).
For all that 'online' use - that's why I have Malwarebytes. 8-)

But my PC is used for S1 89% of the time. ;)
I've had songs with 15 VI's running and about 32 tracks and I hovered around 40% on the performance meter. Of course this depends on the plugins you run!

NOTE:
In the last 3+ years with my current PC and SW, I might have had S1 shutdown 2, maybe 3 times but I don't remember the PC itself ever locking up.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:04 pm
I've used Avira free version for years, no issue

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Lawrence on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:08 am
It depends on the config settings mostly and a lot of them seem to block write permissions and do other strange or bad things for some daws by default. It seemed to get worse after the recent credit agency hack, that maybe they all changed their heuristics or whatever because after that some who didn't have any issue before that did after the virus definitions updated.

It may hit Studio One more than some others because it uses so much JS scripting, which looks like viruses I suppose to some of those things. No clue.
by JohnBW on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:48 pm
I run Avira without conflicts, as my real-time file scanner. It seems to be well behaved.

If you have concerns, one strategy would be to add exceptions, or exclusions, to your scanner if available. Just choose the processes and file/folder paths of your audio software (there may be several), so that the executables are omitted from real-time scanning.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by PreAl on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 am
Malwarebyte is designed to run along a virus scanner. It will work fine if you don't do realtime scanning, however realtime scanning I found does not agree when running Bitdefender even with exclusions. Logging support calls they blamed each other. As Bitdefender detects malware anyway I removed Malwarebytes in the end. I occasionally run a full scan of Malwarebytes (not realtime).

Either way configuring your virus scanner to remove processes and file paths etc is essential.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by leosutherland on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:02 am
I personally use Eset NOD32, I've used it for some years and not really had problems with it when run on normal use PCs. I started using it because it was a lean, mean AV - I guess now it is suffering from mid-life spread like most software and humans do :mrgreen: .

I've yet to have a good look at it while doing DAW stuff, so not seen any problems, but yes it seems really sensible advice to exclude the DAW processes and folder from its scan.

Or just run DAW machine offline, and only activate AV when connecting to get upgrades etc, do a scan, and switch off again :roll: .

On my non-DAW machine, I also run MWB - the two seem to coexist OK, but I wouldn't for DAW machine

BTW, I'm going to put my DAW machine particulars in sig tonite after work

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by richardfroemming on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:08 am
I have been plagued with an issue since first purchasing Studio One Artist and I am now on v5+. Here's the problem, and PreSonus support once suggested that it was related Norton Anti-virus, but I experienced it initially on a Windows system that had NO anti-virus on it.

I might be recording (laying down a track) OR editing/reviewing a recording and all of a sudden, there's this noise I call a "white noise blast" that sounds similar to a burst of compressed air from a nozzle, and then the "whoosh" tapers off and you hear this low Hz tone that sounds like it's on reverb, and then it all tapers away.

And just the other day, I had downloaded a mixdown and when the mixdown PLAYED BACK on my iTunes, you could hear a reduced version of the blast, which distorted and sort of blocked-out the mix.

And thus far, PreSonus Support has claimed little knowledge or responsibility for this issue.

But I seriously doubt it's related to Norton.

In fact, at one point, I thoroughly documented the date/time of the incident, and had my computer guru search the system activity log. There was nothing that involved the OS.
by MisterE on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:49 pm
There are a grand total of zero things wrong with built-in Windows Defender which in no way interferes with Studio One. Be my guest and play the field, but there's no real need to.

Not everything Microsoft does is wonderful, but Defender is one thing they got right.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by prince218 on Wed May 18, 2022 6:14 pm
I read instructions to uninstall my anti-virus software. After uninstalling, I had several other issues...So, I put it back. Then, I simply went to the FIREWALL protections and "ADDED" Studio One to the list of programs allowed to bypass FIREWALL protection.. By doing this, I was able to keep the anti-virus software - AND, use Studio One 5 to its full capabilities.
by rodshort on Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm
I used to run ESET. When I had some S1 issues, Presonus support told me to get rid of ESET and switch to the built-in Microsoft Defender. I did that and, I still had the same issues. After exhaustive trial and error on my part, I was able to track the issues down to any project that had an instance of the Waves Schepps Omni Channel. I updated that plugin and.... no more issues. So, anyway, I never had any problems with ESET or Microsoft Defender. For whatever that info may be worth.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by leosutherland on Thu May 19, 2022 4:39 am
Hi All

FWIW, I run both MWB and Eset, and have never had any problems between them and S1 :thumbup:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by vasilykorytov on Thu May 19, 2022 11:05 am
I prefer to pause my AV (MS Defender) when running S1 (or disabling it if it's a dedicated audio machine).

well, it kinda worked without disabling it almost fine, but there were occasional dropouts that stopped after disabling the AV. I run a low buffer with a Thunderbolt audio interface, so the RTT is real fast here, so YMMV.

13 posts
Page 1 of 1