2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am trying to record in an instrument track from my HP207 digital piano. I don't care about playing out via the HP207. Is this an external instrument or an external keyboard ? I have tried it as an external keyboard, and the sustain pedal doesn't work. I am also getting extra notes - and I have disabled Local Control. Any suggestions ? Thanks.
by Jemusic on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:39 am
Looks like drivers need to installed for Mac and Windows. Have you done that and the correct ones. Here:

https://www.roland.com/au/products/hp-207/downloads/

If you are using it to receive midi data into Studio One it needs to be in External Instruments setup as a Keyboard. (Icon is little keyboard) RECEIVE FROM needs to be set as the keyboard. SEND TO set to NONE.

I assume you are using the USB port.

Local ON/OFF if set to OFF will only stop the internal sounds from being triggered from its own keyboard.

Check at the little midi connector icon bottom left of Studio One while playing the sustain pedal. If the left arrow pointing right flashes when you press the sustain pedal then the data is being sent (and received) and it should record and playback correctly.

If you want to send Midi data to the piano to playback you will need to create a second thing in External Devices and that is an Instrument (Icon slider with two little knobs on it) Set SEND To to the piano and RECEIVE FROM to NONE. Then you have got playback.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

2 posts
Page 1 of 1