10 posts
Page 1 of 1
So, at the core of my issue is that 'Import Song Data' doesn't import busses that are on instrument output auxs. For example, I use SSD5 (steven slate drums 5) and I have all the outs separated so I can add plugins on specific drum pieces (like the snare for example)... the issue is that when I do import song data, it will import the midi file and all the outputs for SSD5 but if I have the toms going to a TOM buss, it doesnt do the buss.

Is there anyway to get the busses to come over that are associated with the instrument outs ??? Or is there a way to make all the instrument outs show up as a 'track'??
by Tacman7 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:45 pm
Are you able to set it up just like you want it?

You could start your song with that setup using a template.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by darrenporter1 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:58 pm
Please up-vote the feature request I made here....

https://answers.presonus.com/37488/add- ... -song-data

Two other glaring omissions (IMHO) to Import Song Data functionality as well for your consideration to up-vote...

Mix View Scenes not available via ISD...
https://answers.presonus.com/37489/add- ... -song-data

...aaaannndddd.... no VCA's in ISD either....
https://answers.presonus.com/37487/add- ... -song-data

Thanks!

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Nip on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 pm
powerkor wroteSo, at the core of my issue is that 'Import Song Data' doesn't import busses that are on instrument output auxs. For example, I use SSD5 (steven slate drums 5) and I have all the outs separated so I can add plugins on specific drum pieces (like the snare for example)... the issue is that when I do import song data, it will import the midi file and all the outputs for SSD5 but if I have the toms going to a TOM buss, it doesnt do the buss.

Is there anyway to get the busses to come over that are associated with the instrument outs ??? Or is there a way to make all the instrument outs show up as a 'track'??

I solved this issue like this(in my case Superior Drummer 2). in doing in source projects.

I have seven separate stereo out for, kick, snare, toms, hihat, overhead, and two I call room and character that are combination of room mikes and close up mikes. And these outs are routed into a bus.

So always doing like this, anything will be accessible in import song data.
Here it goes
a) In arrange view create a track folder
b) put instrument track in folder
c) put the bus in the folder
c) assign the folder out to where bus go

And this create an entity that is visible for import song data.

I usually do this to project that I use as track templates, but if sticking to this principle - busses in folder for the purpose, and folder to where busses go - this seem to work nicely.

This works for any busses - put in folder and folder to where bus go.

I don't think it's necessary to put everything routed to a bus in folder as well, but often that is practical in that they belong together.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by gwp9999 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 am
Can't wait to try this...

HP 870 3.40 ghz Intel Core i7-6700 16gb Ram, Win10-64
by Lawrence on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 am
Right click Edit Automation for Busses and VCA's which will make arrange automation tracks for them and they'll list in the ISD dialog track list for import. Technically speaking, Busses and VCA's aren't tracks, they're channels, so they don't show up in the ISD track list in the dialog.

Or, check Options > Advanced > Automation > Automatically create automation tracks for channels and it will always happen by default.
by darrenporter1 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 am
That's good to know it can be done, but they are technically "song data" that we should be able to "import" without going through workarounds and adding stuff that we may not need.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Nip on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:04 am
The distinction track or channel - I wonder how many feel there is a difference other than that busses don't hold clips.

The mystery is why devs made a distinction between these when doing Import Song Data?
Just one and not the other.

The need for track template idea is ancient, kind of. All major daws have it.

Thanks to lawrence that extended understanding a bit.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Lawrence on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 am
darrenporter1 wrote..., but they are technically "song data" that we should be able to "import" without going through workarounds and adding stuff that we may not need.

If you look at the ISD dialog it quite literally says "Tracks" there in the list, Arrange tracks are tracks, and mixer channels are channels. Of course, audio tracks are both at same time. It's just the "1.0 iteration" of that new feature where they didn't yet include mixer bus channels.

Nothing to disagree about or debate really, that's just how it currently works and the FR for the other stuff has been on Answers since the feature first released in May in 4.0 so vote it up ...

https://answers.presonus.com/28860/s1v4 ... 860#q28860

https://answers.presonus.com/29216/more ... 216#q29216
by Nip on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:09 pm
Lawrence wroteNothing to disagree about or debate really, that's just how it currently works and the FR for the other stuff has been on Answers since the feature first released in May in 4.0 so vote it up ...

Well, it seems it is through debates here that any feature requests gets any attention at all.
Not much activity over there.

So I think we stick to debating...and one thing that is a bit cumbersome is that you have to login again everytime you go over to that apartment with feature requests and questions.

Here on forum you just come back and you are logged in - day after day. smooth to participate.

So maybe that is a feature request for Presonus to think about?
Figure out how to capture login credentials over at Questions/Feature Requests.

Why do we have to login separately everytime to vote????

10 posts
Page 1 of 1