3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've managed the MIDI basics of hooking up my synths / drum machines in/out of Studio One OK, but am now looking to control my Elektron Model Cycles sequences via Studio One.

Presently, I can select each separate track (instrument) by selecting the corresponding MIDI out channel in Studio One. However, regardless of the out-channel selected, pressing play automatically triggers the Model Cycles to play a whole pattern on each whole bar.

What I'd like to do, is trigger and stop sequences (either whole patterns or each separate track) at specified points in Studio One, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Are there any other Model Cycles (or any groovebox users) who know how to do stuff like this? Sometimes, I find the groovebox workflow easier to write with, rather than in DAW. But I also want to be able to utlise those patterns when putting full tracks together.

Application Studio One 5.4.1.66992 Win x64
System Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19044
CPU Model Intel64 Family 6 Model 140 Stepping 1
CPU Speed 2.42 GHz
CPU Cores 8
RAM 8.00 GB

-Studio One 5.4.1.66992
-Studio 26 interface (2 channel).
by Tacman7 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:28 pm
You're running it as a slave right now?

Turn CLK IN on and make sure you're sending midi clock from S1.

Noticed about 3 pages of midi settings in their manual:
Might go through them, sound interesting.

12.3.1 SYNC
Controls how Model:Cycles receives and sends MIDI clock and transport commands. Use LEVEL/DATA
to browse and change the settings.
CLK IN will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles respond to MIDI clock and MIDI transport messages
sent from external devices.
CLK OUT will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles transmit MIDI clock and MIDI transport messages.
PCH IN will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles respond to incoming program change messages,
which is useful when wanting to select patterns externally. You set the MIDI channel for the program
change messages in the MIDI CHANNELS menu. For more information, please see “12.3.2 IN CHAN”
on page 44.

PCH OUT will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles send program change messages when one
pattern changes to another. You set the MIDI channel for the program change messages in the MIDI
CHANNELS menu. For more information, please see “12.3.3 OUT CHAN” on page 44.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by lukecapitani on Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm
Tacman7 wroteYou're running it as a slave right now?

Turn CLK IN on and make sure you're sending midi clock from S1.

Noticed about 3 pages of midi settings in their manual:
Might go through them, sound interesting.

12.3.1 SYNC
Controls how Model:Cycles receives and sends MIDI clock and transport commands. Use LEVEL/DATA
to browse and change the settings.
CLK IN will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles respond to MIDI clock and MIDI transport messages
sent from external devices.
CLK OUT will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles transmit MIDI clock and MIDI transport messages.
PCH IN will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles respond to incoming program change messages,
which is useful when wanting to select patterns externally. You set the MIDI channel for the program
change messages in the MIDI CHANNELS menu. For more information, please see “12.3.2 IN CHAN”
on page 44.

PCH OUT will, when set to ON, make Model:Cycles send program change messages when one
pattern changes to another. You set the MIDI channel for the program change messages in the MIDI
CHANNELS menu. For more information, please see “12.3.3 OUT CHAN” on page 44.

Yes, Model Cycles running as slave, from Studio One as master. I've managed to locate those settings, but currently it plays a whole pattern, from '0' in the Studio One Instrument track.
I just need to figure out how to play/stop the Model Cycles patterns at specific points on the Studio One timeline. I don't really need to program pattern changes yet, as I can select those manually.

Application Studio One 5.4.1.66992 Win x64
System Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19044
CPU Model Intel64 Family 6 Model 140 Stepping 1
CPU Speed 2.42 GHz
CPU Cores 8
RAM 8.00 GB

-Studio One 5.4.1.66992
-Studio 26 interface (2 channel).

3 posts
Page 1 of 1