51 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Lokeyfly wroteQuestion, do you guys see it as just having full viewing access to Sphere feeds or filtering out the non related news?

Either solution would be fine by me.
At present I sometimes get to click on a link that then says "Ha ha you can't view this"
So either don't show me that news link or let me view the article.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by davidlarson6 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:48 am
I suspect that the most likely result of this Feature Request (if there's any result at all) would be that the entire news feed would be made "Sphere Subscribers Only."

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by Lokeyfly on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:59 am
Feature Request here: https://answers.presonus.com/72241/enhance-the-startup-newsfeed-by-user-preferences?show=72241#q72241

Sorry for the delay. I just got a new phone yesterday and it was quite a jump in OS and layout. Whew.
This should be beneficial to a lot of different end users while making the point of access, necessary.
Peace, Merry, and Happy!

Please stress your thoughts, but vote first. :+1

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by garyshepherd on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm
The latest video on the News Feed is Gregor talking about Mixer LED's in Studio One. But not available to me apparently. Is this an error, or is this exclusion for non Sphere members? Interested to know.......

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by IanM5 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm
garyshepherd wroteThe latest video on the News Feed is Gregor talking about Mixer LED's in Studio One. But not available to me apparently. Is this an error, or is this exclusion for non Sphere members? Interested to know.......

I'm "non Sphere" and the link worked for me. Here is the YT link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDBxz8rSvQ

by garyshepherd on Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:09 pm
IanM5 wroteI'm "non Sphere" and the link worked for me. Here is the YT link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDBxz8rSvQ

Good to know - thanks for this.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:11 am
davidlarson6 wroteI suspect that the most likely result of this Feature Request (if there's any result at all) would be that the entire news feed would be made "Sphere Subscribers Only."

Sure, its always possible. Id also agree if there's any result at all. I'd even goes as far to say not likely.
Still, I'll throw this out there for what it's worth.
I suspect most who view the FR would rather create some rational, than pull the trigger and actually vote. That takes a commitment to sign in, and a click to vote.
A lot less time than commenting on the likely outcome, and assumption made.
mmv of course. :)

If what you suggest is true, about Presonus only treating Sphere users, it would only exacerbate the issue, and intent of the FR which happens to be coming from non Sphere users, to benefit all users. Hopefully it's a wakeup call to Presonus to be all inclusive. Also to illustrate some level of sophistication on their end with user streamlining.
The ball is in their court. It's time to vote. Then comment.

Thx in advance. :thumbup:
Feature Request here: https://answers.presonus.com/72241/enhance-the-startup-newsfeed-by-user-preferences?show=72241#q72241

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by davidlarson6 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:11 pm
:thumbup: Voted

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by garyshepherd on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:16 am
Voted

by bartbalint on Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:19 pm
I voted ‘yes.’ I would rather not have unwanted advertisements in any of my feeds. No matter what inducements Presonus offers to make a subscription more appealing, I just won’t be going down that road with any DAW.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by shanabit on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:17 pm

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by gregghart on Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:30 am
Voted

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by Vocalpoint on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:56 am
Voted.

However - I would rather be able to shut off the News Panel, Demos and Tutorials, Artist Profile and especially the Soundcloud panel permanently and focus my Start panel on what matters - the work at hand.

When I come into S1 - it's most definitely NOT to browse News OR stare at my own Artist profile - it's to get busy creating - and I should be able to have complete control on what this Start area displays for my specific workflow.

For me - I would love much more Start real estate for my recent songs, projects etc

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:41 am
FYI to all:

S1 can be customized to open to the start page...OR open the last song worked on......OR a new song with the template of your choosing.

So there are 2 options to never see the news feed again. They also use the news feed to advertise new products as well as cross promote other existing products, and has been that way since day one.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Vocalpoint on Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:54 am
matthewgorman wroteS1 can be customized to open to the start page...OR open the last song worked on......OR a new song with the template of your choosing.

Matt

These "choices" represent a constraint (rather a workflow helper) as I do not wish to open my last song OR start a new one with a specific template. Matter of fact - sometimes I do not know what I want to do until I get to the Start page.

And while I am all for Presonus promoting S1 and the entire line - the point here is that you are attempting to "promote" things that will never (and can never) apply to non-Sphere users and it's being forced "into" my view.

