7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can anyone provide/point me towards info on how to setup an external device to control selecting and arming tracks and track volume in Studio One?

I've got two different fader controller devices, a Behringer X-Touch Compact and an iCON iControls, and normally I just use them as CC controllers.

But I want to use one of them to control track volume, and track selection, so I can quickly switch between VI tracks while recording.

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by Tacman7 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:35 pm
This is what you need to read up on.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/C ... l_Link.htm

I have a little nano Kontrol korg thing that has 8 faders and pans but it came all setup.

Same with my Impact keyboard, so haven't used Control link but that's the mechanism that hooks your controls to your software.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Trucky on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:42 pm
I'm not seeing either of those devices specifically listed in Studio One's external device list. However, you can check with those vendors to see if they include device support for Studio One. PreSonus definitely supports what you're asking for and then some (motorized faders, automation, etc.) with their FaderPort series:
https://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/control-surfaces

The KORG nanoKONTROL 2 is another good controller with Studio One device file support worth checking out:
https://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/nanokontrol2/

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jw31 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:08 am
Got it. That was what I needed in the manual after some reading.

It took me awhile to find out I had to both switch to Mackie Mode and actually setup my Behringer XTC as a Mackie in the add device list. But that did it.

In Mackie mode I can control volume, record, stop, solo, etc. but not control CCs.

In regular mode I can control CCs, and Control Link map to volume automation, but other controls like record, play, arm, etc. do not appear mappable.

I'd guess there's probably a feature request out there somewhere to integrate the abilities of both modes. It'd be nice to be able to do both CC control and have the thing perform as a mixer controller.

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by jw31 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:11 am
I also can't figure out how to get the motorized faders to follow the software faders after recording a piece, but it's not a big deal, just would be nice if I could get it going then that function would have some use.

whitepianos.blogspot.com
by patm300e on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:57 am
Let me qualify this by saying I don't own the XTC. I have the XTouch.

I did find this in a quick google search:
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... rol.79515/
Hope the link helps. Also hope the below document helps.

I uploaded an Xtouch manual for Presonus 4.01 a while ago. It is here:

Attachments
Studio One - Xtouch.pdf
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by jw31 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:34 pm
Thanks what that fellow did with the MIDI OX was quite interesting, I will probably try it myself.

whitepianos.blogspot.com

7 posts
Page 1 of 1