13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there any chance that Presonus is/would consider support for 3rd Party Plug-ins for studio One Artist? From what I can tell, Studio One is the only DAW that doesn't support them with their entry level software. Other than that - I'm sold. I really like the software...
Last edited by miked7 on Thu May 07, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by matthewgorman on Thu May 07, 2015 8:41 am
I'm sure its possible, but we know about as much as you do right now.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by dr4kan on Thu May 07, 2015 8:58 am
miked7 wroteIs there any chance that Presonus is/would consider support for 3rd Party Plug-ins for studio One Artist? From what I can tell, Studio One is the only DAW that doesn't support them with their entry level software. Other than that - I'm sold. I really like the software...

If you're sold, why don't you consider to upgrade to Producer?

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by miked7 on Thu May 07, 2015 9:09 am
I'm on a budget and would like to allocate that 100 bucks to other things for now.

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
by mrpicholas on Mon May 11, 2015 9:14 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The forum will only let me use 5 lols

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by Karyn on Tue May 12, 2015 1:26 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have three of mine, I don't use them much.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by miked7 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:15 am
I just purchased Studio One Producer 2! As I've said elsewhere, I'm new to the DAW world and have been trying out LOTS of entry level DAWs for home recording. But I found I always kept coming back to Studio One - even the FREE Version after my demo ran out.

PS. Still cranky about the lack of 3rd party plug-in support for the entry level software - in the new release too...

---- - ----
by PreSonuSales2 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:09 am
miked7 wrotePS. Still cranky about the lack of 3rd party plug-in support for the entry level software - in the new release too...

Studio One Artist 3 is capable of supporting 3rd party plug-ins via an add-on.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)
by miked7 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:35 am
Yes, for the same 100 bucks to get from Artist 2 to Producer 2...

From what I can tell, it is $200 to get Studio One to play with 3rd party plug-ins which makes it at least 2X as expensive for entry level folks to get into this DAW vs all the other $99 (or less) entry level DAWs.

Now, I can't wait to dive in and really learn it!

---- - ----
by michael93 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:36 pm
Talk about disappointing, especially since finding out there is no support for plug ins only occurs after you have purchased a plug in and can't get it to appear in the VST list. Clearly, in the ads from all the dealers that sell the product, it says that it has support for these plug ins, even touts the support. Musicians friend, Sweetwater, Zzounds and AMS all list the five or so 3rd party formats supposedly supported by the software. When asked about the lack of support these dealers are all extremely unaware that this is missing from artist. So then it is only after a few hundred bucks spent that you even discover your expensive software is useless for your DAW, the really cool slick and useful DAW that you have come to enjoy using... Pre-Sonus needs to just drop this marketing ruse and make the upgrade to third party support an update and not an expensive add on. They have the best software in the business, why can't they let that stand as their marketing tool? I would totally upgrade to pro... after I learn all I need to about using their DAW. Right now, I don't need it and the expense isn't warranted. What I do need is 3rd party support without the added expense. Especially since I spent a fortune on 3rd party plug ins. Oh well, back to reaper.
by Lawrence on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:06 pm
michael93 wroteTalk about disappointing, especially since finding out there is no support for plug ins only occurs after you have purchased a plug in and can't get it to appear in the VST list.

It's been on the product page from day one....

http://studioone.presonus.com/compare-versions

No idea why that still happens so often.
by grahamjenkins on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:10 pm
So if I purchase the VST add on for Artist, enabling third party VST plugins, would I get refunded (in full or part) when upgrading to professional where it is already included?
Would make sense? Yes?
by mrpicholas on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:55 am
Would make sense? Yes.
Is that the way it works? No. Sorry. You can add on to Artist, but the cost of add-ons will not be deducted from an eventual purchase or Professional.

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil

13 posts
Page 1 of 1