99 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
musicchamber wroteNo I'm not using Magnet. I'm wondering if it's to do with the Xeon processors. I am going to have to contact Presonus support and see if they can help, or provide any kind of solution.

I also set Studio One Pro to use Low resolution mode, but that did not solve the lag issue unfortunately.

Thanks with the suggestion though :)

Best,
Scott

Any news?
I'm surprised this hasn't been patched yet to be honest.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by musicchamber on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:06 am
Hi PreAi,

I have not been using Studio One much tbh recently, and did not originally post a ticket to Presonus Support.

I have just sent a support request to Presonus, and with the video showing what is happening on my system. I will report back when I have some news etc.

Best,
Scott

Studio One Professional v6.6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Sonoma, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by PreAl on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:48 pm
I suggest everybody experiencing this issue creates a ticket, that will probably fix it quicker.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by dmferenczi on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:35 am
Same issue here =( Playback is constantly lagging.. Audio is fine but gui slows down hangs for a sec constantly.

- MacOs Mojave latest
- S1 artists 4.5 latest with plugin support
- 2019 macbook pro 13" i5 8gb
by musicchamber on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:16 am
I'm still in touch with support and waiting on a response to my latest discovery of the problem I'm having.

This is what I have found...

So both my iMac Pro and my macMini have the same problem when a 2nd monitor (in my case a Apple Thunderbolt Display is used as a second monitor)

I tested a clean install of Mojave on my other Mac mini quad core I7 computer, and ran a two monitor setup using the Thunderbolt Display as a second monitor. Results:

Same issue, severe lag with graphics with open plugin windows, using Studio One Pro 4.5.4

BUT...

After doing extensive testing with various Studio One Pro versions on both computer systems I have discovered that the problem started when Studio One Pro v4.5 was released. ALSO prior to v4.5 versions 4.1.1 and 4.1.4 do not have any of the same issues.

So the problem started when version 4.5 Studio One pro was released and every other version since V4.5, and this is evident on two separate computer systems running the Mojave operating system (same version of Mojave on both computer systems.

Can anyone verify if they are also having the same issue with using two monitors (it would be even better if the 2nd monitor was a thunderbolt monitor).

Again no problems until Studio One Pro 4.5 was released, prior versions don't have the issue etc.
Also the severe lag of plugin windows does not happen if only using a single monitor (display).

See my uploaded vid earlier in this thread to explain what issues I am having when I say 'severe lag with open plugin windows')

Update
My support ticket has now been closed, and the details has been passed onto QA. So there might be a fix or there might not be a fix in future releases.

Best
Scott

Studio One Professional v6.6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Sonoma, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by ansolas on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:23 am
Just tested it on my macOS Installation. I get the same 'remote desktop' feeling when moving plugin Windows. Even resizing the mixer heights is laggy

Presonus StudioOne 6, Apple Logic
__
macOS, macMini M1 1TB SSD / 16 GB RAM,
MOTU M2, Behringer X-Touch & 2*X-Touch Extender,
https://ansolas.de
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 am

__
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:05 am
Here is a direct comparison of the Studio One Graphic Performance between macOS Mojave and a Parallels VM running Windows 10,
This is just a test to show it right beside each other and reveal that this laggy behavior is not hardware related since Studio One performs better in the VM than native macOS !

phpBB [video]

We tried that on multiple Mac's (iMac, MBP, ancient Mac Pro) and Hackintoshe's (Nvidia, AMD), they all have the same poor performance compared to Windows.
Most Mac users seams not even to be aware of this issue since they do not have a direct comparison.

__
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:15 am
Here another prove form someone else :
https://sendvid.com/4sztvdws

__
by PreAl on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:14 pm
ansolas wroteHere is a direct comparison of the Studio One Graphic Performance between macOS Mojave and a Parallels VM running Windows 10,
This is just a test to show it right beside each other and reveal that this laggy behavior is not hardware related since Studio One performs better in the VM than native macOS !

phpBB [video]

We tried that on multiple Mac's (iMac, MBP, ancient Mac Pro) and Hackintoshe's (Nvidia, AMD), they all have the same poor performance compared to Windows.
Most Mac users seams not even to be aware of this issue since they do not have a direct comparison.

