163 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Time to get in before V4 comes out! Oh wait......

My wish is for the ability to export/import Sections ( as in the Arrange window, not sure if Sections is the correct name).

So you write your super composition Song with many tracks and stuff, and you want to take a Section (as in Arrange :) ) and plug it into a different Song - hence exoirt/import of sections.

For example, in my case I have a Song where the is a Section that don't quite fit, but I have another Song where it would do nicely as a bridge - so just want to kind of cut'n'paste it between Songs. That's all :D

...said Halo

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

(cough)

Studio One 3 Professional (v3.5.6)
Presonus addons, various
Rapture Session
AMT Xpand!2
Notion 6

Windows 10 Home 64-bit on:
3XS SQ370 - Music Studio PC:
FD-CA-NODE-304-B Mini-ITX Case
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac Motherboard
Intel Core i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666
250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe
1TB SATA HDD

Interface:
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (Gen 2)
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 am
barrywitt wroteIs there an expected release date for version 4 or are we just whistling Dixie in here? :D

Probably both. I am sure someone at Presonus knows, but they haven't told anyone yet.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by svenhedlund on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 am
thunderdan wroteI would love to see sample one turn into a legit sampler. Get rid of the goofy adsr controls for pitch and what not...why do I need to twist a knob to enable velocity chance, include realtime timestretch.

Presonus is primarily a hardware company right? Can we get a controller for the DAW? Not a motorized fader deal but something like the Push2 for live. Let me load samples, play, sequence, step sequence, and arrange WITHOUT A MOUSE....whoa

These were two of the main reasons that I more or less switched from Studio One to Live a year ago (I still use SO3 sometimes). Lives basic sampler "Simpler" has a great feature set and is easy to use and well integrated with Live.

Push 2 often lets me leave the computer keyboard for periods of time, increasing the ergonomics when producing. Presonus don't even have to create their own hardware controller - it would suffice to fix their APIs to make it possible for Nektartech to integrate their Panorama series (P1, P4, P6) as well as they have done for Reason, Cubase, Reaper etc. (http://answers.presonus.com/2746/full-i ... nektar-4-6)

phpBB [audio]
by ArKay99 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 pm
leosutherland wroteTime to get in before V4 comes out! Oh wait......

My wish is for the ability to export/import Sections ( as in the Arrange window, not sure if Sections is the correct name).

So you write your super composition Song with many tracks and stuff, and you want to take a Section (as in Arrange :) ) and plug it into a different Song - hence exoirt/import of sections.

For example, in my case I have a Song where the is a Section that don't quite fit, but I have another Song where it would do nicely as a bridge - so just want to kind of cut'n'paste it between Songs. That's all :D

Couldn't you export the section and tracks as stems and insert them into the other tune?

Mac Pro 6.1 32 gig 1866 memory, 512G internal PCIe SSD, 2-480G OWC 3G SSD's in Thunderbolt case, twin D300video cards, 2 x Raven MTi2's, Pro Tools 12.4 | HD, UAD Apollo, 2 UAD Thunderbolt Satellite Octo's, RME ADI-4 DD, Yosemite 10.10.5, Studio One 3.5.1, outboard hardware via AES (Bricasti M7, 2 x Lexicon PCM92, TC Electronics M350 though homemade SRC). Neve Portico 5012, 5043, Lot's and lots of plug ins, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments, VSL Special Edition Strings, DynAudio Bm6's and MB14S sub.
by DubLifeSD on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm
Any S4 sightings at Namm?!?

S1 v3.5 Pro / Ableton Live 9
Win 7 64bit / i7 2600K / 8gb ram
UR22 audio interface
by ritchieborg on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:14 pm
DubLifeSD wroteAny S4 sightings at Namm?!?

I'm not there but would also love some news! It's about time!

My guess is that they focus on hardware during namm since they say they are a hardware company foremost. And that S1 news will be in may, one year after the 3.5 release - that would be my guess. But I hope to be wrong and chocked soon :D
by Skaperverket on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm
There was a version 2.6, so hopefully there will be a version 3.6 as well.

Self-built PC (Asus WS X299 Pro, Intel Core i9 7940X [14/28 cores @4.7GHz], 64 GB RAM, 2 × 500 GB 850 Evo SSD, 1 × 1 TB SM961 NVMe, Gigabyte GTX 1050 2G), Windows 10 1607, S1 3.5.4, RME HDSPe RayDAT (PCIe).

MacBook Pro (15" Mid 2014: Intel Core i7 4870HQ, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD), OS X 10.11.6, S1 3.5.4,
Lynx Hilo (USB).
by Lawrence on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 pm
Just a random thought out of nowhere really after reading some NAMM news..

If were running a DAW company I'd actually plan not to release or announce a major DAW update during NAMM, which is the noisiest time with other companies releasing. I'd actually let that pass and let any new shiny daw toys of mine kinda stand alone with a better S/N ratio some time later.

But alas, if if I were actually running a DAW company they'd probably be bankrupt already since I wouldn't have a clue. :mrgreen:
by muziksculp on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 am
Here is something exciting from Winter NAMM News about Celemony and S1

Quote from rekkerd.org : "Celemony is holding out the prospect of the spring release of a version of Melodyne with ARA 2 – the beta-testing has already begun. ARA 2 was developed in collaboration with established as well as new ARA partners. The first implementations have already been announced: one development partner, Presonus, for example, is currently working on a version of Studio One featuring the new technology".

Here is the link to the webpage : https://rekkerd.org/celemony-announces-ara-2-at-namm-2018-melodyne-soon-in-logic/
by niles on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 am
ritchieborg wroteI'm not there but would also love some news! It's about time!
The good news is that the features Studio One users asked for, like track presets and retrospective MIDI record are implemented in a new version.
The bad news is, that new version is Pro Tools 2018.

OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 | HW: P9X79 • i7 3930K • 16GB • HD6450 (Dual DVI @ 1920x1080) • RME AIO
by ritchieborg on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 am
niles wrote
ritchieborg wroteI'm not there but would also love some news! It's about time!
The good news is that the features Studio One users asked for, like track presets and retrospective MIDI record are implemented in a new version.
The bad news is, that new version is Pro Tools 2018.

Haha yes! Saw that too on instagram. Hopefully S1 will bring all that and more when the time comes!
by Skaperverket on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 am
The new features in that new Logic Pro 10.4 look pretty neat as well. Good to see things still evolving in the DAW world.

Self-built PC (Asus WS X299 Pro, Intel Core i9 7940X [14/28 cores @4.7GHz], 64 GB RAM, 2 × 500 GB 850 Evo SSD, 1 × 1 TB SM961 NVMe, Gigabyte GTX 1050 2G), Windows 10 1607, S1 3.5.4, RME HDSPe RayDAT (PCIe).

MacBook Pro (15" Mid 2014: Intel Core i7 4870HQ, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD), OS X 10.11.6, S1 3.5.4,
Lynx Hilo (USB).
by WaterlooSunset on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 am
Track Templates would be at the very top if not the top for me. How about being able to browser a song file like i can a .mid file and just drag a track from any song into my current song. It would load everything from that track as far as plugs and settings.
Make everything in a song available in the pool to drag into another song. Browser by song, track, see presets, drag away.
Build a song the Colorform way.

Win 8.1, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, El Cheapo NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 480Gb SSD, 2x1TB WD Blacks. SYBA Firewire card SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. S1 Pro 3.5.4
Hobbiest - Mostly record guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, BFD Eco backing inst. GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4, Waves GR,
by SE.Verstraten on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:41 am
I expect it to be there in Spring as Celemony project to release ARA2 to the public then. And I would be very surprised if Studio One wasn't one of the first DAWs to have the implementation.

And I am curious how / if they will leverage the new protocol for the Studio One <> Notion integration
by ionian on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:09 pm
kenmatson wrote
Bub wrote
Sonar had this up to 8.5PE then they removed it from the track header with X1 along with the Stereo Interleave option as well. I stopped upgrading at X2 so I can't say after that,

SPLAT - it's there - gain on the tracks - gain and phase on the mixer.

no, he's talking about the phase and stereo interleave buttons, which were removed from track view with X1 and never put back, and quite frankly marked the beginning of the downfall for Sonar from a professional tool to a joke.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by dgkenney on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 pm
Lawrence wrote
But alas, if if I were actually running a DAW company they'd probably be bankrupt already since I wouldn't have a clue. :mrgreen:

It's your own fault for having Boscoe as both your CFO and Marketing SVP.

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson
And yet everyone wonders why, alone in your room with a laptop and a bunch of plugins, you can't compete

S1/3 Pro 64
***Lenovo i5 @ 3.1ghz running Windows 10 x64 Pro with Syba PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Card, TI Chipset, SD-PEX30009
*** Levono E520 with SYBA SD-EXPC34-2F 1394A Firewire 2-Port ExpressCard *** Win 10 x64 Pro
***MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880*** Digidesign Eleven Rack, PT 10*** Firestudio Mobile
by ShawnMH on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:24 pm
I would definitely love a PreSonus collaboration with Nektar to get deep (as deep as Cubase and Reason) S1 integration with Panorama P1.
by neiljordan1 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 am
Looking at the release history for Studio One, it seems likely (though obviously it's no more than educated guesswork) that v4 would be released between now & December, and v3.6 (if at all) would be released any time now.

I've posted a lot of this in another thread, but whilst I love S1, there are a few things I miss from Pro Tools, which S1 can't do. If they cover a good number of the top-voted feature requests, it will be a truly exceptional system.

Personally, some of my top wishlist items are the following (please vote for them if you haven't already!):

Also, Celemony have said that PreSonus are working on implementing ARA2 ("Presonus, for example, is currently working on a version of Studio One featuring the new technology"), and seeing as v2 includes the ability for plugins to share Chord track info, I'm hoping that means we are likely to see Chord tracks in S1 sometime soon.

Studio One v4.0.0
macOS High Sierra
MacBook Pro 9,1 (Mid-2012): 2.6GHz 8-Core Intel i7, 8GB RAM, Internal 7200RPM SATA Drive
Line6 POD UX2, 512 Samples, 44.1 kHz, 32-Bit
by muziksculp on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 pm
I would love to see an Articulation Switching System in verions 4, this would be very useful.

Basically a dedicated articulation switching system, to switch articulations of sampled instruments, i.e. Kontakt Instruments (i.e. Switching a strings articulation from Legato to Staccato, to Pizzicato, to ..etc.) by name in the midi track editor, something similar to the Expression Maps in Cubase, but with better implementation, easier, more logical, and faster workflow.

Also a dedicated MIDI Drum Editor. Would be super useful, and cool !
by multifederal on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:17 am
1: Find twelve features in S1 that are not absolutely necessary in a DAW (or which could be deemed frivolous) and that inadvertently disturb the interface, and remove them.

2: Find twelve workflow procedures in S1 that can be improved on, as in done quicker and more intuitively.

3: Allow us to type-in track volume changes in two steps, rather than the current three steps plus wrist movements with the mouse. Look at Reaper: click on the volume tab - a text screen shows - then type in desired number and hit enter - wallah.

Full opimization for the new 8th gen Intel cpus, including the six core models.

163 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9