11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Studio One 5 Professional (and also 4 professional as well). I just upgraded to Mojave (10.14) from High Sierra (10.13) and now neither will open. Launching studio One cause it to go through it's loading window, it scans plugins etc. and then just crashes. Nothing appears strange in loading screen except it does now say my "Rewire System is too old (at least 1.8.7 is required)". Not sure if that is related, I don't think I have ever used rewire in my life and it doesn't make sense to me that that would cause this, but I dunno.

I use Studio One every day this is an enormous problem for me. I could upgrade to Catalina to see if that fixes it, but I've heard about compatibility issues with some plugins and was hesitant to do that. I thought about installing Studio One completely and reinstalling... not sure what the best way forward is, if someone has experienced this issue or knows a fix, please let me know!

I attached a screen record of the it opening and then crashing to this post. The line item it crashes on is "starting hardware integration". The only 'hardware' I have is my interface, an apogee Symphony I/O, but I tried disconnecting it, it made no difference.

Logic X opens fine! Some info about my machine: Mac pro late 2013 'trash can' 3Ghz 8-core, 64GB RAM.

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Studio One Crashes.mov [ 9.5 MiB | Viewed 328 times ]

by Jemusic on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 pm
Is your Apple Audio/Midi Utility app working OK?

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by kurtschneider3 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:11 am
Yes the Audio/Midi Setup appears normal as far as I can tell
by SwitchBack on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Check your System Preferences - Security & Privacy settings. Studio One needs access to Contacts (dunno why) and Microphone (for audio). See if that fixes the startup problem.

You don’t need to upgrade Rewire when you’re not using it.

Don’t upgrade to Catalina (yet).
by kurtschneider3 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 am
Hey! I checked the security and privacy thing and I guess I already gave Studio One access to both microphone and contacts... I don't even remember doing that but I guess I must have clicked 'Ok' somewhere. In any case it still crashes at the same point, "starting hardware integration"

I doubt this actually has to do with my interface or outboard hardware since the problem is the same even if everything is disconnected, the computer is restarted, whatever. I've now read a lot of forum posts but nothing seems to have worked :/

I did attempt to reinstall Studio One 4 (for some reason I didn't want to touch 5 just yet), made no difference both 4 and 5 crash at same point
by mivey on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:31 am
I'm going to take a blind guess and suggest the upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave may be the culprit or at least contributing to a portion of your issues.

I installed SO4 on Mojave and it worked fine albeit having some issues here and there with access permissions, plugin support and etc. The usual and sometimes expected types of issues. I upgraded again from Mojave to Catalina and again had the usual types of issues to contend with but it's working for me now.

I also have a system running High Sierra and has run both v4 and v5 on SO without any major issues.

As a test, rename your plugin directories and launch either SO4 or SO5 and see if either them will load without crashing. If they load, the crashes are likely due to one or some of your plugins and you'll need to focus attention there.

Also keep in mind that SO5 has no support for 32-bit plugins so that will be another area to address moving to SO5. If you have 32-bit plugins and attempt to load SO5 you will definitely have some headaches in that area as well.

My advise, take a phased approach to resolve your issues starting with the plugins first.

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by kurtschneider3 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:51 pm
mivey! thank you, I renamed the plug-in folder and now at least Studio One will open! Of course no plug-ins are connected though...

Now I guess the tedious process of adding back folders of plugins bit by bit to de-bug this thing.. but hey at least it can open now, thank you
by kurtschneider3 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:09 pm
Replying for anyone who encounters a similar problem in the future. The issue was the VST3 component for Melodyne, melodyne.vst3. When I removed this S1 opened without issue. I removed all instances of melodyne on my computer and just reinstalled it. Now Studio One is opening fine and melodyne seems to work fine.

Thanks to mivey for guiding me down the right path to diagnose this problem!
by roland1 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 pm
That's an ironic twist considering how closely Melodyne works with Presonus to integrate their plugin. You'd figure it would be some other culprit.

Glad you discovered the problem cause it'll probably help someone else down the line. Maybe even me if I move stuff to Mohave.

I use: Studio One Pro v5 on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and 4.61 on a Mac Pro Tower (Sierra) w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.

Author: Reality Checks for Everyday Life — Keeping it real in a world of illusions. I can also be found loitering at: http://RolandK.ca

Attention all shoppers: The people in commercials are paid actors.
by mivey on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:02 pm
kurtschneider3 wroteReplying for anyone who encounters a similar problem in the future. The issue was the VST3 component for Melodyne, melodyne.vst3. When I removed this S1 opened without issue. I removed all instances of melodyne on my computer and just reinstalled it. Now Studio One is opening fine and melodyne seems to work fine.

Thanks to mivey for guiding me down the right path to diagnose this problem!

Glad to hear things are working for you now. If you happen to know the version of Melodyne you're running and would provide it; that would help. If you don't have the most current version you may want to acquire it.

I use Melodyne Studio version extensively but I know their current version of Essentials (if that's what you're running) should be working with Studio One as well.

Now go and make some music! ;)

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 5
by kurtschneider3 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm
I was using Melodyne 4 essential before I believe, I have never purchased melodyne, just used what came built into S1. After removing the problem melodyne.vst3 and all melodyne components, I have now reinstalled Melodyne 5 essential, which I guess I could have done months ago when I upgraded to Studio One 5. Worked on a project today and no issues. Melodyne seemed like a weird culprit to me as well, but anyway weird bug, hope it helps someone else who upgrades to Mojave out there! Cheers everyone 🍻

11 posts
Page 1 of 1