4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a bunch of old MIDI files that I want to play around with. Some dating back to the 90's. LOL

I can load the file and it maps the instruments to Presence instruments and plays fine. But I'd like to change the instruments. So I started with the bass track, changing it to another Presence instrument. Then when I play the file approximately 10% of the notes on that track actually fire.

It does the same with other tracks and files.... as soon as I change form one presence instrument to another notes stop sounding even though they are in the piano roll and played with the original Presence instrument.

Any ideas? This is happening in 5.1, it was also happening in 5.0, and 4.x; I just didn't get around to playing with it. I just purchased a Roland Juno DS and am spending more time on music. :)

Thanks,
Lou
by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:42 pm
lousyracuse wrote
I can load the file and it maps the instruments to Presence instruments and plays fine.

Are you loading a song file with midi in it or you're opening a midi file in S1?

Files can have embedded program changes in them, I thought that was going to be the problem.

Can you post one you're having problems with?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5 Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer - Microkey Air
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2
by lousyracuse on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:23 pm
I think I figured it out...

I loaded the file into Sonar and and played ok too. I took a look at the event view (PLEASE can we have this feature in Studio One!!) and they were very low even for a bass part. I transposed the track up an octave and saved it. Loaded it back into Studio one and it played, then changed the instrument to a bass guitar again and sure enough the notes were playing again.

I'm thinking that those notes were so low they couldn't be played by the bass instrument, but they could be on the synth bass instrument. And of course I picked the bass track first because I am a bass player. LOL

Now I know what to look for in the future.
by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 pm
Glad you got it sorted!

Good to put your specs in your signature(click below in my signature)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5 Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer - Microkey Air
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2

4 posts
Page 1 of 1