5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wonder if any Studiolive 3 owners have had this issue.

I have a new Studiolive III 32R mixer, updated to latest firmware. I have set the sampling frequency to 44.1 on the mixer and on capture software. Connected via USB. I was able to record on a channel through a mic input. However during playback, with Digital playback selected I inadvertently left the channel armed and got terrible feedback. I dis-armed the channel played it back and it sounded correct but the board will not show any signal on any channel. The faders are still responsive to UC Surface control but the board will not recognize any input on any channel.

I tried all of the following in this order:

1. Turn off mixer and restart, mixer would still not work
2. Reboot MAC (running latest Big Sur), mixer would still not respond
3. Did another firmware update (even though it said "firmware is up to date do you want to do it again"), Mixer would still not work
4. Did a factory reset, updated to latest firmware, reset Sampling frequency back to 44.1 Hz. Mixer works but it would not restore my mixer settings I had been saving. Kept saying "legacy screen need to be converted" and I have no legacy screens, so I lost my settings.

Once I did factory reset I had to rebuild all my mixer settings again. What do I do to save settings so they can be restored in the future?

Any ideas why this is happening? I am on the fence of sending the mixer back.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Robert
by wahlerstudios on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:25 pm
When you want to play a reorded track back to the mixer, you have to set the input source of that channel to USB. For recording and live sound input source must be set to Analog.

UC Control is the "connector" of mixer and computer/software and Capture actually also uses UC Control to "identify" the mixer in use. When you launch Capture, wait a few seconds until you see a small picture of your mixer model on the start page. Only then Capture can start in the configuration you need.

Mixer settings are stored in a project, which hosts one scene or several scenes. Both need to be stored separately. If you store the project, the scene will not be stored automatically. You can copy a project in UC Surface to the "local" device, which can be a tablet or a computer. This is also the way to "transport" settings to another mixer.

Hope this helps.
by kyrrefritzner on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:06 am
Same poop here ! , get the message "Studiolive is unresponsive" no sound and the cursor freezes😰

I'm using Mac Pro - High Sierra 10.13 , everything else is up to date "Studio one" and Studiolive mixer 32
by wahlerstudios on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:38 am
1) You can open a Support Ticket and let Support give you advice.

2) If you don't want official support, you can try the "The Home Button Reset":

"StudioLive Series III Console - Reverting to the Factory Firmware Image"
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ware-Image

Then load the previous firmware, not the current v2.5.17953. All firmware versions are available in your PreSonus account.
by PAE Seth on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:51 am
If your Rack Mixer has a base firmware thats pre 2.0, then you will see the legacy scene comment. We made a big change to show files on 2.0 firmware.

New mixers should be on 2.0 base firmware. You must have one that was made prior to the running change at the factory. We periodically update the base firmware as the product evolves.

Also, If you want to playback tracks from Capture, you have to disable Input Monitoring (de-arm all tracks) before setting USB source on the mixer, else you get the feedback loop. Basically, your sending the same signal to the board that the capture input is listening to, defeating the playback purpose. There are two buttons that make that easier. Manuals should cover this.

Contact Support and they can update base firmware with you.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower

5 posts
Page 1 of 1