StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
Our church will soon be purchasing the RM32Ai setup along with PreSonus Ai Loudspeakers and Subs. I am so stoked but I have one question regarding a few minor details. We're used to having a talkback mic, Headphones, and ipod connected to a PreSonus 32.4.2 mixer back at the sound booth. So now with the RM32Ai most likely being rack mounted on stage how do we best solve the issue of not having anywhere to plug in those components?
Thanks,
by summitcn on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:04 pm
You should keep the 32.4.2 and add an AVB card to it, and use the RM32 and 32.4.2 together as a digital snake setup.

-Scott
by johndesoto on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm
I wish that were an option but it's not. We will no longer be using the 34.4.2 because we're leaving it behind and moving to a new building :( Any other options/ideas???
by SwitchBack on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:20 pm
So what are you planning to use for controlling the RM from the sound booth?
by PreSonuSales2 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:41 pm
Also curious as to what you're planning to use for controlling the RM from front of house.

If you've already got something lined up, we can start looking at ways to work with the tools that you have.

If not, I know of a pretty cool device that ought to get the job done ;) : http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-CS18AI. Plenty of inputs to connect a talkback microphone and an iPod as well as a headphone jack.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)
by johndesoto on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:40 pm
We're planning on using the 27" all in one touch screen computer to control everything. But the computer in all the demos I've seen on the RM32 don't have any inputs on the computer console that have xlr input for talkback mic, iPod, or an output to send Audio to a camera or headphones. I've heard there's a small control box of sorts with about 4 inputs and two 1/4" outputs. Is this true?
by PreSonuSales2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm
johndesoto wroteI've heard there's a small control box of sorts with about 4 inputs and two 1/4" outputs. Is this true?

The closest thing that we've got to this would be the CS18AI. However, it has 2 XLR outputs as opposed to two 1/4" outputs.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)

7 posts
Page 1 of 1