3 posts
Page 1 of 1
SONAR user trying to create a template for the efficient editing of MIDI drum kit pieces. My goal;
- Assigning note numbers to kit pieces for efficient editing (= custom pitch name map)
- Assigning meaningful kit piece names for all articulations (= custom pitch name map)
- Color coded kit pieces (this appears to be possible with multiple Tracks)

I'm able to create the separate color coded tracks BUT ...

1. The pitch name map will only load the Preset Keymap in BFD3 for the Preset listed in Preferences/Startup.
> The pitch names displayed appear to be the long winded kit piece names in the xml files for BFD3 kit pieces.
>They are too small and too hard to read from a distance. Not useful for editing.

2. I am unable to select the wrench icon to edit/create a useful pitch name map in S1 once BFD3 is loaded.

3. I tried creating a User Preset Pitch Name Map (xml file) outside of S1 but am unable to select it from the Editor or drag it from the Browser.

4. Tried switching to full screen mode, but the Editor loses the color coded multiple track selection and only displays one of the MIDI (Instrument)tracks. Tried assigning the tracks to a Group but this did not help.

5. Also I am unable to load a new keymap in BFD3 after creating an Instrument Track in S1. Assigning a new kitpiece to a key in BFD3 will not update the pitch name in S1. The sound is mapped and can be played "anonymously", but not so usefully.

6. Another issue is attempting to deactivate the "auto-arming feature" on Track/Select. The manual (Pg 43) claims this is a setting in StudioOne/Options/Advanced/Console options list but apparently this only applies to Audio Tracks and there does not appear to be a way to disable it for MIDI tracks. Hope I am wrong.

I'm sure there's a few more speed bumps but any insight/pointers to useful vids on these issues will go a long ways for getting up to speed, Thx.

Asus X99-A, [email protected], 32GB DDR4, Radeon HD5450, Samsung EVO 850 SSDs
Win 10 Pro x64 ver 1703 Build 15063.877
Tascam US-20x20
Studio One Pro ver 5.5.2.86528
by josedownes on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:57 pm
Update: Figured out the answer to #4 above = opening the "tracks" icon in the MIDI Editor and re-selecting the MIDI tracks for display (even though they were already selected in the Track Editor). But still progress.

If only I actually read some useful pitch names...

Tascam US-20x20
by josedownes on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:37 pm
Problem solved.

Please see the related post in the COMMUNITY SUPPORT TOPICS forum for details, which is where this should have been posted.

Tascam US-20x20

3 posts
Page 1 of 1