16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,hope you are all safe and doing OK :)

This might sound a bit weird, and its related to Studio One 5 ,
but here goes,
I have not been too good in the last year suffering from anxiety etc, trying my best to keep going
but its been really tough. if I'm honest, lost interest in my love of music and here in particular, Studio One 5
Working here in the UK as an essential worker in retail,its been really tough too
Feeling much better now,thankfully

So how do I get back in the saddle,now? I have forgot a lot of stuff,lol
I have a couple of tutorials to start brushing up with

But maybe other tutorials?Lots of kind encouragement and poking by you nice people? :D
any advice would be welcome, :)
Cheers
David

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by IanM5 on Mon May 17, 2021 12:36 pm
David, I feel for you. It was a tough time for all of us, including me, and if (please no) we end up with another lockdown I'm not sure I could do it. But I'm optimistic that vaccines will be our saviour.

And it's a timely post because today in the UK it's unofficially National Hug Day.
So I'm going to kick things off by sending you a virtual hug. Admittedly it's a big, fat, bald-headed, beardy, sweaty, hairy-arsed man hug but I'm not giving you any choice in the matter.

Just start messing with S1 and most of it will come back to you. And if it doesn't then I'll send you another BFBHBSHA man hug. It's your choice but choose wisely. :D Just make some music, good or bad. Load up some of your old stuff. Just do anything to see if the creative juices start running again. :thumbup:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by graytermedia on Mon May 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Wow. I guess I'm not the only one. I thought at the start of lockdown that I'd finally have all the time I wanted to dig in and work on music, I mean, I didn't have to go to the office, right? The day job was THE ONLY THING keeping me from my musical aspirations. Yeah.... Lockdown hit most of us hard. I lost interest in music for a while too. Thankfully, I'm starting to get my mojo back.

As was already said, just jump in and start playing. You'll get your groove back - literally and figuratively...

Best of luck to you and everyone.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by reggie1979beatz on Mon May 17, 2021 1:26 pm
davidspencerbarker wroteHello everyone,hope you are all safe and doing OK :)

This might sound a bit weird, and its related to Studio One 5 ,
but here goes,
I have not been too good in the last year suffering from anxiety etc, trying my best to keep going
but its been really tough. if I'm honest, lost interest in my love of music and here in particular, Studio One 5
Working here in the UK as an essential worker in retail,its been really tough too
Feeling much better now,thankfully

So how do I get back in the saddle,now? I have forgot a lot of stuff,lol
I have a couple of tutorials to start brushing up with

But maybe other tutorials?Lots of kind encouragement and poking by you nice people? :D
any advice would be welcome, :)
Cheers
David

Man, there are BAZILLIONS of things on Studio One on the net. Just look it up, Joe Gilder, Gregor and Markus will be your new best friends soon :lol:

Bye......:roll:
by davidspencerbarker on Mon May 17, 2021 1:39 pm
IanM5 wroteDavid, I feel for you. It was a tough time for all of us, including me, and if (please no) we end up with another lockdown I'm not sure I could do it. But I'm optimistic that vaccines will be our saviour.

And it's a timely post because today in the UK it's unofficially National Hug Day.
So I'm going to kick things off by sending you a virtual hug. Admittedly it's a big, fat, bald-headed, beardy, sweaty, hairy-arsed man hug but I'm not giving you any choice in the matter.

Just start messing with S1 and most of it will come back to you. And if it doesn't then I'll send you another BFBHBSHA man hug. It's your choice but choose wisely. :D Just make some music, good or bad. Load up some of your old stuff. Just do anything to see if the creative juices start running again. :thumbup:

:shock: :mrgreen: thanks a lot for the encouragement,sending you a virtual hug too :D
well I took a deep breath and managed to route my Omnisphere into the mixer
Good times are here again (cannot wait for Halloween,lol)
Last edited by davidspencerbarker on Mon May 17, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
by davidspencerbarker on Mon May 17, 2021 1:42 pm
graytermedia wroteWow. I guess I'm not the only one. I thought at the start of lockdown that I'd finally have all the time I wanted to dig in and work on music, I mean, I didn't have to go to the office, right? The day job was THE ONLY THING keeping me from my musical aspirations. Yeah.... Lockdown hit most of us hard. I lost interest in music for a while too. Thankfully, I'm starting to get my mojo back.

