Requests or concerns about the forum itself.
Technical Support requests should be logged directly at http://support.presonus.com
28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
We want your feedback. We are looking to make changes to the forum. What feature would you most like to see added to the PreSonus Forum?

As the list of features is defined, we'll create a poll to see which features are most important to the forum community.

Discuss...

Running list:

1. More participation from PreSonus staff.
by dr4kan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:01 am
more participation from Presonus guys...can we consider this as a new feature? :)

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by themaartian on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 am
My preference would be to have very specific guidelines for what constitutes the criteria that must be satisfied to open a support ticket. Anything else should be handled in this forum. One ring to rule them all!

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by mwright137 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm
I'm sure we can get that info...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by ForumAdmin on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 am
themaartian wroteMy preference would be to have very specific guidelines for what constitutes the criteria that must be satisfied to open a support ticket. Anything else should be handled in this forum. One ring to rule them all!

Thanks for the feedback, this is great information.

We've seen a shift in thinking about what is considered "a forum". In addition to your criteria, what do you consider a forum? Does social media constitute "a forum" or "the forum". The support team get customers stating "I posted on your forum" yet come to find out they posted in the FaceBook users group not knowing the difference between this Forum and the FaceBook areas. To some it's one and the same. This is a very important item to consider when using the word "forum".

With that in mind, what are you thinking that criteria should be?
by Hagrid on Fri May 22, 2015 11:46 pm
I would like to see a separate forums for Studio One V2 and V3 discussions. I would like to be able to ask questions related to V2 without people telling me I should upgrade or it works better or different in V3.

Thanks,

Rick

--
Setup: FireStudio Project, StudioOne V3 Pro, Universal Control 4.1.3.17357, iMac 16GB RAM - OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert--Arrakeen villager saying.
by mwright137 on Sat May 23, 2015 7:13 pm
Hagrid wroteI would like to see a separate forums for Studio One V2 and V3 discussions. I would like to be able to ask questions related to V2 without people telling me I should upgrade or it works better or different in V3.

Thanks,

Rick

That's a good suggestion, although your reasoning may be off. In other words, just because you post in a v2 forum don't expect that people wouldn't suggest an upgrade.

I'll pass the suggestion along...

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by sirmonkey on Sat May 23, 2015 7:48 pm
My suggestion: Go back to the layout of the old forum that was retired last year. I really miss it!

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by sunmachine on Sun May 24, 2015 2:49 am
I'd like to be able to upload images that are bigger than 800x600.

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by mwright137 on Sun May 24, 2015 8:54 am
sunmachine wroteI'd like to be able to upload images that are bigger than 800x600.

Have you tried lately? I thought they removed that restriction.

My Website
by SwitchBack on Sun May 24, 2015 9:31 am
Please make sure that a sub-forum name always includes the name of the forum it recedes under. Already done in most cases but there are exceptions (Notion, German sub-forums, …)

Makes it easier to navigate e.g. the 'new posts' overview and avoids unrelated posts in sub-forums like "Allgemeines"...
by sunmachine on Sun May 24, 2015 9:32 am
mwright137 wrote
sunmachine wroteI'd like to be able to upload images that are bigger than 800x600.

Have you tried lately? I thought they removed that restriction.

Yes, it's still there :(

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
by sunmachine on Sun May 24, 2015 9:33 am
SwitchBack wrotePlease make sure that a sub-forum name always includes the name of the forum it recedes under. Already done in most cases but there are exceptions (Notion, German sub-forums, …)

Makes it easier to navigate e.g. the 'new posts' overview and avoids unrelated posts in sub-forums like "Allgemeines"...

:+1

--
by Bub on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:53 am
"Block Member" option.

It would be nice to be able to click on a forum member's name where you click to send them a PM and have a checkbox there with the option to block their posts from your view. Have it show up for everyone including Moderators.

Set it so if they try to reply to something you've said by clicking on the "Reply" button it gives them a pop-up message saying "This member has you blocked.".

If there is a real problem (not just a personal grievance) then they would have to click on "Report This Post" and a Moderator (or another Moderator if it's a Moderator you had blocked) would address it.

They have this feature on the Sonar forum and other forums I've been on and it works very well to keep peace between people that rub each other the wrong way.

Thanks,

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by stonberg on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:36 am
Bub wrote"Block Member" option.

+1

AKA 'Ignore User'.
by Steve Carter on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:44 pm
I'd prefer that the 'view new posts' button returned only results relative to the forum I'm reading, i.e I'm looking at the 'Studio One' forum, I press the 'view new posts' and I get posts from, for instance, the 'Studio Live' or 'Notion' forums for which I personally have little or no interest.

Can the O.P.'s link (which I presume to mean Original Poster) not appear adjacent to the post subject link - I get frustrated by the number of times I inadvertantly touch the poster's link on my tablet. Yeah - I'm a bass player with sausages for fingers!

A bit tongue in cheek but with a genuine grievance - Can the forum automatically expand acronyms so that oldies like me can understand what's being said/discussed? At least emojies have an expressive clue as to their meaning. (Before anyone checks - I have been guilty of using both acronyms and emojies in the past and apologise to any whom I've confused). Perhaps an 'acronym conversion chart listing the only accepted terms/versions could be employed! Nah' won't happen I'll just remain befuddled.

JMOFWIWYMMV! ;)

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by SwitchBack on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 am
I really like the Community Based Training initiative. Great place to find that one video explaining that one little thing you couldn't work out yourself.

Having said that, man, some of those video's are long-winded to a point where it defies the purpose. I'd love to see video's longer than say 5 minutes come with an index in the post.

Something like this:
00:00 Introduction
08:33 Explaining the problem
22:17 The Solution
31:41 The fast route, using shortcuts
32:15 Recap
36:20 Credits

Who says aye :)
by matthewgorman on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 am
SwitchBack wroteI really like the Community Based Training initiative. Great place to find that one video explaining that one little thing you couldn't work out yourself.

Having said that, man, some of those video's are long-winded to a point where it defies the purpose. I'd love to see video's longer than say 5 minutes come with an index in the post.

Something like this:
00:00 Introduction
08:33 Explaining the problem
22:17 The Solution
31:41 The fast route, using shortcuts
32:15 Recap
36:20 Credits

Who says aye :)

We are trying to do that as we move forward with the effort. Great idea.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Steve Carter on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 pm
OK, most likely gonna embarrass myself here but I'm missing something fundamental (nothing unusual there)...!!

There have been a lot of tutorial video posts just recently 'beginner, intermediate and advanced', which I'm assuming that the most recent posts in this thread are alluding to. Are these videos being collated somewhere for reference purposes, with easy access, listed under these experience level headings?

I've looked at the forum 'board index' under video tutorials but it doesn't appear to cross reference with the plethora of recent posts. Do we have to rely on making a search of the forum/s to happen upon them or have I missed some new announcement as to their collective whereabouts?

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by SwitchBack on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:00 am
It's under Community Based Training...

Not your fault. It stresses the need to include the 'path' in subforum names, as I requested a few posts further up in this thread.

Don't call a subforum 'Beginner' when there's more of those around. Better call it 'Studio Recording Training - Beginner', or abbreviate to 'CBT/SRT/Beginner' or something...

28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2