Requests or concerns about the forum itself.
Technical Support requests should be logged directly at http://support.presonus.com
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
For some reason most people who produce music like to work in dim light. Music software companies have taken notice which is why most modern music production software has a dark UI.

I often have the forum on one display and S1 on he other, and the bright white is rather painful when everything else is dark. Would it be possible to add an option so users can choose between day/night themes?

Also consider adding something unique at the top of the forum pages. The current banner is so play this forum looks like any other forum. The old forum had a humorous picture which not only was readily recognisable but also set a relaxed mood right from the start.

PS: This has probably been noted elsewhere but currently the old forum search is broken, and it also would be nice if existing links to the old forum could be automatically redirected. The old forum contains vast amounts of vital information that we need access too now.

Windows 10 64-bit Professional
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32 GB RAM
Studio One 3.3.1.39379 Win x64
by matthewgorman on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:54 pm
Moved your topic to the forum feedback thread. Presonus is definately in listen mode for the forum, so it will get more traction there.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Kahlbert on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 am
Scoox wroteFor some reason most people who produce music like to work in dim light. Music software companies have taken notice which is why most modern music production software has a dark UI.

I often have the forum on one display and S1 on he other, and the bright white is rather painful when everything else is dark. Would it be possible to add an option so users can choose between day/night themes?

Also consider adding something unique at the top of the forum pages. The current banner is so play this forum looks like any other forum. The old forum had a humorous picture which not only was readily recognisable but also set a relaxed mood right from the start.

PS: This has probably been noted elsewhere but currently the old forum search is broken, and it also would be nice if existing links to the old forum could be automatically redirected. The old forum contains vast amounts of vital information that we need access too now.

That's funny. Many people complained about these two exact issues in the old forum. :lol:

Me, I like the new look and feel ...
by dr4kan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 am
What's wrong with the colors? I like the new look. It looks modern and clean. At the beginning I was confused by all those subforums, etc... but in the end I got used to it.

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by matthewgorman on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:39 am
Capture.JPG
Its not all that different theme wise than the old forum

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by db on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:43 am
I quite like the look. But some kind of choice would be nice I guess, to please as many people as possible. But I prefer this look and feel compared to the older forum.

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by timmorris on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:06 pm
Yep....too bright !!

Home page far too complex....too much text and ts all too small.

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by -Luis- on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:30 pm
Hope you don't mind Melvis I stole your answer from the old forum.

The new forum background is actually a shade darker than this one. This page is #FFFFFF (white) and the new one is #F2F2F2 (less white). It's just wider to fit more on the page and doesn't have the slightly darker border.
Last edited by -Luis- on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by mwright137 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:33 pm
timmorris wroteHome page far too complex....too much text and ts all too small.

That's actually funny. One of my first complaints was that the text was too large...lol

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by timmorris on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:54 pm
mwright137 wrote
timmorris wroteHome page far too complex....too much text and ts all too small.

That's actually funny. One of my first complaints was that the text was too large...lol

Ha ! Well......I find its small anyway ...

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by Lawrence on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:09 pm
The new forum background is actually a shade darker than this [the old] one. This page is #FFFFFF (white) and the new one is #F2F2F2 (less white).

I just did a quick A/B on my iPad, tapping the tabs to switch between them, and he's right, it is darker than the old forum. :lol:
by gadget69 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:32 pm
We have been actively working on the look, feel and features and appreciate any and all comments, please don't be offended if your thoughts are not incorporated into the ongoing product. This is after all a work in progress that we are trying to make home for the MAJORITY of the people that frequent this site.

From an older than dirt person... ME.. HAHA!!... the larger text is quite a treat! :mrgreen:

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by sirmonkey on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 pm
timmorris wroteYep....too bright !!

Home page far too complex....too much text and ts all too small.

I second this comment. And I still liked the blue glowing thingies for new posts. It was easy to scan these real quick, and decide if the category was one of interest (where there are new posts).

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by mwright137 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 pm
sirmonkey wroteAnd I still liked the blue glowing thingies for new posts. It was easy to scan these real quick, and decide if the category was one of interest (where there are new posts).

The whole icon beside the new posts is blue now as opposed to grey for posts you've read.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

14 posts
Page 1 of 1