As was already said, just jump in and start playing. You'll get your groove back - literally and figuratively...

Best of luck to you and everyone.

tg

Thank you very much ,best of luck to you too.We will get out of this awful and devastating pandemic!

by davidspencerbarker on Mon May 17, 2021 1:47 pm
Thank you everyone for your support :D

Well I had an eureka moment,so the shoots of interest are growing now :lol:

And have just sat here,at my desk and managed ssuccessfully to route Omnisphere to the mixer, :D

I can't wait for Halloween,my favorite time of the year for spooky music,I do nice stuff too btw :mrgreen:

by graytermedia on Mon May 17, 2021 2:41 pm
davidspencerbarker wroteThank you everyone for your support :D

Well I had an eureka moment,so the shoots of interest are growing now :lol:

And have just sat here,at my desk and managed ssuccessfully to route Omnisphere to the mixer.

That's it. Just do it. In fact, the thing that helped me the most (and this may seem counter intuitive in this forum) was NOT using S1 and the computer. I just sat in at my Yamaha MODX and played. It was fun just surfing through patches and not having to mouse around and wait for samples to load. But, if that's all you have, load up Omnisphere and go to town.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by davidspencerbarker on Mon May 17, 2021 2:52 pm
Just starting to get my creative juices going,he,he

by daniellesaux on Tue May 18, 2021 3:25 am
If you're feeling inclined to jump back into Studio One, I would say that's a very encouraging sign!

I forgot who said this but I always thought it was good advice: "Before you self diagnose yourself with anxiety or depression, first make sure you're not in fact surrounded by a bunch of idiots." Sometimes it's not you, it's them!

I wish you lots of luck and hope you have fun creating and making music!

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net
by davidspencerbarker on Tue May 18, 2021 5:22 am
Thanks a lot

Really appreciate the support and encouragement

by IanM5 on Tue May 18, 2021 10:19 am
daniellesaux wrote
I forgot who said this but I always thought it was good advice: "Before you self diagnose yourself with anxiety or depression, first make sure you're not in fact surrounded by a bunch of idiots."

Oh no. I've just realised that WE might be the bunch of idiots in that saying. <gulp> :lol: :lol:

@David. Omnisphere - great choice! :thumbup:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by davidspencerbarker on Tue May 18, 2021 1:28 pm
IanM5 wrote
daniellesaux wrote
I forgot who said this but I always thought it was good advice: "Before you self diagnose yourself with anxiety or depression, first make sure you're not in fact surrounded by a bunch of idiots."

Oh no. I've just realised that WE might be the bunch of idiots in that saying. <gulp> :lol: :lol:

Its all good :D

Yeah Omnisphere is awesome,so deep you might need scuba gear :lol:
Oh btw Matt Bowdler (The Unfinished) makes amazing sounding 3rd party libraries for Omnisphere, and others
Check him out sometime

by ianaeillo on Tue May 18, 2021 9:36 pm
Hey it’s been nuts, you know? I go through extreme highs and wild lows. I sorta beat the stale feeling by selling all my rack gear and buying all new weird stuff. It’s been great to get me out of the rut. Keep your head up!

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by davidspencerbarker on Wed May 19, 2021 7:34 am
Hello
Sometimes you got to make these changes,to give your self a boost.
Keep on trucking as they say

by daniellesaux on Sun May 23, 2021 2:36 pm
IanM5 wrote
daniellesaux wrote

No, that's not what I meant at all.. :) I meant in the OP's personal life.. But you already knew that! :thumbup:

Peace!

Dan

PreSonus Studio One Professional 6.0.1
Windows 11 Home Edition 64 bit
Rocket Lake Z590 Desktop PC with Intel i5-11600K processor @ 4.60 GHz / 32G RAM
Intel UHD Graphics 750
LG Full HD Monitor 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba HDWD110 1TB System Drive and HDWD110 1TB Audio File Drive, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB and Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB Samples Drives, Seagate BUP Slim BK 2TB USB Backup Drive
PreSonus 1824C Audio Interface
PreSonus Faderport 2018
PreSonus Studio Channel, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, KT-2A and 76-KT
Check out my website http://www.dlsmusic.net

16 posts
Page 1 of 1