Requests or concerns about the forum itself.
Technical Support requests should be logged directly at http://support.presonus.com
19 posts
Page 1 of 1
For those who don't know what it is.
A user can add another user to his personal foe list. After a user placed another user on his foe list, he won't see any posts made by the user on his foe list. Nor can users on his foe list contact him by PM.

Optionally the friends list can added which marks posts made by friends.
by SwitchBack on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:12 am
Not sure how that's gonna play out. Does it mean that a foe can write a reply to one of your posts, for everyone to see except for you? I'm not convinced that such a feature is going to do the forums any good :|
by niles on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:42 am
SwitchBack wroteNot sure how that's gonna play out. Does it mean that a foe can write a reply to one of your posts, for everyone to see except for you?

Yes.
by SwitchBack on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:22 am
Ah, so it's a bit like going "na na na na..." with your fingers in your ears... :(
by niles on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:42 am
SwitchBack wroteAh, so it's a bit like going "na na na na..." with your fingers in your ears... :(

Friends and Foes
by Kahlbert on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am
SwitchBack wroteAh, so it's a bit like going "na na na na..." with your fingers in your ears... :(

Sometimes that's the best thing you can do in an internet forum ... :lol:
by FinalSaga on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 pm
IF you would in turn, post a reply to a thread, on one on the list... which he couldn't see - and talk go from there and such... kinda renders trouble me thinks
Everyone doing this... would kinda be like a forum that never would make sence to anyone, or?
Just thinking ;)

"How would VSL work.. ??"
(muted)
"Nike has 25% off this week!"
Just saying

I know it's extreme lol

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by SwitchBack on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:07 am
I was thinking a little more about this foe list option and it might be useful after all provided that a condition is added:

"As long as you have users in your foe list you cannot post in any of the forums yourself."
by niles on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:58 am
FinalSaga wroteIF you would in turn, post a reply to a thread, on one on the list... which he couldn't see - and talk go from there and such... kinda renders trouble me thinks
Everyone doing this... would kinda be like a forum that never would make sence to anyone, or?
Just thinking ;)

It's on user level. So when you put me on your Foe list, my posts will be collapsed by default for you only. You can still see I did post and you also have the possibility to expand a single post to read it. If you happen to expand every post I made manually, it probably wasn't a good idea to put me on your foe list.

SwitchBack wrote"As long as you have users in your foe list you cannot post in any of the forums yourself."

The Foe list is not a tool for antagonizing. It's just a tool for a user to collapse posts from other users that are 99% of the time insignificant to him/her.
by SwitchBack on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:16 am
I have a very different take on this.

Forums are all about communication, and communication requires open channels. Most threads have contributions from more than two users, and many more reading them. Cutting contributions from threads, even if only optional, will make other contributions seem out of context, misdirected, or even plain silly. Fights have started over less, and wouldn't it be silly indeed to miss an apology when called for because you have stopped listening?

So I vote for keeping all channels open and threads intact. No deleting of single posts unless replaced by a note stating the reason. And no one-sided 'I stop listening to you' option unless it means that you block yourself from posting as a consequence.

And for users misbehaving repeatedly (mostly on form, less on content) I suggest to revive the 'warning - cool down - longer cool down - revoke' system. Used to work great on the old forum.

Oh, and one more thing: OPs have to take more ownership of the threads they started. Nothing wrong with posting: "Hey, this is my thread and please keep things on topic." And ask for the moderators to lock your threads when they ran their cause, to keep things tidy :)
by mwright137 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 am
SwitchBack wroteAnd for users misbehaving repeatedly (mostly on form, less on content) I suggest to revive the 'warning - cool down - longer cool down - revoke' system. Used to work great on the old forum.

It's in the works.

SwitchBack wroteOh, and one more thing: OPs have to take more ownership of the threads they started. Nothing wrong with posting: "Hey, this is my thread and please keep things on topic." And ask for the moderators to lock your threads when they ran their cause, to keep things tidy :)

Great idea. One of the buttons on every post is the "Report" button. This does not negatively affect a user, but it does call moderator attention to a post. If you guys could help direct our attention to problem areas or even areas where threads should probably be split, we could help keep threads on topic for you.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by SwitchBack on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am
mwright137 wrote
SwitchBack wroteOh, and one more thing: OPs have to take more ownership of the threads they started. Nothing wrong with posting: "Hey, this is my thread and please keep things on topic." And ask for the moderators to lock your threads when they ran their cause, to keep things tidy :)

Great idea. One of the buttons on every post is the "Report" button. This does not negatively affect a user, but it does call moderator attention to a post. If you guys could help direct our attention to problem areas or even areas where threads should probably be split, we could help keep threads on topic for you.
Ah, that's handy for when threads are heading nowhere :) Still prefer the OPs to own and moderate their own threads for as long as possible. Less work for the moderators too ;)
by niles on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:33 am
SwitchBack wroteI have a very different take on this.

Forums are all about communication, and communication requires open channels. Most threads have contributions from more than two users, and many more reading them. Cutting contributions from threads, even if only optional, will make other contributions seem out of context, misdirected, or even plain silly. Fights have started over less, and wouldn't it be silly indeed to miss an apology when called for because you have stopped listening?

Like I said, the threads are not modified and stay exactly the same for you or any other user. See it as the mute features of Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook, Google, your email client, your phone etc. If I mute/ignore/hide a user, nothing changes for the rest of the world.
by SwitchBack on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:52 am
That's not the way I see it.

It stands to reason that you would only put users on your foe list who respond to subjects that interest you too. There's a good chance that when one user puts another on his foe list, that the other user puts this one user on his foe list too. So now the rest of the forum community can witness two users participating in increasingly kafkaesque treads by completely ignoring each other's contributions. It wouldn't take long before other users get fed up and move on. Personally I'd rather see those users with (the need for) foe lists move on instead. My $.02
by niles on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:39 am
SwitchBack wroteI have a very different take on this.

Forums are all about communication, and communication requires open channels.

SwitchBack wrotePersonally I'd rather see those users with (the need for) foe lists move on instead. My $.02

Apart from the fact your opinions are conflicting, isn't it a bit strange to suggest the thread starter to move on, when your preference is communication?

Now, if you had a Foe list, you can add those "users with (the need for) foe lists" so you don't have to participate in their requests ;)
by SwitchBack on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 am
OK, so rather than to correct you on that one I give you this to ponder on:

You get your foe list, and put me on it. I start a thread asking to remove the foe list option, asking all those against to raise their hand. Will you raise your hand? :P
by niles on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:12 am
SwitchBack wroteOK, so rather than to correct you on that one I give you this to ponder on:

You get your foe list, and put me on it. I start a thread asking to remove the foe list option, asking all those against to raise their hand. Will you raise your hand? :P

Yes, because I can still read topic titles created by people on my Foe list, just not the content without expanding the post.
And when I miss it because I put you on my Foe list, it is my own fault.
by SwitchBack on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:33 am
Looks like you only need a foe list for topics that don't interest you then. I simply skip those...

Anyway, I'm glad neither of us has a foe list with the other on it, so we could have this discussion. I rather enjoyed it. Thanks. :)
by niles on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 am
SwitchBack wroteLooks like you only need a foe list for topics that don't interest you then. I simply skip those...

No, topic titles should not be hidden by the Foe list. Those are, like you said, easy to skip.

SwitchBack wroteAnyway, I'm glad neither of us has a foe list with the other on it, so we could have this discussion. I rather enjoyed it. Thanks. :)

Thank you too for sharing your opinion 8-)

19 posts
Page 1 of 1