That's pretty good. Try emailing support with this video I suggest.

by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:34 pm
PreAl wroteThat's pretty good. Try emailing support with this video I suggest.

I opened a ticket, Request #565395

However my current experience with the support of presonus is that they first refuse to accept that there is an issue and only after delivering exact evidence they just confirm and say , ok that's a bug, we have no clue when or if it get fixed and that it was forwarded to QA

Same on Facebook, sometimes it feels that people are blind and it escalates into fanboyism.
Instead of gathering information people try to find the issue at a totally wrong place.

__
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:44 pm
Sidenote, not macOS related but nice to know.
Under Windows there are also multiple Graphic bug's (I have posted 2 both confirmed)
eg this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqLLHXb ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8upcTpj ... e=youtu.be

__
by PreAl on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:19 pm
ansolas wrote
PreAl wroteThat's pretty good. Try emailing support with this video I suggest.

I opened a ticket, Request #565395

However my current experience with the support of presonus is that they first refuse to accept that there is an issue and only after delivering exact evidence they just confirm and say , ok that's a bug, we have no clue when or if it get fixed and that it was forwarded to QA

Same on Facebook, sometimes it feels that people are blind and it escalates into fanboyism.
Instead of gathering information people try to find the issue at a totally wrong place.

Yeah not big fan on Facebook forums. I was a member of about 4. I noticed some bloke posted twice about some minor issue on one FB forum, and posted the same issue on all the other forums, and here. When I let this be known on the first FB forum I was told this was the admins mate and I got a warning... So I decided to just stop FB altogether. Can't be bothered.

by robertgray3 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm
ansolas wrotemy current experience with the support of presonus is that they first refuse to accept that there is an issue and only after delivering exact evidence they just confirm and say , ok that's a bug, we have no clue when or if it get fixed and that it was forwarded to QA

Somewhat agreed, I think many software companies (not just a Presonus thing by any means) get overwhelmed with tickets and internal projects and this frustration shows in their correspondence. Which to an end user is confusing, because I don't see their daily to-do list nor does it really matter to me. I would just like to report an issue, be thanked for bothering to figure out the issue, and have it be acknowledged in a way that they'll actually keep track of and eventually be able to fix.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:37 pm
PreAl wroteSo I decided to just stop FB altogether. Can't be bothered.

I think that is a great idea ! :thumbup:

__
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:39 pm
robertgray3 wrotech to an end user is confusing, because I don't see their daily to-do list nor does it really matter to me. I would just like to report an issue, be thanked for bothering to figure out the issue, and have it be acknowledged in a way that they'll actually keep track of and eventually be able to fix.
totally agree. And I totally agree that the support get tired to explain basic things. Hopefully our endurance and competence speaks for it self :thumbup:

__
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:44 pm
left all presonus groups on fb now

__
by Jemusic on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:02 pm
ansolas wroteHere is a direct comparison of the Studio One Graphic Performance between macOS Mojave and a Parallels VM running Windows 10,

phpBB [video]

They both look pretty similar to me. Which is which? I am working between an iMac and Windows all the time and to be honest not really noticed any major differences in graphic performance at all. You may be getting lost in minutiae here instead of making music.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:29 pm
Jemusic wrote

phpBB [video]

They both look pretty similar to me. Which is which? I am working between an iMac and Windows all the time and to be honest not really noticed any major differences in graphic performance at all. You may be getting lost in minutiae here instead of making music.

Right side is Windows 10 running in a Paallels VM. on teh left is Studio one running native under macOS Mojave.
you don't see the difference ? :shock:
Than be happy and just make music and ...

minutiae ?!
:thumbdown:
Last edited by ansolas on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

__
by PreAl on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:31 pm
Lol maybe you better sign up to Facebook again. "Making music" joker has been engaged!

Anyway it's clear there is a issue look at this video, the thing to take account here is he's running windows in a virtual machine. If there is any lag it should be in the VM itself by a country mile. Instead it's on the base operating system. That's a good demo.

Not only that there are enough people complaining about it here.

99 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5