8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Yo guys,

I raised this request 2+ years ago and with it sitting at a measely 10 upvotes—I'm not expecting to see this any time soon haha. :|

The general idea is some plugins span across multiple categories (i.e. Slate VMR could be under "Compressor" or "Console" or "EQ" etc) but plugins are currently restricted to single folders only.

http://answers.presonus.com/8158/browse ... 8158#q8158

It's driving my OCD mad, and I end-up rewiring FL Studio just to use their browser looool :shock:

Don't suppose any code whizz's know how to soft "hack" the browser so you can add plugins to more than one folder? Technically, it can't be too hard!

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this. Ok, not me. My OCD does. :D

Thankssssss
Last edited by jcbiffro on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Skaperverket on Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 am
Yes, that VMR can be a pain.

The folder structure of the plug-in browser in S1 is stored in an XML file, if I remember correctly, and this file can be edited (have done it before to remove stuck "ghost folders"). Perhaps something could be changed in this file to make a plug-in appear twice (haven't tried).

You could also just make a folder called "Channel Strips" or similar, and try to remember what's there. If presets are stored in S1 nested under each plug-in with folders like "EQ", "Compressor" and "Console" it could perhaps be useful to you.

Perhaps niles knows more?

Edit: Here's a brilliant niles post in a thread about the stuck folders I mentioned, where XML file location is described: viewtopic.php?p=73263#p73263

Self-built PC (Asus WS X299 Pro, Intel Core i9 7940X [14/28 cores @4.7GHz], 64 GB RAM, 2 × 500 GB 850 Evo SSD, 1 × 1 TB SM961 NVMe, Gigabyte GTX 1050 2G), Windows 10 1607, S1 3.5.4, RME HDSPe RayDAT (PCIe).

MacBook Pro (15" Mid 2014: Intel Core i7 4870HQ, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD), OS X 10.11.6, S1 3.5.4,
Lynx Hilo (USB).
by jcbiffro on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 am
Skaperverket wroteYes, that VMR can be a pain.

The folder structure of the plug-in browser in S1 is stored in an XML file, if I remember correctly, and this file can be edited (have done it before to remove stuck "ghost folders"). Perhaps something could be changed in this file to make a plug-in appear twice (haven't tried).

You could also just make a folder called "Channel Strips" or similar, and try to remember what's there. If presets are stored in S1 nested under each plug-in with folders like "EQ", "Compressor" and "Console" it could perhaps be useful to you.

Edit: Here's a brilliant niles post in a thread about the stuck folders I mentioned, where XML file location is described: viewtopic.php?p=73263#p73263

Dooooope. Lemme check this out—thanks! :thumbup:
by Skaperverket on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 am
jcbiffro wrote
Skaperverket wroteYes, that VMR can be a pain.

Dooooope. Lemme check this out—thanks! :thumbup:

Great! Remember to backup your XML file before editing it, in case you change too much. ;)

Self-built PC (Asus WS X299 Pro, Intel Core i9 7940X [14/28 cores @4.7GHz], 64 GB RAM, 2 × 500 GB 850 Evo SSD, 1 × 1 TB SM961 NVMe, Gigabyte GTX 1050 2G), Windows 10 1607, S1 3.5.4, RME HDSPe RayDAT (PCIe).

MacBook Pro (15" Mid 2014: Intel Core i7 4870HQ, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD), OS X 10.11.6, S1 3.5.4,
Lynx Hilo (USB).
by mikemanthei on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:24 pm
jcbiffro wroteDon't suppose any code whizz's know how to soft "hack" the browser so you can add plugins to more than one folder? Technically, it can't be too hard!

Forgive me for not trying this out before I post it. But I think if you make a copy of your VST / dll file and put it into different folders, then you can add it twice to your list. Put one in one folder and the copy in the other folder.
Studio One will display both of them as if they were different plugins. Just like it does if you installed both the vst2 and vst3 versions of the same plug in.

I'm about 6 miles away from my computer or I would have tried it before posting. But it seems like that should work. The trick would be to have your duplicates in a separate folder but then point Studio One to look at both folders for plugins.

Studio One v3 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20
6-core Windows 7 64bit - 2.8 GHZ - 8GB RAM - SSHD
Presonus FaderPort 8
by jcbiffro on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Awww.

I found the XML file with the browser settings in.

Duplicated a row—with the unique classID for the plugin. And renamed the dupe row folder to a different existing folder.

Saved the settings and relaunched Studio One.

The plugin didn't show in the second folder =/

Guess there's a restriction hard-coded somewhere. :cry:
by Skaperverket on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am
jcbiffro wroteAwww.

I found the XML file with the browser settings in.

Duplicated a row—with the unique classID for the plugin. And renamed the dupe row folder to a different existing folder.

Saved the settings and relaunched Studio One.

The plugin didn't show in the second folder =/

Guess there's a restriction hard-coded somewhere. :cry:

That's too bad. I certainly could see a use for this myself when it comes to a bunch of plug-ins. Your approach is the same as the one I would have used, so I have no other ideas. I doubt there are any other ways of doing this (in an OCD [or "OCD"] satisfactory manner), but perhaps niles or Lawrence will chime in. They always seem to see alternative solutions where others can't.

Personally, I have my VMR in a folder Channel Strips together with other strips like Metric Halo's CS, PreSonus' FatChannel etc. It's the most "OCD friendly" solution I have found. ;)

Lynx Hilo (USB).
by miked7 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am
There's a thread on here somewhere that describes how, under the folder view of the plugin browser, you can create the folders you want, then save a preset into that folder. I don't see why you couldn't save two or three presets of the same plugin into different folders. Maybe that'll get you closer.

---- - ----
Mike Derrick | Studio One Professional 3.5, Windows 10 Professional 64, Dell Craptop, Intel Core i3, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Tascam US2x2 Audio Interface
BandCamp
SoundCloud

8 posts
Page 1 of 1