10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I opened a song in Studio One this morning, everything works as usual. I open the same song this evening, suddenly Studio One reports all my Waves plugins as missing devices. They still show in my plugin list, the still show in the mixer (but are marked red).

I didn't to anything in the meantime, installed no updates, in fact, the computer was shut off.

Any idea what happened here and how to get the plugins back??

Studio One 5 Pro (latest version)
Win 10 i5-9600K 32GB RAM 1 TB SSD
by graytermedia on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:48 pm
Same thing here over the weekend. I opened a ticket and have not heard anything back. I believe there was a recent Waves Central update and that may be the culprit.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by robertgray3 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:05 pm
Have you tried going to the Plug-in Manager view and using the Re-scan feature? Sometimes that will fix this issue with Waves specifically.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by gregghart on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Yep. Just close out of Studio One. Go into Waves Central. Sign into it. Let it authenticate you. Close it. Open Studio One. They should be working again. happens to me once in a while too. That's all I have to do. I think the license key is getting corrupted.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by pr0phet on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:31 pm
gregghart wroteYep. Just close out of Studio One. Go into Waves Central. Sign into it. Let it authenticate you. Close it. Open Studio One. They should be working again. happens to me once in a while too. That's all I have to do. I think the license key is getting corrupted.

Tried that, didn't work for me.

Also, the problem ocurred before I updated Waves Central. When the problem started, I logged into Waves Central, which updated then. All my plugins in there show as aktivated.

by robertgray3 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:02 pm
Usually I do exactly what gregghart described and then update in the Plug-in Manager window.

One time I had to use the "repair" feature in Waves Central but I don't remember if it was directly related to missing devices or just to get the right updated versions to install properly.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by pr0phet on Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:10 am
I did the following steps:

- I used the repair function in Waves Central
- I deactivated all plugins in Waves Central and activated them again
- I rest the plugin blacklist in Studio One

Still the same problem. I have urgent client work with a deadline tomorrow - so any ideas how I can fix this??

by pr0phet on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:50 am
Fixed it. Called Waves Support, they were really helpful. MS Redistributables were the problem, some of them needed to be reinstalled, then it worked.

by graytermedia on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 am
Yep. That was my issue as well. Here are the steps.

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

I suggest following the next steps:
- Quit all applications.
- Make sure all the latest windows updates are installed.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables.
- Now, go through each folder and run all the Application files, one by one. Select the 'Repair' option to repair all of them.
- If prompted to restart, you can skip that until you finish all the files. Then restart.
- Launch your DAW and Load your plugins.

In case you are getting any error messages please reply with a screenshot.

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 pm
pr0phet wroteFixed it. Called Waves Support, they were really helpful. MS Redistributables were the problem, some of them needed to be reinstalled, then it worked.

Exactly the same issue here. Happened last week to me. Typically, I check or reset the S1 block list. This time it wouldn't work (repeatedly). That had me stumped. I contacted Waves, support and they reinstalled or repaired MS Redistributables. Just so happens, there was a Windows update which occurred immediately after that very first sign of no Waves plugins. As with you -pr0phet, the Waves plugins were in my plugin list but not able to open. Waves Support was super helpful. Until then, I never had an issue with Waves plugins with Studio One.

Glad you, graytermedia, and myself got it sorted. This was a unique one.
Issue [solved]. :+1

P.s. Yes, there was also a Waveshell update, but it's still version 12, and did not change any Waves plugin paths.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

10 posts
Page 1 of 1