To be fair to us Pro users - such material should also be allowed to be forced "out" of my view by offering some additional Start Page options. Presonus should not take anything personal if I want to shut off all this stuff and have S1 setup the way I want it to be.

The scary, longer term view of this News panel is that is has the underpinnings(to me anyway) of now being almost like "in app advertising". Microsoft and others have been trying this kinda crap in test versions Windows 10/11 - and the outcry has been immediate and loud.

I tend to agree - I have already paid my license fee for my copy of S1 and I should be able to use it without anything else being flashed in my face at Startup. I mean what's next? - a series of Fender ads in the News panel listing the new 2023 guitars etc. As a VERY active user community - we are already all very aware of all things Presonus is promoting.

What is not welcome (and borders on elitist to me) is dangling carrots in my face that I can never take a bite from (Sphere specific) and branding these items as News.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:11 am
Lets be 100% fair then.

I am only posting information that others in this thread may not be aware of currently, and perhaps that may fit their workflow. I have no horse in this race. Just supplying information. There are several posters here that have low post counts, so they may not be long time users.

And while I am all for Presonus promoting S1 and the entire line - the point here is that you are attempting to "promote" things that will never (and can never) apply to non-Sphere users and it's being forced "into" my view.

Can't believe I need to say this again, but here it goes........Myself, and my fellow moderators are not Presonus employees (or Fender for that matter). WE are not promoting or marketing anything. All WE try and do is keep things running smoothly. Snapping at me for providing simple, generic, not directed at anyone, information, would be just as bad as a fanboi coming in and telling everyone to get over it.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Vocalpoint on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:20 am
matthewgorman wroteSnapping at me for providing simple, generic, not directed at anyone, information, would be just as bad as a fanboi coming in and telling everyone to get over it.

Not snapping Matt. Just getting slightly warm over here. And I mistyped - should have been:

"the point here is that Presonus is attempting to "promote" things..."

No offence intended.

Keep up the great work. We do appreciate it.

VP

by IanM5 on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:50 am
Vocalpoint wrote
These "choices" represent a constraint (rather a workflow helper) as I do not wish to open my last song OR start a new one with a specific template.

You are right that they are a constraint (or compromise) but it is one that I have chosen because those news items irritated me a little. My S1 now opens (more quickly!) with a new completely blank project each time. If I want an existing project it is right there in the "File -> Recent Files" list, just like most other Windows progs.

I took the view that if I want to work on an existing song then the two extra clicks is no big deal when traded off against the "Create a new song, choose a template and press OK" sequence for a new song. Either way it's no biggie. I'm a perpetual dabbler so a new blank song to try out an idea is probably my most common start point and most of the stuff I generate never gets saved unless it has inspired me.

@Matt. You have no idea how difficult it is for the totally hilarious comedian inside of me to resist telling you to "get over it", probably with extra "!!!!!". :lol: :lol: :lol:

by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:09 am
IanM5 wrote
Vocalpoint wrote
These "choices" represent a constraint (rather a workflow helper) as I do not wish to open my last song OR start a new one with a specific template.

You are right that they are a constraint (or compromise) but it is one that I have chosen because those news items irritated me a little. My S1 now opens (more quickly!) with a new completely blank project each time. If I want an existing project it is right there in the "File -> Recent Files" list, just like most other Windows progs.

I took the view that if I want to work on an existing song then the two extra clicks is no big deal when traded off against the "Create a new song, choose a template and press OK" sequence for a new song. Either way it's no biggie. I'm a perpetual dabbler so a new blank song to try out an idea is probably my most common start point and most of the stuff I generate never gets saved unless it has inspired me.

@Matt. You have no idea how difficult it is for the totally hilarious comedian inside of me to resist telling you to "get over it", probably with extra "!!!!!". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats why we have private messaging. :punk:

Matt

S1Pro V5
by leosutherland on Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:16 am
Personally, and at the risk of being set upon by both sides, I could care less about what is displayed on the Start Page - as long as it has a place for me to start/create songs, I'm a hoppy bunny.

Boing, boing :punk:

Though it is nice to have my soundcloud piccie displayed for me to remind me how gorgeous I am! :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers

51 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3